Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Run Killarney

Options
  • 15-06-2017 1:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭

Hi everyone,

Looking to do Killarney half marathon. Anyone done it before? How is the course? Hilly? It will be my third half.

It's very early start, 7:15 at hotel and then 45 min drive on the bus to start line. So 2.5 hour drive for me from Galway in the morning. They can post race pack too, which is handy.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭HigginsJ

I haven't done it but it looks like some serious downhill from mile 3.

http://runkillarney.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/07/Half-Marathon-map-info-2016.pdf

• Registered Users Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭diego_b

Hi, I did this race back in 2015....I did a race report here
    Will be back there again this year, the first 9 miles or so has a lot of downhill (with some slight kicks uphill) in it, but you need to be careful not to blow out doing that as the last 4 miles or so can be very tough then when you come off the road and into the park as there's some ups and downs there. The quads take a bit of a beating. Enjoyable race and hopefully we have a clear day for some good views on the road in from Moll's Gap.

Wear warm stuff for the bus trip to the start line and you can drop a small bag into a bus there that will take it back to the finish. You will be waiting around for maybe 45mins or so before the start at Moll's Gap. A bin bag is useful to have and wear right up the start as well to help keep dry and warm.

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭kave2

Thanks guys, just signed up. Looking forward.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,097 ✭✭✭Johnny_Fontane

Did it last year, its a tough one on the knees with the downhill sections, but its spectacular to run down from molls gap in the middle of the road.

well organised but pretty expensive to boot.

Advertisement