Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Disputing an infraction

Options
  • 15-06-2017 2:10pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23

I'd like to dispute my infraction in AH.
    I've already discussed with the mod and I've been directed here.

If a poster can spout ****e, I can assume they've a syndrome and respond accordingly.

I'd have went to feedback but that has been turned into a dodo.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,379 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Hi Mr F

I can deal with this for you. Please pm me or post here your pm exchange with the mod who infracted you where you both courteously attempted to resolve this issue.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23 Mrfrosty

Date: 15/06/2017 | 13:28
    Dear Mrfrosty,

You have been warned for being uncivil.

Typically, this means that you are posting in a needlessly aggressive or confrontational manner being disruptive on the forum or causing stress for the other members. We don't want that here.

For more information please refer to the Boards.ie FAQ.

Mod

Moderator Note

p=103813199&postcount=94 - Theres no need for that type of post in here.

Your post:Quote: Mrfrosty
    Quote: buzzwell
    BS removed

A syndrome you have alright, we get it what age are you 12 ffs.

To: mod
    Date: 15/06/2017 | 13:32
    Jez that was fast.

Well that dope of a poster deserves everything they get.

I'd like to appeal please.

From mod
    Yes it was fast because I was just in the thread to tell the user to knock it off with the Tipp case.

They may deserve everything they get but if you have an issue with a post use the report post function and allow the mods to deal with it.

You have only received a warning as your post was uncivil and you already know that.

Date: 15/06/2017 | 13:40
    I'll report nothing, they've kept trying to bring the tipp case into that thread, if they're big enough to spout that ****e than they should be able to take it.

I'd like to appeal it, on the grounds of they're able to post like that they're fair game and i get a yellow.

From mod
    And if they are spouting **** that goes against the charter they will be dealt with.

You did appeal and I upheld my original decision.

Date: 15/06/2017 | 13:56
    Yes they're spouting **** and are left off doing so, I don't care about the other user.

They're fair game.

I'll like to appeal.

Next message I asked where can I appeal over the mod and here is where I was directed here.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,570 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Rig, sorry to chime in but there is a PM missing in that exchange: After the users PM @ 13:40 i replied with
    I will not discuss other users with you. There are rules on boards and the moderators are the ones that will take care of those that break them.

I am still upholding the yellow card as your post was in breach of the charter. Nobody is "fair game" for you on here.

Date: 15/06/2017 | 14:01
    Quote: Mrfrosty
    Where do I appeal after you?

"Dispute resolutions"
    http://www.boards.ie/v...umdisplay.php?f=1397

Follow that flow chart at the top of the forum for instructions on what to do.

Now that's full transparency! :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,655 ✭✭✭✭Tokyo

Admin: a reminder that only the OP, CMod reviewing the infraction, and admin are permitted to post in DRP, unless explicitly invited to do so.

• Advertisement

jonnycivic wrote: »
    Rig, sorry to chime in but there is a PM missing in that exchange: After the users PM @ 13:40 i replied with

Seems admins are deleting my post and not informing me.

I didn't mean to leave out a post, it's a bit of bollix copying and pasting from my pms

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,379 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Thanks Mr F

On what basis are you appealing your infraction?

On the basis that the other poster was allowed to post away,for a fair discussion (I've no problem with that), even after many a posters broke it down and explained in detail why the two incidents aren't/weren't in anyway connected.

I got a 10 day infraction for calling out BS.
    If they're big enough to spout that BS for a reaction, they're fair game whether their 12 or 82.

That's why I'm appealing my infraction.
    Btw I'm not looking for any sanctions for the other poster, it's just to explain my POV.

Ok but I will only be looking at your posts not anyone elses. On that basis do you think your post was civil?

I would note that it is not always evident that an action has been taken against a post. A ban for example is invisible to a casual observer.

Oh yes, I believe I was being civil, if the mod wasn't there, it was going to escalate very quickly, so yes I believe I was being civil and my quip was civil in relation to that poster.

• Advertisement

Mr Frosty

I was hoping that we could reach a logical conclusion on this but unfortunately that does not seem probable now.

Your post was
    Mrfrosty wrote: »
    A syndrome you have alright, we get it what age are you 12 ffs.

I am not sure in what company a comment like that would be deemed to be civil (per your assertion). As a new poster you need to be aware what is acceptable discourse on this site. What you posted isn't. I would suggest you read some fora and get a feel for what is and is not allowable otherwise you will have more problems in future.

Warning upheld.

It was civil I've explained my part, now if you said a different poster or thread, I would have agreed with you, but not with that poster who was left spout BS (in the balance of fairness) a load of posters explained it to them even broke it down for them, but they kept going!

I'd like to appeal over you please!

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,724 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

No problem, I'll come back later.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Re-reg evading siteban.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement