Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alp d'Huez Cycling Holiday

Options
  • 15-06-2017 2:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 26

Hi all,

So I have flights booked to Lyon in August with the intention of spending 10 days based around Alp d'Huez.

Does anyone have any advice regarding accommodation? I will be travelling solo and my intention is to keep the cost of accom to a minimum ;)

Thank you!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,338 ✭✭✭Lusk_Doyle

Bring a tent?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

I stayed at a campsite called Ferme Neomie in 2015. Nice place, well run and secure bike storage. From what I remember the price was decent enough. I'd the family with me so we rented an apartment on the site but plenty of people were camping. It's 5km from Bourg d'Oisans.

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭davgtrek

If it were me solo I'd airbnb it. Stay in Bourg D'oisans or TBH there are lots of rooms and apts available in the many ski resorts which are less full for the summer season. Try near les deux alpsas that way you'll be hitting distance for Galibier. Huez and Glandon/Croix de fer are the near ones anyway.
    If you're tackling all the many HC climbs around there the last thing you need are nights in a tent....

Wow 10 days cycling would do serious damage to the HC bucket list in the alps !!

Advertisement