Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No loyalty

Options
  • 15-06-2017 2:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I have been a customer of eir for a while. Renewing my contract now and i get different offers and rates depending on who i speak.

Latest one put my new package much higher than existing.

Any reps here wish to help.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 807 ✭✭✭eir: Anna

Hi Skyrimaddict,

Thanks for getting in touch.

Can you please PM me your account details and I will be more than happy to have a further look into this for you.

Thanks, 
    Anna.

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭Skyrimaddict

Just to come back to this post after what i would describe as terrible customer service.

Rang and went to Eir store portlaoise to get very poor treatment from worker with short blonde hair, but who did manage to tell me my account was not cancelled.

Rang your loyalty dept, spoke with lovely girl called Denise who tried to help but pointed out the following.

1. My contract was not cancelled, someone instead put me to switch. Despite two calls both to confirm my cancellation was accepted.
    2. If i want a call listened to in which i cancelled it would take 21 days.

At this point i am out of contract so will just cancel my payments to Eir.

From a company two years ago whom i told everyone was great, to pure rubbish!

I have received your PM and will reply to you shortly.

I do apologise for any inconvenience caused to you. 

Thanks,
    Anna

eir: Anna wrote: »
    I have received your PM and will reply to you shortly.

I do apologise for any inconvenience caused to you. 

Thanks,
    Anna

Pm yesterdsy and awaiting response

I have replied to your PM.

Thanks,
    Anna

• Advertisement

I have replied to your PM.

Thanks,
    Anna

Yes, and advised it now can take 30 days to listen to my call. Not even the 21 as advised previously.

At this point i had wanted to keep some acvounts with Eir but a complete lack of customer care is forcing me away

I am very sorry to hear this.

The 21 working days is correct, however, this would be 30 days.

I do apologise, unfortunately, this is the standard lead time for a resolution and we would be unable to escalate this.

-Anna

I am very sorry to hear this.

The 21 working days is correct, however, this would be 30 days.

I do apologise, unfortunately, this is the standard lead time for a resolution and we would be unable to escalate this.

-Anna

So basically due to an error on the part of Eir, i have to pay a number of months extra.

Also, it was not 21 working days i was told, it was 21.

I will just cancel my dd so, and when eir go to court you will need to present the recording.

I must say this is a poor way to treat a customer who was loyal all along.

I must say this is a poor way to treat a customer who was loyal all along.

Been advised by an Eir that i need to request a cancellation which i have done or wait till escalation.

Do i get my account money back at the end when i am proven right.

• Advertisement

I'm very sorry you feel this way, however, this is the standard lead time and it is required that the call is listened to in order to hear what was discussed and agreed to at the point of sale.

Thanks,
    Anna

I'm very sorry you feel this way, however, this is the standard lead time and it is required that the call is listened to in order to hear what was discussed and agreed to at the point of sale.

Thanks,
    Anna

And what about when the call Is listened to. Is my money given back.

Can you also post a link to where it says i need to call to cancel and then await an emaik.

And also where in your t and c it says it takes 30 days for a call listened to.

A decision will be based on listening to the call and any charges incorrectly applied will be amended.

It is not in our terms and conditions of 21 working days for a call to be listened to as this is standard lead time and does not affect your contract.

You can view all of our terms and conditions here.

Thanks,
    Anna

A decision will be based on listening to the call and any charges incorrectly applied will be amended.

It is not in our terms and conditions of 21 working days for a call to be listened to as this is standard lead time and does not affect your contract.

You can view all of our terms and conditions here.

Thanks,
    Anna

I asked if you can post the section Where it says i have to call and then await Eir to approve and then email me about cancelling.

I cant see it anywhere clearly

This is section is under the cancellation procedure in section 7 of the terms and conditions.

Thanks,
    Anna

And what about the refund once i am proven right?

Once the call has been listened to and a resolution has been made.

If you were incorrectly charged, the credits would the be applied to your account and will reflect your bill or a cheque will be issued out to you.

Thanks,
    Anna

Once the call has been listened to and a resolution has been made.

If you were incorrectly charged, the credits would the be applied to your account and will reflect your bill or a cheque will be issued out to you.

Thanks,
    Anna

Do i get a copy of this, or am i to trust Eir, or let me guess, i am to request it under freedom of infortamtion and pay for it.

If you wish to have a copy of this call recording you will need to submit in writing to the Data Protection Office.

You can send this request to:

Data Protection Officer
    eircom HQ
    1 Heuston South Quarter
    St. John's Road
    Dublin 8

You must accompany the letter with a cheque or postal order for €6.35. 

If the charge is not received, the request will be declined.

Thanks,
    Anna

Advertisement