Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

General Premier League Thread - 2017/2018

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,292 ✭✭✭GreNoLi

Liverpool
    Good finish, west hammered.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

astradave wrote: »
    There is a video from the away fans section that shows him picking up the police officers hat and then it cuts away to the crowd and he is back shouting abuse at a steward. Apparently while the camera wasn't showing the steward was either too forceful or punched the fan they were restraining and that made Aguero flip. The police all wear body cams and there was also a police officer videoing the incident so I'm sure the truth will come out anyways
    That ties in with a story I've heard about a steward getting rough with one of the fans that were on the pitch. Aguero saw it and went to see if the fan was okay. The steward tried to push him away, and Aguero pushed his arm away. A policeman saw it and intervened. The club are saying that they've seen the video and that the player has no case to answer. Cynics will say that "they would say that, wouldn't they". As you said, hopefully the truth (palatable or otherwise) will come out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,592 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Liverpool
    blueser wrote: »
    That ties in with a story I've heard about a steward getting rough with one of the fans that were on the pitch. Aguero saw it and went to see if the fan was okay. The steward tried to push him away, and Aguero pushed his arm away. A policeman saw it and intervened. The club are saying that they've seen the video and that the player has no case to answer. Cynics will say that "they would say that, wouldn't they". As you said, hopefully the truth (palatable or otherwise) will come out.

He looked pretty riled up and seemed to be threatening the steward in the video, though that could be debatable. Either way I think it's much ado about nothing.

Liverpool
    Oh Britos you dirt bird, terrible 'tackle'.

He looked pretty riled up and seemed to be threatening the steward in the video, though that could be debatable. Either way I think it's much ado about nothing.
    http://twitter.com/EthanAllen45/status/901447984738598913
    Not a lot can be seen from that video. Aguero having a "discussion" with the policeman; impossible to see if he did chin a steward from that. As you said earlier, maybe the police have bodycam footage available.

Liverpool
    GreNoLi wrote: »
    Oh Britos you dirt bird, terrible 'tackle'.

Was horrific, absolutely no place in the game for that, luckily the leg wasn't planted as he caught him just at the knee

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,722 ✭✭✭golfball37

Man City
    The stewards need to be called in over the decision to award city a free today when Bournemouth had a two on two to get a winning goal. An absolute disgrace of a decision

https://twitter.com/sammcnulty_/status/901481018888036354

Can't see him hitting the steward there. All he seems to be doing is trying to point out to the policeman the heavy handed stewarding going on. After giving the policeman's helmet back! The most he does is brush the steward's arm away. Is that seriously classed as "hitting" these days?

Liverpool

Can't see him hitting the steward there. All he seems to be doing is trying to point out to the policeman the heavy handed stewarding going on. After giving the policeman's helmet back! The most he does is brush the steward's arm away. Is that seriously classed as "hitting" these days?

Definitely doesn't hit him but he does Push him aggressively on the shoulder, don't know how it will stand up though. Is there anything in the rules about touching stewards like there would be about Ref's and Fans.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭JPA

Nothing to see there, however even touching the steward or getting involved in any way could lead the overzealous FA to take action.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,966 ✭✭✭Liamalone

Arsenal
    All I can see there is Aguero looking out for someone's welfare. Fair play.

Would've been funny if he'd stuck the helmet up his jersey and made off with it :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

Everton
    Points deduction from city is the only way to deal with it.

Apparently, it was shown on Bein Sports in the middle East, where Richard Keys and Andy Gray are now working. Gray is supposed to have said; "if the steward thinks that's assault then he should avoid Glasgow on a night out, case closed".

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭PhilipsR

Wouldn't be like a steward to have an inferiority complex anyways...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭Decuc500

Man City
    The steward was just doing his job there. Absolutely no need for Aguero to get involved.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Liverpool
    Decuc500 wrote: »
    The steward was just doing his job there. Absolutely no need for Aguero to get involved.

You see one of your own getting messed around with and you stand there and do nothing?

Well done Sergio

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

Everton
    You see one of your own getting messed around with and you stand there and do nothing?

Well done Sergio

The fan had no place being on the pitch. That's not because it was a city fan I'd say the same for United if they did it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Liverpool
    No need to be on the pitch but it looked over the top by the stewards in my opinion

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,160 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

No one really did anything right. It was a hape of wrongs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,378 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Liverpool

Well done Sergio

I haven't seen the incident yet but did the fan run into the field?

If so, with the way things are in the world now the stewards first concern is to stop that fan going anywhere because they do not know what his/her intentions are.

What if that "fan" runs to the players and stabs one of them to create a "terror incident" you'd be blaming the stewards for letting him on the field.

Augero should have stayed away and let the stewards do their jobs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,500 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

Aguero did absolutely nothing wrong, steward looking for 15 mins of fame :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭JPA

WBA Stoke instead of Chelsea Everton, ugh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Chelsea 2-0, Morata who is having a good start to his career at the Bridge.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭Rekop dog

Spurs
    Champ champs look ominous here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,012 ✭✭✭✭titan18

I know Everton have had a good few games recently, but dropping Calvert Lewin was a strange decision and game is showing how bad it was. No pace at all in the Everton team

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭Burial.

Liverpool
    Morata doing Miroslav Klose proud with all the headed goals and assists.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Liverpool
    titan18 wrote: »
    I know Everton have had a good few games recently, but dropping Calvert Lewin was a strange decision and game is showing how bad it was. No pace at all in the Everton team
    Totally agree unless Everton sign a striker with pace I can't see them do much this season. Will be hard to score against but won't score many.

Totally agree unless Everton sign a striker with pace I can't see them do much this season. Will be hard to score against but won't score many.

Calvert Lewin has shown he's good enough imo to start there. They also have Lookman who could be a good player as well.

Whether you play them up front or off someone like Rooney or Sandro is debatable, especially in games like this where they have so little of the ball

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,047 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Everton
    West Brom and Stoke not living up to the prematch hype...

Everton already looking better with Calvert Lewin on the pitch instead of Sandro.

• Advertisement

Liverpool
    That everton away jersey is just the worst.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

Everton
    emmetkenny wrote: »
    I haven't seen the incident yet but did the fan run into the field?

If so, with the way things are in the world now the stewards first concern is to stop that fan going anywhere because they do not know what his/her intentions are.

What if that "fan" runs to the players and stabs one of them to create a "terror incident" you'd be blaming the stewards for letting him on the field.

Augero should have stayed away and let the stewards do their jobs.

You could have googled and watched the incident twice by the time you wrote that post as you kind of need to see what happens before throwing a phrase like "terror incident" into the fray!

Liverpool
    You could have googled and watched the incident twice by the time you wrote that post as you kind of need to see what happens before throwing a phrase like "terror incident" into the fray!

I'm not saying it was a terror incident but I bet all police and stewards are extra careful now with anyone getting onto the field just incase they mean to harm a player.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,926 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Liverpool
    Unearthly wrote: »
    Bilic in the lead for sack race i say
    De Boer and Pellegrino and Hughton are not far behind but they do at least have a bit of slack as newbies/promoted

Wenger?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭Dolph Starbeam

Man Utd
    Wenger?

Zero chance, Wenger makes all of the decisions at the club, he's not going to sack himself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Liverpool
    Liverpool looking really good going forward, though Arsenal look shocking...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Arsenal fans will be hoping this is their "Chelsea" moment like last season that causes the manager to make some changes that end up winning them the league.

Because that was a shambolic effort.

Liverpool
    Looks like tottenham will easily have the worst home record among the top six.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,722 ✭✭✭golfball37

Man City
    Spurs are a sick joke at this stage

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Spurs already dropped more points at home this season than in the lot of last season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,926 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Liverpool
    Klopp asking the interviewer are you BT or Sky in a live interview :)

Sky won't like that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Safe to say Benitez is stuck where he is at those figures. How on earth did Ashley get him to sign that deal? He has done him like a kipper.

https://twitter.com/graemebailey/status/901873182021431297

Guardian front page story about De Boer already under threat from the chop. Ridiculous if true, Parrish must have known he was getting a manager who would make huge style changes and discussed that with him (unless De Boer said he'd be practical but hasn't been)

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭Harambe

Klopp asking the interviewer are you BT or Sky in a live interview :)

Sky won't like that.

He did that because he was pissed about being asked the same Coutinho question yet again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,976 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Allardyce walking away from Crystal Palace is making much more sense now than it did at the time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭Brendan Flowers

Everton
    Premier League Player of the Month nominations:

Romelu Lukaku, Henrikh Mkhitaryan, Phil Jones (Man United)
    Mohamed Salah, Sadio Mane (Liverpool)
    Alvaro Morata (Chelsea)
    Jonas Lossl (Huddersfield)

Premier League Manager of the Month nominations:

Jose Mourinho (Man United)
    Jurgen Klopp (Liverpool)
    Pep Guardiola (Man City)
    David Wagner (Huddersfield)
    Tony Pulis (West Brom)

Liverpool
    Premier League Player of the Month nominations:

Romelu Lukaku, Henrikh Mkhitaryan, Phil Jones (Man United)
    Mohamed Salah, Sadio Mane (Liverpool)
    Alvaro Morata (Chelsea)
    Jonas Lossl (Huddersfield)

Premier League Manager of the Month nominations:

Jose Mourinho (Man United)
    Jurgen Klopp (Liverpool)
    Pep Guardiola (Man City)
    David Wagner (Huddersfield)
    Tony Pulis (West Brom)

Mane for player and Wagner for manager. I think Jose will get manager though.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Agreed

Pep Guardiola getting a nomination is ludicrous, wouldn't have Klopp either.

Wagner and Mane for me Clive.

• Everton
    It will be Miki Ryan not Mane
    And it will be Jose, maximum points. 10 goals scored and none conceeded.
    It doesn't have to be some elaborate decision.
    Utd to clean up and rightfully so.

• Advertisement
Advertisement