Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

General Premier League Thread - 2017/2018

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

murpho999 wrote: »
    As in Wilshere didn't tackle anyone?
    As in screaming for a red card for Dinho last sunday and whining on instagram about it afterwards.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Liverpool
    Ozil really earning his new wage since he signed that new contract.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,595 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Liverpool
    Brighton defending well. Don't think we;ll score.

Brighton have been probably the best set piece defenders in the league, I really don’t understand why ye have been putting the ball in there up high the whole match, they have gobbled everything up, the goal also came along the ground

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Liverpool
    They've been really terrible on the break, but cognisant of that, Brighton have done well to hold on to the ball most of the time.

Dead man walking, surely?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

TitianGerm wrote: »
    If one of the Brighton players did that to Ozil you'd be calling for him to be sent off.

Ozil ain't going into that tackle that's for sure

Liverpool
    Chris Hughton doing a great job.

A former Spurs man for the Arsenal job.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

This just gets better and better.

Brilliant from Brighton, probably would’ve won by a walkover if the ref did his job.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Surely the end of Wenger now.

Hughton doing some job at Brighton.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,404 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

astradave wrote: »
    Brighton have been probably the best set piece defenders in the league, I really don’t understand why ye have been putting the ball in there up high the whole match, they have gobbled everything up, the goal also came along the ground
    Have been saying exactly that on the Arsenal thread. Keep it on the ground.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,030 ✭✭✭Minderbinder

Brighton defending well. Don't think we;ll score.

I’m pretty sure Brighton have conceded more goals from set pieces than any other team in the division. Or maybe second most.

Anyway a great victory for them against 12 men.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Cracking game, Aubameyang is starting to resemble a meth head.

Well done Brighton.

Arsenal are a mess.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,665 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

So that's it then - Arsenal are mathematically eliminated from winning the Premier League.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Liverpool
    Big Sam took over Everton after 14 games they were 13th and 5 pts clear of the drop. They are now 11th and either 6 or 7 pts clear of the drop depending on the palace result Monday. He is some man for bigging himself the way he was speaking the other day about the difference he has made. In 15 games he has picked up 19 pts and has spent a fair few quid in the Jan window.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,496 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Much deserved for Brighton, even when things were going against them.

Arsene should just walk, long past his sell by date

Liverpool
    Murray having his Rickie Lambert season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,294 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Anyone know why the liberty stadium has such wide empty space behind the goals? Did they shorten the pitch?

Need the extra room for the try area for rugby

Liverpool
    I’m pretty sure Brighton have conceded more goals from set pieces than any other team in the division. Or maybe second most.

Anyway a great victory for them against 12 men.

Really? That’s mad they always seem to be mopping up the set pieces..

Liverpool
    Troy Deeney will bully the fcuk out of that Arsenal defence next week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,501 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Liverpool
    So the “Arsenal aren’t a mess” brigade from the last day, still firm in your beliefs? Not that this result changes anything, they were a mess beforehand too.

30 points off first place, with the resources and facilities at their disposal. 13 points off 4th, the absolute minimum position that could satisfy their targets.

The longer Wenger is kept on the worse it’ll get, it’s basically a sound bite at this stage but it’s said so often because it’s true.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Bridge93

Liverpool
    Lovely trip to Italy awaits Arsenal now

Liverpool
    If Arsene was to leave today, who is available to replace him.. probably caretaker till rest of season?

Hypothetically of course..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,168 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

If Arsene was to leave today, who is available to replace him.. probably caretaker till rest of season?

Alan Pardew might consider it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,507 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Wilshere poor again today. Really proving that Keane was right in his recent assessment of him.

Of course, you won't see Souness tear into him to the same extent he does to Pogba, despite Wilshere's form/attitude being far more deserving of criticism.

Liverpool
    pjohnson wrote: »
    Alan Pardew might consider it?

Sol Cambell might throw his name into the hat

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Paul Merson?

At what point can someone start an "Is Wenger and Arsenal Done?" thread.

• Everton
    Burnley to pip Arsenal to 6th? Might be worth a fiver

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭marvin80

martyos121 wrote: »
    So the “Arsenal aren’t a mess” brigade from the last day, still firm in your beliefs?

Were people saying that?
    I find that hard to believe - I know from the Arsenal forum everyone is in agreement that they've been a mess for a long time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭Bret Hart

Liverpool
    No such thing as the top 6 anymore. It's the top 5 now. Dark days for a ex-great club. Roll on ArsenalFanTv.

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Burnley to pip Arsenal to 6th? Might be worth a fiver

May 5th gunna be huge

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,925 ✭✭✭pudzey101

Man Utd
    Bret Hart wrote: »
    No such thing as the top 6 anymore. It's the top 5 now. Dark days for a ex-great club. Roll on ArsenalFanTv.

exactly cuz city will run riot with the league for years to come :D

Actually how long has Cech been stuck on 199 clean sheets now? Poor bástard just can't round it off to the 200!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,501 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Liverpool
    marvin80 wrote: »
    Were people saying that?
    I find that hard to believe - I know from the Arsenal forum everyone is in agreement that they've been a mess for a long time.

Yeah, an excellent poster was championing that point based on the FA Cup successes and many others agreed. I personally find it a baffling opinion even though they made other points that were valid. Nothing personal against them if they’re reading this too, a top poster but I just couldn’t wrap my head around those views.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭fyfe79

Bret Hart wrote: »

All it will take is a new manager to turn them around. Arsenal are financially viable and have a good enough squad to build on. Look at Liverpool's Hodgson years - we were in a worse place than Arsenal are now. The only question is if they're brave enough to pull the trigger on Wenger.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Liverpool
    If Arsenal get a decent manager and sign 2 or 3 good players they'll be comfortably ahead of whoever is 7th next season.

In that sense they're still very much in the top 6.

If Wenger stays on and sees out his contract, they could well be in 12th mid season by the time they get around to sacking him. They certainly won't be challenging meaningfully for top 4, never mind the league.

No manager worth his salt would fancy doing some bull**** half measures thing where Wenger stays on as a director of football or anything with real power in the club.
    At best they need to offer him a ceremonial position, like non-executive director.

Liverpool
    Wilshere poor again today. Really proving that Keane was right in his recent assessment of him.

Of course, you won't see Souness tear into him to the same extent he does to Pogba, despite Wilshere's form/attitude being far more deserving of criticism.
    Keane was spot on . Massively overrated never has much of an impact on a game. Really poor numbers for goals/assists. Its telling that he is finally getting a run in the arsenal team and the reason is as they are now such a poor side.

• Everton
    Conte setting up negatively again it seems

Liverpool
    Come on man city please get the win today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,508 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Somewhere Anthony Buttimer is shaking his head.

• Advertisement

You're of course entitles to your opinion,but you are overegging the pudding a bit with the ’worst ever ’ bit.
    Throughout most of the 1980’s ,Arsenal were largely irrelevant,iirc prior to George Graham taking over. Likewise, prior to Arsene taking charge,they had 4 or 5 years of sh1te.
    Arsenal are going backwards,and for what it's worth, I think it's time for Wenger to hang up the anorak, but they are far from at their lowest ebb ....keep Arsene for another few years and that will come!
    Arsenal are bad enough without exaggerating it !
    As I said .... low and getting lower than ever before in my lifetime. No fight, no passion, no belief, fans have given up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Nicked from redcafe, pretty damning stat for a top team, and yes I know scoring 3 in any game from that position is tough.
    Arsenal still haven’t come back to win from 2 goals down since 2008.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,882 ✭✭✭✭klose

Zinchenko lucky to be on the field?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,496 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

klose wrote: »
    Zinchenko lucky to be on the field?

Certainly very reckless, think he's lucky he didn't catch him fully.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Neville really bad commentating.

Failing to recognize how well City are playing and pressing.

I'm actually enjoying this.
    Chelsea have come for a point and City are trying to prove that they're the best attacking side in the league.
    It would be very interesting if Chelsea could sneak a goal.

Patience pays off!
    :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Liverpool
    What a ball from Silva

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Nobody falls down quite like Hazard.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,179 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Glad I'm watching Barca v Atletico instead of Man City v Chelsea. Heard it's pretty turgid stuff. Chelsea didn't have a single shot in that 1st half. First time that's happened for well over a decade.

• Advertisement
Advertisement