Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

General Premier League Thread - 2017/2018

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,167 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

They did a tribute to Bobby Moore before the game and now they disgrace themselves.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

I'd say they'll get points docked for this one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

I generally don't wish ill on any club as a whole, but I'd love West Ham to go down.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,082 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

Liverpool

That's pretty terrible, poor kids.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

A 5 point deduction be great for them.

Havto play behind closed doors for a few games I'd say.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

LOL at people thinking The FA will punish West Ham in any significant way, shape or form.

Paully D wrote: »
    LOL at people thinking The FA will punish West Ham in any significant way, shape or form.

Maybe one invasion they might get away with but that was hard to excuse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

The other sanction would be to play Joe Hart for the rest of the season :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭jamesbere

Wonder is there trouble outside the stadium

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,113 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

Liverpool
    Did the ref play any minutes of extra time in the West Ham game.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Did the ref play any minutes of extra time in the West Ham game.

2 extra minutes, according to LiveScore.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,331 ✭✭✭Ardent

Looking at the teams at the bottom of the table...

Their managerial appointments have backfired. The old guard are more dinosaurs than saviours.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,814 ✭✭✭irishman86

Everton
    Ardent wrote: »
    Looking at the teams at the bottom of the table...

Their managerial appointments have backfired. The old guard are more dinosaurs than saviours.

I remember the adulation Roy Hodgson was getting in here when he first took over
    A coward of a man in a relegation battle ffs. I wonder what excuses he will use
    Stoke couldnt get anyone in but even they aimed at the likes of MON
    The only one of the old guard id want anywhere near my club is Big Sam

• Registered Users Posts: 3,860 ✭✭✭DeanAustin

Man City
    irishman86 wrote: »
    I remember the adulation Roy Hodgson was getting in here when he first took over

Hodgson is a good manager. Didn’t he keep Fulham up one season when they were dead and buried. That included a 3-2 win away to a decent City side having been 2-0 down. Don’t forget he took over a team that had lost all 7 of their games and hadn’t scored a goal. He has them fighting for their lives.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

Despite Roy Hodgson taking Fulham out somehow, having a better record than Allardyce, and remember where Palace were before Hodgson?

I've never seen Allardyce take a team to a UEFA Cup final.

• Advertisement

Everton
    DeanAustin wrote: »
    Hodgson is a good manager. Didn’t he keep Fulham up one season when they were dead and buried. That included a 3-2 win away to a decent City side having been 2-0 down. Don’t forget he took over a team that had lost all 7 of their games and hadn’t scored a goal. He has them fighting for their lives.
    Despite Roy Hodgson taking Fulham out somehow, having a better record than Allardyce, and remember where Palace were before Hodgson?

I've never seen Allardyce take a team to a UEFA Cup final.

Hodgson is a poor manager
    Big Sam has gotten teams to safety countless times. Hodgson is a glorified failure, if he was foreign he wouldnt get near a job in England

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

pjohnson wrote: »
    3 - 0 and another pitch invasion.

West Ham should be fined and docked points.

Invasion? 5 or 6 guys in total during the match...more of a few incursions rather than an invasion.

There will be a fine no doubt but docking points is just silly. Not that it matters a damn as we are going down anyway.
    This is an exact repeat of what happened to Sullivan/Brady/Gold at Birmingham. They have done the exact same thing at WHU as they did there and it will end the same way...with protests until they are gone. Parasites. Relegation and a fresh start next season would be good.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,860 ✭✭✭DeanAustin

Man City
    Big Sam has gotten teams to safety countless times. Hodgson is a glorified failure, if he was foreign he wouldnt get near a job in England

Seemed to have no problems getting national jobs around Europe (and being successful at them) and the Inter job twice. Wish I was that poor.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

Therefore Allardyce is a poor manager, considering each managers record?

Everton
    DeanAustin wrote: »
    Seemed to have no problems getting national jobs around Europe (and being successful at them) and the Inter job twice. Wish I was that poor.
    You do realize how Italy works with managers, maybe have a quick google. As for national jobs are you serious. Its not France/Germany he was leading
    Therefore Allardyce is a poor manager, considering each managers record?

Sure if you want to say so

• Advertisement

You do realize how Italy works with managers, maybe have a quick google. As for national jobs are you serious. Its not France/Germany he was leading

Sure if you want to say so

No :rolleyes: or :pac: are you ok?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,304 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,640 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

Ludo wrote: »
    This is an exact repeat of what happened to Sullivan/Brady/Gold at Birmingham. They have done the exact same thing at WHU as they did there and it will end the same way...with protests until they are gone. Parasites. Relegation and a fresh start next season would be good.

I'd have a certain fondness for the hammers after spending some time in that area many years ago, and attending the old Bolyn ground. Seeing their soul being ripped out by these shysters is extremely sad. Gangsters being handed a(now almost) free stadium by taxpayers., only spent twenty something million on players since the big move, lots of money being siphoned off by the owners.

Pretty OTT reporting of the protests though, a few headers on the pitch, not really an invasion. From what I've heard, the stadium is completely unsuitable for stewarding and segregation for soccer, with large concourses in the stadium. Add to that owners who look as if they are more interested in making a quick buck than anything else, anger will prevail.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,458 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

Wow, Vardy got some goal today!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

That was a disgusting challenge from Knockaert.

Baines was very, very lucky.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,640 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

Lost the head when he got hit in the face with the all by baines moments earlier, what a knockeart.

Red card too for Ayeu for Swansea. Both him and the Huddersfield player went in studs up, both should have been sent off or none.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,500 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

Disgraceful scenes at West Ham, would have loved if Noble clocked yer man

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,500 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

Behaving like a spoiled child this week again. Good to see Coleman give him a mouthful on the way off.

Ludo wrote: »
    Invasion? 5 or 6 guys in total during the match...more of a few incursions rather than an invasion.

There will be a fine no doubt but docking points is just silly. Not that it matters a damn as we are going down anyway.

Isn't this what Newcastle fans wanted a few years to get rid of Ashley? How did that turn out for them?

Everton
    Jesus that vardy goal was ridiculous

• Advertisement

• Everton

Stunning technique to take that first time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

pjohnson wrote: »
    Isn't this what Newcastle fans wanted a few years to get rid of Ashley? How did that turn out for them?

Yeah...bs I know. Just my way of tyring to put a good side to us getting relegated which we are going to be.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Absolutely, route one hoofball.

Loada shyte.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,595 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Liverpool

Reminds me of Van Persies 2 goals from over the shoulder. Amazing technique to take that on his bad foot

Liverpool
    Is there a Boycott going on from the Arsenal fans.. some amount of empty seats!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Everton
    astradave wrote: »

Yeah it was similar v City, I assumed it was because of the snow then. Definitely protesting now

Liverpool
    Unearthly wrote: »
    Yeah it was similar v City, I assumed it was because of the snow then. Definitely protesting now

There seemed to be more at the City game that’s what makes it more noticeable today.. you can see the cannon on the opposite side an all

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Just came in to ask this looks only half full

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Don't worry lands when the official attendance is announced it'll be a full house or close to it.

• Advertisement

Liverpool
    Turtwig wrote: »
    Don't worry lands when the official attendance is announced it'll be a full house or close to it.

And that’s all that the money takers care about.. the season tickets have already been sold so they don’t care.. when the renewals come around, that’s when we will see if the fans hold out..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Liverpool
    Just watching the West Ham stuff now.

The need to be fined heavily and have points deducted and hopefully by the end of the season they are relegated.

Liverpool
    Just watching the West Ham stuff now.

The need to be fined heavily and have points deducted and hopefully by the end of the season they are relegated.

I think they will be fine relegating themselves without the need for a points deduction.. they are proper imploding

Liverpool
    Terrible penalty by Deeney

• Everton
    Turtwig wrote: »

Exactly, until the season ticket holders stop renewing then it won't make ****e of a difference.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Liverpool
    I think they will be fine relegating themselves without the need for a points deduction.. they are proper imploding

Maybe but the bottom five right on all deserve to go down. Southampton being the only ones I'd like to see survive.

• Advertisement

Liverpool
    The arsenal fans giving out about the Watford player taking his time to make a throw, do they think they are losing?

Liverpool
    Maybe but the bottom five right on all deserve to go down. Southampton being the only ones I'd like to see survive.

I’m the same tbh, definitely want Pardew and West Ham gone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,388 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Liverpool

No, let them go down and we can buy their players cheaper.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,404 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

The arsenal fans giving out about the Watford player taking his time to make a throw, do they think they are losing?
    I don't believe it's the Arsenal fans you're hearing.

• Everton
    TitianGerm wrote: »
    No, let them go down and we can buy their players cheaper.

:D

• Advertisement
Advertisement