Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

General Premier League Thread - 2017/2018

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

RoboKlopp wrote: »
    Lovely win

Yep, in spite of the officiating too. The league really needs stronger refs who aren’t influenced by the crowd crying out for every decision.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,380 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Liverpool
    KDB by a mile.

I don't understand how you can say "by a mile". That's clearly not true. I wouldn't begrudge either if they win it because the two of them have been head and shoulders above everyone else in the league this season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Sakho with a great Phil Jones impression for Salah’s goal.

• Registered Users Posts: 678 ✭✭✭beya2009

KDB by a mile.

haha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,380 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Liverpool
    Turtyturd wrote: »
    Sakho with a great Phil Jones impression for Salah’s goal.

I just saw it on the replay. He was like Superman trying to dive on the ball.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,167 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Has to be Salah really imo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,404 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

TitianGerm wrote: »
    I don't understand how you can say "by a mile". That's clearly not true. I wouldn't begrudge either if they win it because the two of them have been head and shoulders above everyone else in the league this season.

It is for me. The distances he covers on the field, always making himself available and then setting up scores. Breaking up attacks and countering and the energy he shows is the best i've seen in a long time.
    Salah is a great goal scorer though but it's KDB every time for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,925 ✭✭✭pudzey101

Man Utd
    +1 KDB too ,

Pool and city haters will say other tho

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,167 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

pudzey101 wrote: »
    +1 KDB too ,

Thats a strange add on.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,250 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

KDB by a mile.

Given how astronomically good Salah has been this year, your comment is ridiculous in the extreme and only shows up your own hatred of anything Liverpool related.

Either player would be seen as deserving as both are phenomenal this year.

Coin toss in reality and neither city fans, pool fans or any one else that knows anything about soccer, could really say that either would not be worthy recipients this year.

Although I'm sure some will.

• Advertisement

I'm happy enough the KDB-1 anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,576 ✭✭✭deaddonkey15

Everton
    Souness claiming Mane's dive should have been a penalty. Ridiculous.

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    Given how astronomically good Salah has been this year, your comment is ridiculous in the extreme and only shows up your own hatred of anything Liverpool related.

Coin toss in reality and neither city fans, pool fans or any one else that knows anything about soccer, could really say that either would not be worthy recipients this year.

"Controversial" is hip man

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,250 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

RoboKlopp wrote: »
    "Controversial" is hip man

Kane it is then :)

I stated my opinion as i see it.
    Where is my hate of anything Liverpool related?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Yep, in spite of the officiating too. The league really needs stronger refs who aren’t influenced by the crowd crying out for every decision.
    Swarbrick was woeful. How Mane wasn't sent off is a mystery.

I stated my opinion as i see it.
    Where is my hate of anything Liverpool related?

Just stating my opinion as I see it.;)

Just stating my opinion as I see it.;)

Yeh but if Salah doesn't win it then it's because those that decide are showing their own hatred of anything Liverpool :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

Everton
    KDB by a mile.

"A mile"

Give over?

"A mile"

Give over?

Opinion.

• Advertisement

Everton
    +1 KDB too ,

I don't see any other strong suggestions by any fans, I don't get your point here??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Neutral here, don't support any club, kdb is easily ahead of Salah for me. Maybe not a mile in the literal vernacular but I consider the gap to be quite significant. It's quite a margin.

Everton
    Opinion.

just because it is an opinion, doesn't make it a pretty silly statement. I am not a Liverpool fan btw, if that is what you want to suggest)

Both players have had powerful seasons. If there is a mile between KDB and Salah, God knows what there is between KDB and the rest of the league

Turtwig wrote: »
    Neutral here, don't support any club, kdb is easily ahead of Salah for me. Maybe not a mile in the literal vernacular but I consider the gap to be quite significant. It's quite a margin.

" a mile" is a good distance. I didn't even say a "country mile" which is another expression and probably means a greater distance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,925 ✭✭✭pudzey101

Man Utd
    I don't see any other strong suggestions by any fans, I don't get your point here??

Pool fans are obviously going to say salah , and so are teams that are jealous/hateful of man city , any neutral supporter will say KDB , both are fantastic players and not much in it but in my honest opinion KDB edges it

KDB by a mile.
    I'm a City fan, and unashamedly biased. Therefore, in my opinion, Kev deserves the award. But he's not a mile ahead of Salah. There is a valid argument that either of them, in isolation, deserves the award. I fear that Salah may edge it though.

Everton
    " a mile" is a good distance. I didn't even say a "country mile" which is another expression and probably means a greater distance.

ha, you are rambling now!

just because it is an opinion, doesn't make it a pretty silly statement. I am not a Liverpool fan btw, if that is what you want to suggest)

Both players have had powerful seasons. If there is a mile between KDB and Salah, God knows what there is between KDB and the rest of the league

Exactly. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 678 ✭✭✭beya2009

Pool fans are obviously going to say salah , and so are teams that are jealous/hateful of man city , any neutral supporter will say KDB , both are fantastic players and not much in it but in my honest opinion KDB edges it

lol I'm not jealous or hateful of man city. Their having a great season but they should be...it's no surprise there considering the money they have spent. Their back line alone probably worth more than most of the EPL teams. They have spent a fortune in the last 5 years and winning the league again is nothing new.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,388 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Can't stand Liverpool but it's Salah all day long for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,637 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

Mark Hughes.... Will he be the first manager to get 2 teams relegated in the same season?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,610 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

I don't like either club so don't think my view can be biased and I'd go for Salah.

I think De Bruyne is probably the better player but Salah is having a better season. He's smashing goal records left and right so I can't see how you don't give it to him especially if he gets another 8-10 goals before the end of the season.

:D

Mark Hughes.... Will he be the first manager to get 2 teams relegated in the same season?

In the PL era quite possibly it's happened a few times in top flight although only one I can think of is Billy McNeill 1986? Managed Man City then switched through the campaign to Villa both plunged.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,862 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

In the PL era quite possibly it's happened a few times in top flight although only one I can think of is Billy McNeill 1986? Managed Man City then switched through the campaign to Villa both plunged.

Yeah I heard him mentioned as the only one on some radio show or podcast

• Advertisement

Great start this evening.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Dr bruyne...hopeless.
    Awful pass

Perhaps that's it possibly.

I know Owen Coyle Burnley late 00s, Left them in Jan where they went on to drop took the Bolton post and they dropped the following season :D

3-0 now. Keep them coming. We owe Everton for last season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Liverpool
    Ederson is itching to go on a run

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Liverpool
    Big Sam picks this of all games to go with his most attacking line up possible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Arsenal
    Mo Salah Mo salah running down the wing. Anyone that doesn't vote for him is a ginger sympathist that knows **** all about football.

Ederson is itching to go on a run
    That'd be hilarious. Actually, we need to get Dinho off now (he's on 9 bookings), so sub him for Bravo and stick Ederson in midfield!

;-)

With City coasting to victory this evening its rumoured Jose has been spotted eyeing up this bus for next weekend.

171a73e0b9951750c9522b26f13b4d42.jpg

Everton
    With City coasting to victory this evening its rumoured Jose has been spotted eyeing up this bus for next weekend.

171a73e0b9951750c9522b26f13b4d42.jpg

Original.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,276 ✭✭✭batistuta9

Heard that pod too. He can also become the first manager to win the fa cup having been knocked out it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Liverpool
    Football vs Anti-Football in Manchester next weekend.

Job done. On to Anfield in midweek and then a possible title clincher next sunday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,594 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Liverpool
    Everton showing Their neighbours exactly how to get at City here the last 20 mins, exploiting the space in behind the Fullbacks when they push up.. they were gack at the final ball though.

astradave wrote: »
    Everton showing Their neighbours exactly how to get at City here the last 20 mins, exploiting the space in behind the Fullbacks when they push up.. they were gack at the final ball though.
    It's hardly a secret, is it? If you have a go at us, and have the quality of player to do it properly (which Everton patently don't but Liverpool do), then you have a chance. The likes of Wolves (yes, really), Bristol City (moreso in the first leg), Palace, Burnley and Liverpool in that suicidal 15 minutes at Anfield just after HT prove that. If you sit back against us, we'll just grind you down.

• Advertisement
Advertisement