Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

General Premier League Thread - 2017/2018

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,862 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Michael Appleton now favourite for the job. Pretty lame messiah I'd say...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

De Bruyne voted for Salah for player of the year interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 678 ✭✭✭beya2009

So now we know KDB much better than Salah...he's on a different level lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,594 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Liverpool
    beya2009 wrote: »

He was poor tonight but one game doesn’t make a seasons worth of brilliant displays null and void.

That said Salah is POTY imo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Liverpool
    astradave wrote: »
    He was poor tonight but one game doesn’t make a seasons worth of brilliant displays null and void.

That said Salah is POTY imo

I still think it's KDB but your point stands and I wouldn't begrudge it to Salah. Really hope he's back soon!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Salah was cack against United recently. Players, even Ronaldo and Messi, are allowed bad games.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Liverpool

That's just silly its one game . It was a relatively poor game from KDB and city in an outstanding season.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,250 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

I've maintained there isn't much between them, but I would have Salah no doubt.

Tonight means nothing, KDB didn't play too well but over the season, he has been tremendous, just not as tremendous as Mo.

KDB looked lost tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,881 ✭✭✭✭klose

Dosent warrent it's own thread but has anyone seen the uproar on twitter from British journos over Di marzio breaking a news embargo for 10.30 tonight? Posted quotes from pep on guardiola/pogba/mkhitaryan and their agent raoila. British lads are in uproar and even your man Neil Curtis from thay rag publicly calling him a twat.
    Anyone any idea how journalist embargoes work? Are they legal or more of a code of honour?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,667 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

Everton
    klose wrote: »
    Dosent warrent it's own thread but has anyone seen the uproar on twitter from British journos over Di marzio breaking a news embargo for 10.30 tonight? Posted quotes from pep on guardiola/pogba/mkhitaryan and their agent raoila. British lads are in uproar and even your man Neil Curtis from thay rag publicly calling him a twat.
    Anyone any idea how journalist embargoes work? Are they legal or more of a code of honour?

It's laughable seeing him being called a disgrace to the industry when the rest of them write bull**** for a living.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭AidoEirE

Everton

Neil Curtis..how ironic with the absolute ****e that comes out of his mouth

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,024 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

As I understand it, it's more of a gentleman's agreement between the British journo's particularly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,637 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    As I understand it, it's more of a gentleman's agreement between the British journo's particularly.

Sun 'journalist', gentleman, ethics...... Not words normally together in the same sentence.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭AidoEirE

Everton
    The sun and others are absolute full on nonsense, and for one to jump online and call a tawt is pot meet kettle

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Berserker

Anyway else watching the merseyside derby? Atmosphere is terrible for a derby. Great chance for Everton for win this but they lack creativity. On a side note, Liverpool are a not a top four side without Salah.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Berserker wrote:
    On a side note, Liverpool are a not a top four side without Salah.

Yet somehow made the champions league without him last season

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

ERG89 wrote: »

They had coutinho then.

They don't have him now.

Had a player called Coutinho then. They sold him. How have Everton not scored today. What odds on Liverpool sneaking this 1-0!

• Advertisement

Berserker wrote:
    Had a player called Countinho then. They sold him.

Really, it's almost as if Liverpool knew Salah could replace him isn't It?
    Almost as if Salah replaced him. Hardly the same XI that will play City Tuesday either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

Hope our derby later on is more entertaining than this one.

Though I'd gladly take a drab 1-0 win right now!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,495 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Fairly poor match really. Liverpool not trying, Everton not good enough!

That'll do. No injuries by the looks of it.

Very poor game. Will be interesting to see what the Manchester derby is like because that was not a derby.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Berserker wrote: »
    Anyway else watching the merseyside derby? Atmosphere is terrible for a derby. Great chance for Everton for win this but they lack creativity. On a side note, Liverpool are a not a top four side without Salah.

What are you basing that on?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Arsenal
    Everton are rotten

AidoEirE wrote: »
    Neil Curtis..how ironic with the absolute ****e that comes out of his mouth

He’s pure vermin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,380 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Liverpool
    monkey9 wrote: »

That Liverpool couldn't beat Everton today.

Team are not as good without their top player shocker

That performance and the amount of points that he has won for you. I wanted to see how you would perform, in a big game, without him and we saw it today. You had Firmino & Mane, the other two out of that trio on the pitch today and you were half the team that you are with Salah in it.
    RoboKlopp wrote: »

I dunno, Spurs performed well without Kane. Son stepped up to the plate and got the job done.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,384 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

RoboKlopp wrote: »

And a raft of injuries. In a game sandwiched in between two Champions League quarter-final games within 6 days of each other.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Arsenal
    That performance and the amount of points that he has won for you. I wanted to see how you would perform, in a big game, without him and we saw it today. You had Firmino, Mane, the other two out of that trio on the pitch today and you were half the team that you are with Salah in it.

Oh give over ffs their was 5 or 6 changes to that Liverpool side and they still dominated Everton for most of the game :pac:

And a raft of injuries. In a game sandwiched in between two Champions League quarter-final games within 6 days of each other.

It's top analysis tbf

That performance and the amount of points that he has won for you. I wanted to see how you would perform, in a big game, without him and we saw it today. You had Firmino & Mane, the other two out of that trio on the pitch today and you were half the team that you are with Salah in it.

Would you stop, there was nothing to be read into that game. It was one of the most underwhelming Derbies for years and that was just in the pre-match. To come to the conclusion that Liverpool are not a top four side without Salah based on that game today is nonsense

Would you stop, there was nothing to be read into that game. It was one of the most underwhelming Derbies for years and that was just in the pre-match. To come to the conclusion that Liverpool are not a top four side without Salah based on that game today is nonsense

Fair enough but I've called it. I can see what's going to happen with this side.

Berserker wrote:
    Fair enough but I've called it. I can see what's going to happen with this side.

What is going to happen?
    You seem to act like it was the first XI bar Salah. When everyone bar you can see it was a team with their mind on Tuesday

What, if we lose Salah? We’ll spend money on someone else. Anyway, if that’s your opinion, grand. But I really wouldn’t read anything into that game today or take too much from it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,384 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

What, if we lose Salah? We’ll spend money on someone else. Anyway, if that’s your opinion, grand. But I really wouldn’t read anything into that game today or take too much from it.

Probably said more about Everton than Liverpool to be honest. At home to a Liverpool side with half a reserve side out and the other half all minding themselves for Tuesday. Never get a better chance to win the derby.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Liverpool
    How did BT who have the rights to the 5:30pm game on a Saturday lose today's game to Sky?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,713 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Liverpool
    How did BT who have the rights to the 5:30pm game on a Saturday lose today's game to Sky?

Was supposed to be on Sunday but changed for CL 2nd leg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,030 ✭✭✭Minderbinder

Spurs need to buy a goalkeeper.

Loris at at fault again today? He's gone downhill a lot this season alright.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,634 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Man City
    What is going to happen?
    You seem to act like it was the first XI bar Salah. When everyone bar you can see it was a team with their mind on Tuesday

No one gave a **** about that game
    Not Liverpool not Everton
    Sky hype it up but it was a dead rubber gane

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Liverpool

I dunno, Spurs performed well without Kane. Son stepped up to the plate and got the job done.

Firmino came on for mane. So only 1 of the front 3 was on the pitch at any stage.

lol Christ...looks like a weakened man city team gonna give man u a good pasting. To be fair to man u...I think they have had a go. 2nd goal was unreal.

Will be interesting to see how the big man u players handle adversity...players like sanchez and pogba especially even though their not in the best of form in last few games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,634 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Man City
    Sterling missed badly there but it could be 3-0. Will give them hope for Tuesday!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,250 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Very poor game. Will be interesting to see what the Manchester derby is like because that was not a derby.

Is this one any better?
    I'm enjoying it, will be interesting to see if Utd actually play in the second half.
    They are being made look like a championship side, a poor one at that.
    I hope they do or get absolutely stuffed.

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    Is this one any better?
    I'm enjoying it, will be interesting to see if Utd actually play in the second half.
    They are being made look like a championship side, a poor one at that.
    I hope they do or get absolutely stuffed.

2 goals in 2 minutes.... game on now. Puts it up to City at least, make them work form their win.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,860 ✭✭✭DeanAustin

Man City

Don’t buy that. Lloris is having a bad season but I wouldn’t abandon him. Proved his worth over 4-5 seasons and is still young enough for a keeper.

Amazing how football fans bemoan the lack of player loyalty but after a few bad games have no problem saying “x needs to be dropped/sold”.

Advertisement