Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

General Premier League Thread - 2017/2018

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Just realised that with 18 points to play for and only 13 points of a gap City can yet blow this!

Just realised that with 18 points to play for and only 13 points of a gap City can yet blow this!

Part of me wants them to blow it.

More of me doesn't want Utd to win it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

We need 6 points (realistically, 5 with the far superior GD). Our (on paper) toughest remaining game is this weekend at Wembley. After that, we have Swansea (H), West Ham (A), Huddersfield and Brighton (both H) before we finish with a trip to Southampton on the last day. I'd be ever so slightly disappointed if we couldn't harvest 5 or 6 points from those fixtures.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Liverpool
    Unbelievable season by city . What has happened over the past week doesn't tarnish in anyway how good they have been. They could still go through tomorrow but if they don't I'm sure people will be falling all over themselves to have a go at Pep.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Even Sky wouldn't push the narrative of City blowing their lead. More of a chance of West Brom surviving with games to spare.

With 6 games to go City can still hit 100 points without winning all 6. I dunno if they'll hit 100 but they should go close. If they somehow go 1-1-4 to the end of the season and United end up winning their last 11 it'll be quite the exciting end to a season. :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,966 ✭✭✭Liamalone

Arsenal
    Chances of City shoiting the togs. Zilch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,030 ✭✭✭Minderbinder

ERG89 wrote: »
    Even Sky wouldn't push the narrative of City blowing their lead. More of a chance of West Brom surviving with games to spare.

Even City lose their toughest remaining game next weekend you can guarantee there’ll be talk of a title race, even though there is zero chance of them blowing it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,090 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

City are going to win it, it's inevitable.

The way I would like them to win it is by dropping as many points as possible so that there is a chance United can win it on the last day. The City score a late 90th min goal, just to see the faces of United fans & players like that ones we saw away to Sunderland a few years ago!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,922 ✭✭✭suffering golfer

Liverpool
    FitzShane wrote: »

The way I would like them to win it is by dropping as many points as possible so that there is a chance United can win it on the last day. The City score a late 90th min goal, just to see the faces of United fans & players like that ones we saw away to Sunderland a few years ago!!

No thanks, my heart couldn't stand that. That game while was fantastic, was painful to go through. Worth it as a once off though. Don't think it will ever happen like that again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

No thanks, my heart couldn't stand that. That game while was fantastic, was painful to go through. Worth it as a once off though. Don't think it will ever happen like that again.
    Think we'll win it at London/Olympic Stadium. Lose next saturday at Spurs, then beat Swansea (H) and then the West Ham game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Liverpool
    Over to Spurs now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,610 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

If United were in with a shout of the title on the final day of the season considering the 2 positions the clubs are in now you won't see anything like what you want to see.

In fact after the initial disappointment, it would be an incredibly positive end to the season and base to go off for next season.

As it stands there's zero chance of a challenge so why would anyone be devastated to lose it? Most United fans have accepted it months ago.

City will win it either against Swansea or West Ham or if they really slip up then they'll win it against Huddersfield. There's no hope of it going any further than that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,090 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Harry Kane has been awarded the goal. Embarrassing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

just thinking the same thing, there'll be a question mark behind his name, not just this season but forever.
    anyway was going to post this in the Liverpool thread 'cos harry kane (no caps)and us are the only ones that care. Mo Salah doesn't give a ship (typo)

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,814 ✭✭✭irishman86

Everton

Legend
    Hes like the fat kid in school who claimed the winner cause it hit him in the back on the way in

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

https://twitter.com/22mosalah/status/984102734117920768

sums it up really. Bizarre decision but of course the PL want the new golden boy of English football to win the Golden Shoe

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Not as much as swearing on his daughters life, for one more goal towards a potential golden boot that was pathetic

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,862 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

ERG89 wrote: »
    for one more goal towards a potential golden boot that was pathetic

Surprised he's that bothered about it...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,896 ✭✭✭sabat

It's not impossible that he could have a £500k+ bonus for a golden boot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,594 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Liverpool
    I know it missed his head by about 4 inches or so but did it hit him anywhere else on the way down? Shoulder or anything? The angles I’ve seen don’t really show that.. just asking by the way, I still don’t believe he touched it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,378 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Liverpool
    astradave wrote: »
    I know it missed his head by about 4 inches or so but did it hit him anywhere else on the way down? Shoulder or anything? The angles I’ve seen don’t really show that.. just asking by the way, I still don’t believe he touched it

He said it touched his shoulder. If it did it must been the faintest glance ever.

Kane is going to get mocked mercilessly at away grounds for the rest of the season. Someone needs to come up with a chant about keeping his daughter alive. Poor taste? So be it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,480 ✭✭✭rwbug

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,932 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Liverpool
    I just can't see it

giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Liverpool
    Maybe the thing he felt on his shoulder was the defenders hand

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

Have to laugh at the reaction in here to him getting the goal. If the man said he touched it he touched it and therefore is his goal. If he did not touch it he would not be claiming it.

Liverpool
    KingdomYid wrote: »
    Have to laugh at the reaction in here to him getting the goal. If the man said he touched it he touched it and therefore is his goal. If he did not touch it he would not be claiming it.

If I say I'm the king of Ireland I guess I'm the King then according to your logic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,384 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Knew the minute he appealed that Kane would be given that goal despite there being zero evidence he actually touched the ball. No way were they going to turn down England's star striker.

Maybe the thing he felt on his shoulder was the defenders hand

He felt the hand of history maybe.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,250 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

If he said he's your father, I guess he must be.

Good logic fella.

TitianGerm wrote: »
    If I say I'm the king of Ireland I guess I'm the King then according to your logic.

In this case only he knows if he got the slightest touch or not, no way would he go to all this trouble if he was making it up. That is my logic.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,250 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

In this case only he knows if he got the slightest touch or not, no way would he go to all this trouble if he was making it up. That is my logic.

Apart from the video showing him not touching the ball, but you stick with your logic.

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    Apart from the video showing him not touching the ball, but you stick with your logic.

I will believe Harry Kane thank you.

Liverpool
    http://memegenerator.net/instance/81649382#.Ws5RedQVNzo.link

Anyone able to photoshop Kanes head in and a ball into his hand?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,594 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Liverpool
    I can see the touch in that vid.(the bit you deleted)I will believe Harry Kane thank you.

giphy.gif

Well.... apparently your eyes can see the glory of the cups at White Hart lane, so you might aswell say you saw Harry score that goal, why not :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Liverpool
    In your "unbiased" opinion I'm sure...

KERSPLAT! wrote: »
    In your "unbiased" opinion I'm sure...

Totally biased of course, to be expected surely.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,113 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

Liverpool
    I just can't see it

giphy.gif

Is there a better video , I was certain he never touched it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Liverpool

Who would you believe? Harry Kane or your own lying eyes?:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 607 ✭✭✭Pete Moss

Lads, he swore on his daughter's life. Now, I'm sure you all remember playground rules in Heads 'n Vollies, World Cup (singles and doubles) and a general Jumpers For Goalposts match, when you swear on a family members life that you touched the ball last, then you are always telling the truth (provided your fingers are not crossed of course).

Does it matter anyway? Not really

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,113 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

Liverpool
    RoboKlopp wrote: »

Yea it does,have you ever seen a player basically beg for a goal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

In the sense that it's a bit pathetic and entirely hilarious, yes. Yes it does :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,288 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

I say there will be a very high chance Salah will be sitting out a few remaining league games for the CL semi final games

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

How quickly are goal bonuses paid? Does Eriksen have to write him a cheque or what :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,030 ✭✭✭Minderbinder

How quickly are goal bonuses paid? Does Eriksen have to write him a cheque or what :)

Eriksen is probably on a higher assist bonus than goal bonus.

I haven’t seen a video that’s conclusive one way or the other, so if that’s the case, and with Eriksen’s approval they have to give it to Kane.

They could do with hot spot or some of that other cricket technology

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,166 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

I suppose Dele never dives either. He says he is fouled so he must have been fouled

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,216 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

The over reaction to this hilarious, especially from Liverpool fans. Since the 2-2 draw, the amount of **** posting against Spurs from that quarter is just insane. I've a few Liverpool friends who just won't shut up about any and every little decision that goes Spurs way. It's like they pay more attention to Spurs games than they do their own.

As for the goal, it doesn't look like he got a touch, but the people whose job it is to review these decisions awarded it to him, so it's his goal.

• Advertisement
Advertisement