Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

General Premier League Thread - 2017/2018

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

tbh we're the only ones talking about it. it's no big deal in my opinion Kane just comes across as really pathetic, swearing on his kid's life and all

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,216 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I agree, it was a stupid thing to say, whether or not he got the touch. I get he's determined to win the golden boot again, but christ...steady on Harry.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Liverpool
    I'm assuming Kane wants that goal so he can push on and win a 3rd golden boot in a row and to match his Arsenal hero, Thierry Henrys achievement.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Arsenal
    A shocking pr move from Kane and the ridicule he has received is deserved imo.

The mask seems to have slipped for englands golden boy and everyday hero to reveal a self-centred ego maniac by the looks of things.

Liverpool
    Ah I think as footballers go, Kane is pretty grounded IMO.

I know I've given him stick in the my last post but he doesnt seem to have fallen into the trapping of being your typical young English footballer plastered all over social media and the likes.

Hes worked hard on various loans and hes the best #9 in the country and one of the top 5 in world.

That being said, I think it did look a bit petty appealing for the goal. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

Kiith wrote: »
    The over reaction to this hilarious, especially from Liverpool fans. Since the 2-2 draw, the amount of **** posting against Spurs from that quarter is just insane. I've a few Liverpool friends who just won't shut up about any and every little decision that goes Spurs way. It's like they pay more attention to Spurs games than they do their own.

As for the goal, it doesn't look like he got a touch, but the people whose job it is to review these decisions awarded it to him, so it's his goal.

Couldn't agree more, some serious chips on shoulders regards Spurs from Liverpool fans. I'm baffled by it.

Regards Kane claiming the goal, so fcking what? It's been blown way out of proportion all the gifs and memes and even poems by eejits on boards stopped being funny a long long time ago, actually they were never funny!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

Couldn't agree more, some serious chips on shoulders regards Spurs from Liverpool fans. I'm baffled by it.

Regards Kane claiming the goal, so fcking what? It's been blown way out of proportion all the gifs and memes and even poems by eejits on boards stopped being funny a long long time ago, actually they were never funny!

Agreed. Liverpool fans are jumping on any little thing to attack and ridicule Spurs these days, I never had a dislike to them personally but now I am rooting for whoever they draw in the Champions League semi final.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Liverpool

Kane made it an issue with his "I swear on my child's life" comments. He needs to get a grip

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,288 ✭✭✭mickmackey1

Your failure to grasp irony is hilarious :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

KingdomYid wrote: »
    Agreed. Liverpool fans are jumping on any little thing to attack and ridicule Spurs these days, I never had a dislike to them personally but now I am rooting for whoever they draw in the Champions League semi final.

Yea that's fair enough, I'm not surprised that you'll hope Liverpool will lose.
    KERSPLAT! wrote: »
    Kane made it an issue with his "I swear on my child's life" comments. He needs to get a grip

Meh, it's a thing people say! I doubt he's saying it if he didn't get the touch though.
    Your failure to grasp irony is hilarious :D

Crack an egg of knowledge on me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

KingdomYid wrote:

I'm sure everyone on here who isn't a Liverpool fan won't be supporting them either.....but were when we played City as many are clearly jealous of the season they were having up to 2 weeks ago.
    I'm personally taking the piss of Kane cause it's beyond pathetic to appeal a goal being awarded to a teammate & swearing on your childs life is embarrassing; I couldn't see Ronaldo or Messi doing that as vain as they are.
    Don't care if Salah doesn't get the golden boot or poty cause (a) the award ceremonies are a load of self indulgent sh*te & (b) I'd rather the teams I support wins something than the individuals. I don't keep memories of Suarez being awarded it as much as I did seeing him perform that season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,384 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

I'm all for strikers being selfish on the pitch (within reason) but selfish on the pitch trying to score goals not trying to take goals away from teammates in an office a week after the event. Especially when there is literally zero evidence apart from your own word to go on. It's not a good look for anyone.

ERG89 wrote: »
    I'm sure everyone on here who isn't a Liverpool fan won't be supporting them either.....but were when we played City as many are clearly jealous of the season they were having up to 2 weeks ago.
    I'm personally taking the piss of Kane cause it's beyond pathetic to appeal a goal being awarded to a teammate & swearing on your childs life is embarrassing; I couldn't see Ronaldo or Messi doing that as vain as they are.
    Don't care if Salah doesn't get the golden boot or poty cause (a) the award ceremonies are a load of self indulgent sh*te & (b) I'd rather the teams I support wins something than the individuals. I don't keep memories of Suarez being awarded it as much as I did seeing him perform that season.

How is it pathetic if he justifiably feels he touched the ball?? I believe Kane is a genuinely good guy and would not have done all this if he knew he did not touch the ball. The swearing on my child's life bit is just a figure of speech that a lot of people use. Anyway the goal is his now and I await the next stick Liverpool fans will use to beat us with, but that's life.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,288 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

How is it pathetic if he justifiably feels he touched the ball?? I believe Kane is a genuinely good guy and would not have done all this if he knew he did not touch the ball. The swearing on my child's life bit is just a figure of speech that a lot of people use. Anyway the goal is his now and I await the next stick Liverpool fans will use to beat us with, but that's life.

Ahh blame Liverpool fans but it is most fans around England commenting on it, and even other players but it is mostly those bad Liverpool fans they are the worst in the world :)

Ahh blame Liverpool fans but it is most fans around England commenting on it, and even other players but it is mostly those bad Liverpool fans they are the worst in the world :)

If the shoe fits.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,080 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

Liverpool
    Not a Liverpool fan, far from it, but it is laughable from Kane to appeal that. Even more laughable his appeal was successful.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

KingdomYid wrote:

His teammate scored that's what's pathetic, if it was an og by all means appeal it if it's obvious.
    If you really think Liverpool fans are focusing on Kane or Spurs now just a couple of days after making their first CL semi final in over a decade & are the ones laughing most at Kane you must not use the internet much as everyone is joking about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,288 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

If the shoe fits.

So even though every other team fans and players both playing and ex are talking about it you are showing your bitterness towards Liverpool by only blaming them

So even though every other team fans and players both playing and ex are talking about it you are showing your bitterness towards Liverpool by only blaming them

You got it in one and that bitterness and disdain towards said fans is growing by the week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,403 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Have to laugh at the reaction in here to him getting the goal. If the man said he touched it he touched it and therefore is his goal. If he did not touch it he would not be claiming it.

Footballers, honest lot.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,250 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

You got it in one and that bitterness and disdain towards said fans is growing by the week.

...and I hope it continues.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,706 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

WOW...
    first time in here ... I hate it already.
    Not surprised with the Anti-Spurs hate tho.
    From supporters of clubs that used to be great, and from supporters of clubs with great finances. Jaysus wait til our new stadium is opened, yee will really detest us then !!! COYS

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

Liverpool
    greenspurs wrote: »
    WOW...
    From supporters of clubs that used to be great, and from supporters of clubs with great finances. Jaysus wait til our new stadium is opened, yee will really detest us then !!! COYS

I like Spurs in general but in this case Kane comes across as petulant.

Liverpool
    Kane already has the prestigious "goals in a calender year award", which is surely better than any actual silverware or winners medals.

Kane already has the prestigious "goals in a calender year award", which is surely better than any actual silverware or winners medals.

Do you think? or is that (fairly poor) sarcasm ?
    And that is another stat dreamt up by some stattos for nerds that like that kinda stuff . .
    Grasping at straws to hit anyone associated with Tottenham with ?
    (Liverpool supporter ?)

• Advertisement

Liverpool
    Do you think? or is that (fairly poor) sarcasm ?
    And that is another stat dreamt up by some stattos for nerds that like that kinda stuff . .
    Grasping at straws to hit anyone associated with Tottenham with ?
    (Liverpool supporter ?)

Kane is the one driving this, not Spurs, it would makes no difference what team he played for. I'd prefer he won the golden boot over Salah because he's English and I'd like him to do well at the World Cup, but the appeal is childish and the authorities awarding him the goal, a joke.

Kane is the one driving this, not Spurs, it would makes no difference what team he played for. I'd prefer he won the golden boot over Salah because he's English and I'd like him to do well at the World Cup, but the appeal is childish and the authorities awarding him the goal, a joke.

So , Kane is driving the "most goals in a calender year"? Or have you switched topics ?
    So its Anti-Kane then ? Not just anti-Spurs ?

Jeez , I only arrived today and yee already have me mixed up ! :rolleyes:

Liverpool
    So , Kane is driving the "most goals in a calender year"? Or have you switched topics ?

:pac:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,250 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

WOW...

Wow..... posters commenting on the petulance of a player is somehow transformed into Anti spurs. It really is your first time in here.

Spurs don't really bother me. But what Kane did was ridiculous and small time in effect. He has an extra goal to his name but a serious amount of comedy gold is now be applied to him and rightly so. He is seen a different light, a desperate grab a goal at all costs kind of player.
    He deserves 'attention he is getting, that's not anti spurs though.

Liverpool

I'd say that's more down to yourself than anyone else :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Liverpool
    "If you look really closely Your Grace you will see Harry Kane clearly got a touch."

father-ted-s2e6-20090618194200_625x352.jpg?quality=85&mode=crop&width=580&height=327&404=tv

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,166 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

From what I can tell it appears to be only spurs fans claiming its an anti spurs thing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,610 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

Spurs are as inoffensive as it gets. They never win anything so why would other fans even care?

It appears that the Kane story has become a really big deal.

I always like strikers who are 1. excellent and 2. greedy. You wouldn't have seen Alan Shearer saying "no YOU have it"...

KERSPLAT! wrote: »
    I'd say that's more down to yourself than anyone else :D

Do yaa think ? How so ?
    pjohnson wrote: »
    From what I can tell it appears to be only spurs fans claiming its an anti spurs thing.

Yeh cos, the fans from other clubs using the Kane-gate incident to bash Kane and Spurs would admit, its a Spurs thing?
    I suppose the Pool supporters are afraid we will take their "Always the Victims" status ?

Spurs are as inoffensive as it gets. They never win anything so why would other fans even care?

But thanks for thinking about them, and taking the time to post about how you don't care .....

:rolleyes:

Liverpool
    It appears that the Kane story has become a really big deal.

I always like strikers who are 1. excellent and 2. greedy. You wouldn't have seen Alan Shearer saying "no YOU have it"...

I too like excellent strikers, inept ones not so much. Greed also is fine, but when did Shearer go to an appeals panel, long after the game had finished, to claim a goal scored by his team-mate?

I too like excellent strikers, inept ones not so much. Greed also is fine, but when did Shearer go to an appeals panel, long after the game had finished, to claim a goal scored by his team-mate?

There is a difference between "you wouldn't have" and "you didn't"...

Spurs to bottle something and do a Spurs.

and how is that bet going for yaa ?? :rolleyes:

And you support ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Jesus lads. Can we drop this boring ****e?

I mean, can we not talk about all the important stuff still to be settled in the league this season?

Like, eh... the battle for 9th. Or how Everton's "crisis season" sees them comfortable in the top half of the league?

Oh **** it, back to Kane v Salah so.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,610 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

But thanks for thinking about them, and taking the time to post about how you don't care .....

:rolleyes:

Just joining in on the conversation :D

Liverpool have short memories !!
    April 22 2016 - Liverpool 4-0 Everton.

"Of course I've told him. He would claim it is his but it touched me so it is my goal," said Sturridge of Liverpool's final goal of the night.
    "If it touches you you claim it, wherever it touches you - eyelash, wherever. It did actually touch me."

Daniel Sturridge after trying to take Coutinhno's goal...
    Discuss ..... :)

Liverpool
    Do Pool or spurs fans really care who wins the PL golden boot?

Its like two bald lads fighting over a comb.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,358 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Kane and Spurs deserve every bit of stick they're getting for this nonsense. it's a waste of everyone's time to appeal a goalscorer. i mean, fúck me. it's really not that important.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

GavRedKing wrote: »

not really no but you can get unrealistically outraged when one of your rivals does something stupid. it's a nice distraction to kill the time until the draw.

GavRedKing wrote: »

This!

Given the option, I'd be happy enough to see Klopp rest Salah for the league games since we have a Champions League semi final coming up, totally disregarding the golden boot.

Only issue I'd have is our lack of back up so he'd probably need to use one of the plastic yellow training cones on the wing.

All that said, I can totally see why the players themselves are bothered but it doesn't exactly matter beyond that... :confused:

Liverpool
    Top 4 is wrapped up for both Spurs and Pool as it stands.

Pool could easily rest a few players for the CL and it wouldnt hurt their league position.

This!

Given the option, I'd be happy enough to see Klopp rest Salah for the league games since we have a Champions League final coming up, totally disregarding the golden boot.

Only issue I'd have is our lack of back up so he'd probably need to use one of the plastic yellow training cones on the wing.

All that said, I can totally see why the players themselves are bothered but it doesn't exactly matter beyond that... :confused:

Are you that confident ??? :confused:

Are you that confident ??? :confused:

Whoops. :p:o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,289 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Kane can have his Golden Boot, Salah will rest for the PL and will have a champions league medal instead.

Advertisement