Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

General Premier League Thread - 2017/2018

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,814 ✭✭✭irishman86

Everton
    Interesting stuff about Huddersfield and hardly a progressive move - they are winding their academy down to a minimum level. Seems very short-sighted on the face of it.

While i agree, have they produced anyone of note:confused:
    Alex Smithies with QPR is the only one i can think of

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

City, United and Chelsea next up for Palace. :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,160 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Paully D wrote: »
    City, United and Chelsea next up for Palace. :eek:

When ya see what De Boer achieved against Huddersfield, Liverpool, Swansea and Burnley is it any wonder they wanted a manager to solidify them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

It only takes one or two to make it worthwhile - Liverpool have turned the Academy into a handy money earner in recent years and look set to unleash Ben Woodburn, TAA and a couple of others on the world. The running cost of a level 1 academy is about £5m. Any club in the PL can afford that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

Everton
    Scummy dive. Hopefully he's banned retrospectively for that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,378 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Liverpool
    Jayop wrote: »
    Scummy dive. Hopefully he's banned retrospectively for that.

Which game?

Everton
    emmetkenny wrote: »
    Which game?

Your game and Salah.

Liverpool
    Your game and Salah.

Ah didn't see it as I'm only in the door and switching on. I'm sure I'll see it at half time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,925 ✭✭✭pudzey101

Man Utd
    Have they brought in the banning rule for diving yet ?

Everton
    emmetkenny wrote: »
    Ah didn't see it as I'm only in the door and switching on. I'm sure I'll see it at half time.

He moved the ball well in the box and then just threw himself to the ground. How he wasn't booked is beyond me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,966 ✭✭✭Liamalone

Arsenal
    Mignolet going walkabout

Everton
    Great finish against the runoff play.

Everton
    Aguero scores a free header from a free kick.

Everton
    And the diver makes it all square for Liverpool.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,926 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Liverpool
    That's Liverpool typical sh1t at the back amazing in attack.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,966 ✭✭✭Liamalone

Arsenal
    Salah equalises with a good finish

Liverpool
    Liamalone wrote: »
    Mignolet going walkabout

My stream must be behind because they just scored.

Wouldn't blame Ming there, two CB went for the one ball and the scorer was free running into the space with a very good finish in the bottom corner.

Edit: 1-1

Everton
    That's Liverpool typical sh1t at the back amazing in attack.

Long ball

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Liverpool
    Your game and Salah.

It wasn't a dive.

It possibly wasn't a penalty, but there was plenty of contact after he turned him.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

sligeach wrote: »
    Will Hodgson get the sack if Crystal Palace lose the next 4 games? Probably not but at least you could say they were consistent if they did. It's ridiculous what happened with De Boer. Such stupidity deserves punishment.
    They will be punished every single game.

They have Hodgson as manager.

Won't someone think of the Palace fans?:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,495 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Liverpool
    And the diver makes it all square for Liverpool.

200_s.gif

Couldn't resist. :D

Everton
    Gbear wrote: »
    It wasn't a dive.

It possibly wasn't a penalty, but there was plenty of contact after he turned him.

Absolute rubbish. He threw himself like he'd been shot. Clear dive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,926 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Liverpool
    Long ball

That was in no way a hit and hope long ball.

That was a long direct pass into the danger area to your best attacking player.

Everton
    That was in no way a hit and hope long ball.

That was a long direct pass into the danger area to your best attacking player.

I know. But the same type of ball is routinely called a long ball hoof when playing against Liverpool.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Everton
    Watford being treated like a fish in Oz

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭Burial.

Liverpool
    Two offside goals for City and Aguero/Jesus partnership working well. Media are raging.

Everton
    Klopp never stops crying does he.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Liverpool
    Absolute rubbish. He threw himself like he'd been shot. Clear dive.

Nah.

You should maybe take note of how watching Liverpool is apparently making you froth at the mouth as evidence that you're not viewing things with a balanced point view.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,922 ✭✭✭suffering golfer

Liverpool
    Burial. wrote: »
    Two offside goals for City and Aguero/Jesus partnership working well. Media are raging.

Bitter much.

Everton
    Gbear wrote: »
    Nah.

You should maybe take note of how watching Liverpool is apparently making you froth at the mouth as evidence that you're not viewing things with a balanced point view.

Haha hardly frothing at the mouth pointing out a clear dive that involves a Liverpool player so of course the fans that defend the indefensible will say was nothing. Quite enjoying the game so far actually.

• Advertisement

Liverpool
    Burial. wrote: »

The last one could have been called off but didn't look like either of the first two were offside.

Liverpool
    Klopp never stops crying does he.

Is irony genuinely lost on you or is that just your shtick?

Everton
    martyos121 wrote: »
    Is irony genuinely lost on you or is that just your shtick?

What? Honestly he never stops going on at the 4th official. More than any other current manager in the league.

• Everton
    Regardless of how the result goes today honestly between the awful defending / defenders, no plan B and CL football to deal with, Liverpool will struggle this season.

The press game week in week out is fine if you are only dealing with a game a week.

Players will burn out and ultimately Klopp will be to blame.

And when you continue to leak goals like the one Burnley scored (dreadful defending from Klaven) the finger again should be pointed at Klopp for training regime and simply for not bolstering the weakest area of the team in the last window.

Liverpool
    What? Honestly he never stops going on at the 4th official. More than any other current manager in the league.

I meant do you not realise how much of what you post about him and our team could be easily interpreted as "crying" or "moaning" yet you pick on Klopp for the same thing? It's not a big deal to me, but just something that's blatantly obliviously that could do with being pointed out. You're well able to keep up an interesting conversation or debate here, there's no need for the rest of this carry on tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,160 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Why is there no match thread for this crap bitter bitter back and forth point scoring?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

Everton
    Huddersfield, eh..............

and then they give away a penalty!

Their fans must be in great form, all the same this last month

Everton
    martyos121 wrote: »
    I meant do you not realise how much of what you post about him and our team could be easily interpreted as "crying" or "moaning" yet you pick on Klopp for the same thing? It's not a big deal to me, but just something that's blatantly obliviously that could do with being pointed out. You're well able to keep up an interesting conversation or debate here, there's no need for the rest of this carry on tbh.

Just calling it like I see it. I also said I'm enjoying the game. There's been some very nice attacking play and both goals were really well taken. Salah's first touch was outstanding. Liverpool aside I do have a soft sport for Burnley anyway. Dyche is my favorite non united manager in the league and they've a solid Irish contingent so I'm going to be even more one eyed on this occasion.

• Everton
    Huddersfield, eh..............

Yep, Doing well

Everton
    pjohnson wrote: »
    Why is there no match thread for this crap bitter bitter back and forth point scoring?

It's really not from me anyway. A few lads can't take any criticism of their players or manager without getting butt hurt about it.

Great pen by Vardy

• Advertisement

Everton
    Liverpool really do manage to get their players in so much space despite playing against a packed defense.

Liverpool
    Liverpool really do manage to get their players in so much space despite playing against a packed defense.

Having two players on the pitch in Sturridge and Coutinho refusing to pick them out in favour of a difficult shot at goal most of the time totally negates that advantage too. The former probably reckons he has a point to prove though, with Sturridge that's just his nature.

Everton
    Lucky that fell to the defender.

Everton
    Nice finish by Shaquiri

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭Burial.

Liverpool
    Bitter much.

Nope not me, but the media will be. City doing well isn't following the script, especially Aguero/Jesus partnership and John Stones. Any neutral couldn't but love City, amazing to watch and playing the game so naturally.

Everton
    Sturridge really is very meh
    I imagine in a team like Burnley hed get a decent shot of goals, but at Liverpool he always looks a level below the other front 3

Everton
    Dam you Newcastle

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Berserker

irishman86 wrote: »
    Sturridge really is very meh
    I imagine in a team like Burnley hed get a decent shot of goals, but at Liverpool he always looks a level below the other front 3

Best natural finisher that they have. Liverpool were mad not to sell Coutinho for 100m. Good for the odd worldy but never a 100m player.

Everton
    This Burley CB has been excellent.

• Advertisement

Everton
    Berserker wrote: »
    Best natural finisher that they have. Liverpool were mad not to sell Coutinho for 100m. Good for the odd worldy but never a 100m player.

Salah looks a better finisher now in the little I've seen from him.

Advertisement