Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

General Premier League Thread - 2017/2018

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,030 ✭✭✭Minderbinder

Lucas Hood wrote: »
    Benteke picked up a suspected knee ligament injury today.

Dont think Palace have any other fit strikers.

Don't know how they'll replace all those goals.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Don't know how they'll replace all those goals.

Could be what Palace need. Benteke has been ****e for months.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,480 ✭✭✭rwbug

United fans continue with the Lukaku chant. WTF are they thinking - associating themselves and their club with racism. The club told them they wanted it stopped, Lukau told them to stop and it has been well explained how it is racist. They need to stop it immediately.

https://twitter.com/ManUtd/status/911652141160419328

United statement on supporters' chant

Manchester United issued the following statement on Saturday evening, after a chant about Romelu Lukaku was heard in the crowd during the Reds' 1-0 Premier League win at Southampton...

Manchester United has a zero-tolerance stance on offensive chanting and behaviour.

The club and player have been clear in asking for an end to the chant.

The club has worked with relevant bodies and supporters groups in trying to eradicate any offensive behaviour and will take further action against individuals if this continues.

The club is in discussion with the police and has asked for CCTV footage from Southampton and will try to identify those who disrespected the player's wishes not to sing the song.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,071 ✭✭✭user2011

rwbug wrote: »
    United fans continue with the Lukaku chant. WTF are they thinking - associating themselves and their club with racism. The club told them they wanted it stopped, Lukau told them to stop and it has been well explained how it is racist. They need to stop it immediately.

https://twitter.com/ManUtd/status/911652141160419328

United statement on supporters' chant

Manchester United issued the following statement on Saturday evening, after a chant about Romelu Lukaku was heard in the crowd during the Reds' 1-0 Premier League win at Southampton...

Manchester United has a zero-tolerance stance on offensive chanting and behaviour.

The club and player have been clear in asking for an end to the chant.

The club has worked with relevant bodies and supporters groups in trying to eradicate any offensive behaviour and will take further action against individuals if this continues.

The club is in discussion with the police and has asked for CCTV footage from Southampton and will try to identify those who disrespected the player's wishes not to sing the song.

Not because it's racist, the player asked for it to stop.

user2011 wrote: »
    Not because it's racist, the player asked for it to stop.

Are you saying the chant isn't racist? Because it clearly is. It has no place in the game. It is making the BBC sport headlines, drawing unwanted attention on football and particularly Man United.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,593 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Liverpool
    Lucas Hood wrote: »
    Retrospective ban coming for Simon Francis after that elbow on Rooney I'd say.

Horrible by Francis..

https://twitter.com/chrisandeez2/status/911607783749013505

Are you saying the chant isn't racist? Because it clearly is. It has no place in the game. It is making the BBC sport headlines, drawing unwanted attention on football and particularly Man United.

Where was faux outrage about Vidic's chant about murdering someone? Not even from the opposition snowflakes.

Yeah like the BBC have some moral authority awh their reporting it so it must be something, bbc and kick it out getting their knickers in a twist about a penis. 🖕🖕🖕

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

Everton
    I'm outraged at the Best chant about going on the piss. Offended as **** that they'd use an irish stereotype like that about us all being drunks and at the same time approving of substance abuse. Disgrace hi.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Berserker

Jayop wrote: »
    I'm outraged at the Best chant about going on the piss. Offended as **** that they'd use an irish stereotype like that about us all being drunks and at the same time approving of substance abuse. Disgrace hi.

Joking aside. It's starting to get silly. At this rate, football will end up like American sports when it comes to chants. People who don't really understand banter among fans are getting involved in this.

You can chant about murdering someone, someone dying but noooooo you can't chant about a penis it's racist

And the Ji sung park chant, no that's okay... But a fcuking penis.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭Rekop dog

Spurs
    Remember Park Ji Sungs chant, that could have been construed as far more racially offensive and I didn't see anyone getting up in arms about it or United's board being forced to release statements banning fans from signing it.

But faux moral outrage is definitely on trend right now. People are suddenly disgusted at things that a few years ago they'd sing along with, chuckle at or be indifferent to. It's too big a shift in too short a time for it not to be transparent as fu*k when you see people overly offended.

Everton
    It's a **** chant, but racial stereotypes aren't the same as racism. Japanese are efficient workers, is that racist? The French are great lover and is that racist? Kick it Out are a joke organization anyway and it was them that started this faux outrage.

Everton
    Rekop dog wrote: »
    Remember Park Ji Sungs chant, that could have been construed as far more racially offensive and I didn't see anyone getting up in arms about it or United's board being forced to release statements banning fans from signing it.

But faux moral outrage is definitely on trend right now. People are suddenly disgusted at things that a few years ago they'd sing along with, chuckle at or be indifferent to. It's too big a shift in too short a time for it not to be transparent as fu*k when you see people overly offended.

Aye. I'm a leftie libtard and even I see this for the bollocks it is. The park chant or the vidic chant are for more offensive. **** me you we sing about putting scousers on bonfires and how kicking city fans is the best fun yet this is where the line is drawn?

Rekop dog wrote: »

I was at a Liverpool v Chelsea game in Anfield a few years ago and John Terry got massive abuse over the fact that his mother dated someone from Liverpool. The chant was very loud and clear; it came form the Kop and we could hear it in the Anfield Road end. There was a reference to a penis in the chant but nobody seemed to take issue with it. Would be interesting to see how that would be received today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Liverpool
    Berserker wrote: »
    I was at a Liverpool v Chelsea game in Anfield a few years ago and John Terry got massive abuse over the fact that his mother dated someone from Liverpool. The chant was very loud and clear; it came form the Kop and we could hear it in the Anfield Road end. There was a reference to a penis in the chant but nobody seemed to take issue with it. Would be interesting to see how that would be received today.

Nobody gives a ****e about songs about people's cocks.

It's the racism that's the issue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭Rekop dog

Spurs
    But at the same time maybe we still are a bit primitive. Maybe in 30 years time the future generation will look back on us as vile and odious people singing these type of things.

The same way we look back at TV from 30 years ago and be baffled by how homophobic/ sexist/ properly racist people were, and how extra baffling it was that they found it completely normal.

Gbear wrote: »
    Nobody gives a ****e about songs about people's cocks.

It's the racism that's the issue.

Why only racism?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,932 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Liverpool
    Berserker wrote: »
    Why only racism?

Are you seriously trying to argue for the innocence of racism?

BBC...

Pretty racist ironically lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,341 ✭✭✭El Horseboxo

As a person of color I find it racist. The whole black man having a big dick is one of these "positive stereotypes" that pisses me off. And is usually circulated by a race that doesn't have to live with it and thinks that they would love for people to think they're hung like a horse. I've had numerous encounters where I've basically been seen as a big walking black dildo. It ain't nice to be reduced to that.

I've had friends that have made jokes over the years and I'd tell them that it ain't cool. They stop and don't go there again. But for a bunch of fans to do it again after all the statements and media attention. That's pathetic and downright disrespectful. I don't know the English soccer team layout too well. But maybe the Manchester United fans have a racist contingent. The 2 times I've been in England involved racist abuse by groups of Manchester United fans on public transport. That sh!t needs to be reigned in by the team.

• Advertisement

Everton
    And he's called El horseboxo

Everton
    I'm from the same part of Mexico as Hernández. And Chicharito is a slang word for little dick. Always surprises me it was used publicly as a nickname.

About 6 posts of his back. What a massive bulls1ter

Everton
    From a locked thread so I can't quote it properly....about ten posts back btw

El Horseboxo
    As a guy in high school, showering after gym class with class mates could do wonders for your sex game. Dudes with the big dick always got an obvious nickname that the girls would hear about. At parties in senior years the girls would be seeking out them slabs of meat.

So awful offended you were there.

Catch yourself on sir.

Everton
    The last one and this is a cracker.

From the thread... 'What makes a man'
    A big dick. And not just long. Needs to be thick too. Get in deep and wide.

• Everton

I'm convinced some of the posters on this site have never actually attended a game

Either that or its faux outrage just to beat a stick against a team they don't like

****ing overboard nonsense and it's hilarious reading it back

Everton
    M!Ck^ wrote: »
    I'm convinced some of the posters on this site have never actually attended a game

Either that or its faux outrage just to beat a stick against a team they don't like

****ing overboard nonsense and it's hilarious reading it back

For fake outrage look at the absolute whopper above who claimed to be an offended man of colour while in multiple posts stating he was delighted to be known for having a big dick and in another being a little bit questionable about how he referred to a Mexican man's manhood

Whopper and quite surprising really that he was so easy to show up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,932 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Liverpool
    Didn't Lukaku himself ask the fans to stop?

• Everton

This has been clarified multiple times lads
    A simple Google search or Twitter search will confirm exactly what he said

How about Rooney getting a full force elbow on the eye and the refs doing **** all about it? Sound more like a relevant topic maybe?

But that won't grab the headlines. If Rooney done it it would
    Same for this nonsense around a chant at a football match
    Ridiculous

Everton

I've said they should stop singing it. But whoppers coming on here being whoppers should be shown up for that.

• Advertisement

Ask your early 20 year old self, if he heard a chant about the size of his penis would he want it stopped?

It's with near 100% certainty that it's not Lukaku asking for it to be stopped it's the club and the club are asking for it to be stop because of the faux outrage that is going around because of KickItOut.

Anyone one the side that thinks this is racist, explain to everyone why the Park Ji Sung chant was let go under the radar from KickItOut??? Or is it racism only affects black people.

Everton
    City's attack is amazing. Watching MOTD here.

Everton
    I can't decide have they been awesome or are Palace comically bad. Watch Palace take points from us next week

City's attack is amazing. Watching MOTD here.

Racism attack is more potent it seems

:(

Everton
    user2011 wrote: »
    Racism attack is more potent it seems

:(

I'm racist against blue people

Everton
    Ah here just seen the 5th.****ing hell Delph scoring screamers

• Advertisement

Everton
    Morata is something else.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭AidoEirE

Everton
    Ah here just seen the 5th.****ing hell Delph scoring screamers

Watching motd myself now, delph goal was very good to be fair to the forgotten man.

The league needs to sort out the refs. Im not sure how they get picked to ref PL games but the calls being made are shocking.
    The utd game...dying minutes and southampton have a corner, applying the pressure, literally a min or so left on the clock. Corner whips in and the ref blows it......to fkin send off mourinho, for....not even his full foot on the pitch. Laughable ****. And the fact he called on a physio for no reason at all. The guy was lost, heatstroke down south.

Heard the ref on the liverpool game was bad as well.

Lets not talk about mike dean.

Everyone crtiticises the 22 players on the pitch, its about time the the 23rd man should get called out officially and stand up

Everton
    Aye refs I'm both united and Liverpool games I watched today were awful. Literally joke shop stuff.

Morata looks an absolutely unbelievable player so far. Clinical isn't even covering it. The league has some top strikers at the moment

Everton
    Aye refs I'm both united and Liverpool games I watched today were awful. Literally joke shop stuff.

Morata looks an absolutely unbelievable player so far. Clinical isn't even covering it. The league has some top strikers at the moment

He looked class alright, i didnt know he was that quick that goal was a peach. 2nd one i think
    City also looking very strong, their squad is hollywood stuff.
    Not the greatest game for us against the saints, but its those tough 1-0 wins we need to get. The only number that matters is the 1 after the 90 minute's

Massive sigh about some good posters here. Very disappointing that they are racist.

• Advertisement

Everton
    We were brutal to be honest in the second half but it's still 3 points.

Jones is a man God.

Everton
    Massive sigh about some good posters here. Very disappointing that they are racist.

Who.

If you're man enough to call people racist say who you're on about.

Who.

If you're man enough to call people racist say who you're on about.

Re-read your own posts

Everton
    We were brutal to be honest in the second half but it's still 3 points.

Jones is a man God.

If we can keep him fit, lindelof will find it tough to get in. The lad is like a dog chasing a ball, doesnt give up even if he's floopin all over the place

Everton
    M!Ck^ wrote: »
    This has been clarified multiple times lads
    A simple Google search or Twitter search will confirm exactly what he said

How about Rooney getting a full force elbow on the eye and the refs doing **** all about it? Sound more like a relevant topic maybe?

But that won't grab the headlines. If Rooney done it it would
    Same for this nonsense around a chant at a football match
    Ridiculous

To be fairness to Rooney, probaly did him the world of good, he might see the dirt he's letting into his car now

Everton
    Re-read your own posts

So are you calling me a racist?

What post exactly?

Everton
    Go on. What ****ing post?

Everton
    Waiting? Come one tell me again how I'm a racist? ****ing scum thing to call someone. Back it up.

"It's a **** chant, but racial stereotypes aren't the same as racism."

It is racism. Period. You are not the worst offender by far - but it is still wrong.

Everton
    "It's a **** chant, but racial stereotypes aren't the same as racism."

It is racism. Period. You are not the worst offender by far - but it is still wrong.

You called me a racist. Show me where I was racist and don't pussy put with that 'you're not the worst'.

Honestly I'm not going to let this drop. Either I'm banned for being a racist or you retract that.

• Advertisement
Advertisement