Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

General Premier League Thread - 2017/2018

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,292 ✭✭✭GreNoLi

Liverpool
    It hasn't been said before but chelsea really should have held onto Matic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

GreNoLi wrote: »

To be fair, he wanted to leave and the club let him go amicably. He was a terrific servant for them, no point in souring it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,166 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

dfx- wrote: »
    no easy games in the PL....it's a battle for 90 minutes...

7-2

Conversely defending champions get beaten by a team who hadn't scored in the league until this match.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Berserker

Give credit to Palace, they played well today and deserved that win. Massive improvement.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Liverpool
    Pleased for Hodgson.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,012 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Tbf, it did coincide with the return of their best player in Zaha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,500 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

First league win in 6 months, they had no games for 3 of them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭Sam Hain

Spurs

And have not played him. Bakayoko was bought to replace Matic, a younger, more versatile, more mobile version of Matic. Whats not to understand about why Matic was let go? A simpleton could comprehend the upgrading of the player.

Sam Hain wrote: »
    And have not played him. Bakayoko was bought to replace Matic, a younger, more versatile, more mobile version of Matic. Whats not to understand about why Matic was let go? A simpleton could comprehend the upgrading of the player.

Bakayoko is not an upgrade. He has potential to become better but he isn't better right now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭Sam Hain

Spurs
    pjohnson wrote: »
    Bakayoko is not an upgrade. He has potential to become better but he isn't better right now.

Looking at the performances of each player so far, hes been the better investment. And then on top of that, theres the potential.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,292 ✭✭✭GreNoLi

Liverpool

Matic would still be in first eleven if held onto, Bakayoko has potential to be better player but is not 'at this particular moment in time'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭Burial.

Liverpool
    De Bruyne's pass for Sane's goal gets better with every replay. What a player.

• Everton
    Palace beat Chelsea

Lovely, simply Lovely

• Registered Users Posts: 3,860 ✭✭✭DeanAustin

Man City
    Pleased for Hodgson.

Me too. All the tabloid reading clowns slag him off as if he's incompetent. The man has a very good track record despite a couple of failures.

Saw Dunphy giving him stick a couple of weeks back. If ever there was an individual who represented the knee jerkers, it's Dunphy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭Rekop dog

Spurs
    I wonder who'll throw 50 million for Richarlison next window

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

Everton
    Looking at the performances of each player so far, hes been the better investment. And then on top of that, theres the potential.

Matic has had far more an impact on United, and indeed the league, so far than Bakayoko has for Chelsea etc.

Whatever about going forward, Matic is performing better as of now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

Man City
    Come on cleverly!! Last minute.com

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Man City
    davycc wrote: »
    Come on cleverly!! Last minute.com

Aye lol, have to catch me some Fam, Blud, later on AFTV :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

I agree with Savage (yuck!)
    That Ozil miss was huge

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,384 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Looks like they'll be a 4 point gap between City, United, Spurs and Chelsea, Arsenal and Liverpool.

Rekop dog wrote: »
    I wonder who'll throw 50 million for Richarlison next window

Richarlison has been a key player but Marco Silva is vastly under-rated. His defence has been complete patchwork mostly between suspensions and injuries and yet he has made an excellent team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

Just watching MOTD. De Bruyne was outrageous. Easy favourite for POTY already.

32 premier league assists since he joined city

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

Burial. wrote: »
    De Bruyne's pass for Sane's goal gets better with every replay. What a player.
    And the vision for the pass to Sane to set up Sterling. Most players would have had a crack at goal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Everton
    Why is the Brighton everton match not on tv?

Unearthly wrote: »
    No idea, really. No available slots ? Or maybe just not enough appeal to the TV companies?

• Advertisement

Spurs
    Unearthly wrote: »

Odd for a match that has its own individual time slot to not be on tv these days.

Everton
    Moved to suit Indian tv apparently!! Money talks, that is how they are paying absurd prices for players!

Probably end up a 4-3 cracker!

So, eh...............................maybe not worth a match thread, I guess.................!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 876 ✭✭✭Rumple Stillson

I assume there is little chance Koeman will lose his job unless things continue down this path after Christmas, that said, this has been a tremendously bad start for Everton.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Arsenal
    Koemans reign stutters on for another week i reckon although Arsenal at home is a huge pressure game for both teams

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Mauricio Pellegrino another manager under some serious pressure.

• Advertisement

Hook Yedlin as he should be gone for that.

Crazy challenge. Definite penalty.

Spurs
    Idiotic challenge.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,288 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Moved to suit Indian tv apparently!! Money talks, that is how they are paying absurd prices for players!

Probably end up a 4-3 cracker!

So, eh...............................maybe not worth a match thread, I guess.................!

Brighton V Everton was moved ages ago to today in case this was a 5 game weekend like before the International break.

No UK tv channel picked it up and we have the normal 4 game weekend with a game tomorrow night.

Sky choose to show a much bigger game in the Championship between Derby and Forest.

The Premier League did not move the Everton game back to Saturday as fans would have already made travel arrangements. All over seas TV companies could have picked it up if they wanted but it was only Star Sports in India who choose to show the game live

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

I'm shocked but delighted for all football fans that have been subjected to his miserable business tactics

What a ****!

Mike Ashley has put Newcastle up for sale.

The biggest news from that is Alan Shearer is a Seinfeld fan.
    Ashley's interview on Sky back in August was essentially a broadcast advertisement that he wanted out

Spurs
    Surprised this is only Chadlis first start of the season. Always felt at his best he should be at a top 6 side. He's more prominent in the Belgian national side than he is at West Brom which is bizarre really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,030 ✭✭✭Minderbinder

I thought Newcastle have been on the market for a good while. Didn’t Ashley do something similar the last time they got promoted and looked relatively stable? He just can’t help himself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,288 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

BREAKING NEWS

Craig Shakespeare sacked. More to follow

• Advertisement

• Everton
    Harsh sacking

Everton
    Merited. That Leicester team should be mid table at least. They have a very good offensive ensemble. Not a fan of managerial swapping/switching for the sake of it but this guy was always going to be merely a short term solution and so it transpired.

Good coach, mediocre manager

Ranieri, anyone?

Martin O' Neill back home!

• Everton
    Merited. That Leicester team should be mid table at least. They have a very good offensive ensemble. Not a fan of managerial swapping/switching for the sake of it but this guy was always going to be merely a short term solution and so it transpired.

Ranieri, anyone?

Martin O' Neill back home!

Ancelloti is available

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,850 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Liverpool
    I'm never 'happy' when someone gets sacked, but the way Ranieri was treated disgusted me.

This guy is a spoofer

Everton
    callaway92 wrote: »
    I'm never 'happy' when someone gets sacked, but the way Ranieri was treated disgusted me.

This guy is a spoofer

Hardly, he is well regarded at Leicester and many at the club and fans attribute his contribution to the team during the title win as being invaluable

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,850 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Liverpool
    Hardly, he is well regarded at Leicester and many at the club and fans attribute his contribution to the team during the title win as being invaluable

Seeing how well Ranieri is doing with Nantes, I'm of the opinion he was the main man.

Shakespeare was a big part of getting Ranieri pushed out. Thoroughly dislikable now. Not sorry at all.

Spoofer who had a nice run of it when he took charge. They've been beyond poor for months.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,288 ✭✭✭mickmackey1

Leicester turning into a laughing stock, oh well they will always have that one magical season.

Everton
    callaway92 wrote: »
    Seeing how well Ranieri is doing with Nantes, I'm of the opinion he was the main man.

Shakespeare was a big part of getting Ranieri pushed out. Thoroughly dislikable now. Not sorry at all.

Spoofer who had a nice run of it when he took charge. They've been beyond poor for months.

Sources???

Maybe a bit of research might help here. Shakespeare was and remains one of the most respected figures at the club over the last few years.

It was people like Rudkin and a bit of player power that got Ranieri sacked. As well as the fact he had lost the dressing room, whether his fault or not.

Shakespeare was always going to be a short term solution for a club that has now ambitions to be a top 10 team every season. I imagine deep down he knew that also.

I wouldn't be surprised if he stayed on as coach.

As I said, good coach, not up to the job as manager. But definitely not to be blamed for ranieri's sacking. Ranieri even said that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Liverpool
    Would the Celtic manager fancy it I wonder.

• Advertisement

Everton
    Chris Coleman could be the man for the job. Might want a new challenge now and won't be underpaid there

Advertisement