Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

General Premier League Thread - 2017/2018

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Liverpool become first PL club to pay "living wage" to all employees - full and part time. Will add about a million to wage bill which shows how scandalous it is to have taken so long. Chelsea and Everton have committed to same.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

Everton
    Liverpool become first PL club to pay "living wage" to all employees - full and part time. Will add about a million to wage bill which shows how scandalous it is to have taken so long. Chelsea and Everton have committed to same.

Yep, crazy you can have someone at a company earning minimum wage maybe on a zero hour contract and someone else there earning 250k per week.

Fair play.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Berserker

Jayop wrote: »
    Yep, crazy you can have someone at a company earning minimum wage maybe on a zero hour contract and someone else there earning 250k per week.

Fair play.

Always feel for the stewards in the away end. They get paid minimum wage and they have to deal with the worst of the craziness from fans.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,292 ✭✭✭GreNoLi

Liverpool
    Glamour ties abound this afternoon.

Everton
    GreNoLi wrote: »
    Glamour ties abound this afternoon.

Herself wants me to go shopping. I'm actually considering it the football is so rubbish.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Bridge93

Liverpool
    just because it doesn't concern the big 6 or the glory hunters doesn't mean it's rubbish

Liverpool
    Foxes take the lead, deserved.

Liverpool
    Bridge93 wrote: »
    just because it doesn't concern the big 6 or the glory hunters doesn't mean it's rubbish

It really does, beggars can't be choosers I suppose.

Liverpool
    Afternoon on FIFA playing with City and Barcelona for you I suppose so. I'd rather watch live sport. Will be at least as much excitement today as there will be when Jose gets its claws into tomorrow's game

Liverpool
    Stoke equalise, decent game to be fair.

• Advertisement

Liverpool
    Afternoon on FIFA playing with City and Barcelona for you I suppose so. I'd rather watch live sport. Will be at least as much excitement today as there will be when Jose gets its claws into tomorrow's game

Don't play fifa, as for Jose, no comment.

Liverpool
    Don't play fifa, as for Jose, no comment.

Probably wise I take back the chat anout him. Don't want another Man v Liv ****storm. Top manager doing what he has to do to do what he's always done, win

Everton

It's Stoke against Leicester and when I posted that it was absolute tripe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,483 ✭✭✭✭blade1

This dopey B****** can't even get the score right:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,977 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Leicester back in front.

Mahrez getting back to where he was the season before last.

Everton

Does it make me too much of a glory hunter to say that I was right and these games are boring crap. One goal in four games in forty minutes.

Such a stupid comment but given your follow up to it it makes sense.

The 3 PM KO's have been all we feared! :pac:

Liverpool
    The 3 PM KO's have been all we feared! :pac:

Hammers pool should be a decent open game, kiss of death.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭Rekop dog

Spurs
    If Southampton had a goalscorer they'd be a really good side. I've seen them dominate a few games this year but they really struggle where it matters most.

• Advertisement

Spurs
    And Burnley score with their only shot on target.

They're like Ireland in club form, feck all possession, very few shots, but make themselves ridiculously hard to beat.

Everton
    Rekop dog wrote: »

They're like Ireland in club form, feck all possession, very few shots, but make themselves ridiculously hard to beat.

If they close it out up to 6th level on points with Chelsea and arsenal. 3 ahead of Liverpool. All those to play obviously but still an excellent return by them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,495 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Jayop wrote: »

If they close it out up to 6th level on points with Chelsea and arsenal. 3 ahead of Liverpool. All those to play obviously but still an excellent return by them.

If Chelsea and arsenal lose, they'll be level with those two and most likely level with Liverpool. It's no wonder Dyche is being mentioned for jobs elsewhere.

Spurs
    Big goal for Bournemouth. Think Newcastle look the weakest of the promoted sides for me this year.

Everton
    Mushy wrote: »
    If Chelsea and arsenal lose, they'll be level with those two and most likely level with Liverpool. It's no wonder Dyche is being mentioned for jobs elsewhere.

No doubt he's doing amazing with that club. In fairness the club deserves a lot of praise for sticking with him when they went down a few years ago.

Liverpool
    Mane being back should ensure a win for liverpool.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Liverpool
    If you go through that Burnley team its a load of championship players as that's generally all Burnley as a club can attract.
    Pope signed from Charlton, lowton villa, tarkowski Brentford, mee man city reserves, ward Brighton, cork off Swansea wasn't getting much game time, Hendrick derby, wood Leeds, gudmundson Charlton, Brady Norwich. He is under massive constraints with the players and types of clubs he can buy from. Summer just gone they couldn't hold onto their two main players Keane and gray.

Liverpool
    Liverpool score from a west ham corner.

Liverpool
    Liverpool score from a liverpool corner.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,814 ✭✭✭irishman86

Everton
    This Liverpool remind me of MON villa just a better attack and worse defence

Liverpool
    irishman86 wrote: »
    This Liverpool remind me of MON villa just a better attack and worse defence

Well that's an arbitrary comparison.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,814 ✭✭✭irishman86

Everton
    Well that's an arbitrary comparison.

Super effective counter attacking team based on high pressure, did you watch Villa under MON
    Both teams struggle to break down sides that dont come at them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,030 ✭✭✭Minderbinder

Finally Noble has been taken off. He was an embarrassment today.

Liverpool
    Lovely goal Salah, quality player all round, did not think he had it in him.

Lovely goal Salah, quality player all round, did not think he had it in him.

Roma will not be enjoying it. Absolute bargain.

Liverpool
    Roma will not be enjoying it. Absolute bargain.

Chelsea included.

Lovren coming on, it’s not over yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,640 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

Really poor game. Liverpool performance just OK, but won pulling up while never getting out of second gear. West Ham very very poor. Bilic is a gonner, he won't see the weekend out. They even made Oxalade-Chamderlain look competent.

That'll do.

West Ham used to be decent team. Relegation fodder these days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,529 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Surely thats the end of bilic. That first half was pathetic

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Good stuff. Just like Aston Villa.

• Advertisement

This sort of result puts Man Utds season start into context.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,167 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

How?

Everton

The start that we're 4 points ahead of you with a game in hand. Yeah context

Spurs
    When you bear in mind fixture difficulty so far I'd say there's very little between them right now.

Everton
    When you bear in mind fixture difficulty so far I'd say there's very little between them right now.

Go through every team's fixtures of who they have played this year, do out a revised table based off this, then we can use that table and this year's fixture list to get the ultimate alternate table. I'd say ye are topping it, your year

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,388 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Liverpool
    Go through every team's fixtures of who they have played this year, do out a revised table based off this, then we can use that table and this year's fixture list to get the ultimate alternate table. I'd say ye are topping it, your year

I think he's an Everton fan?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Numerous places reporting that Moyes will be given the West Ham job in the coming days.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah.

And breath.

Spurs

Half way stage is the first time you can make a some way fair comparison of sides when everyone has faced everyone once.

United have

Chelsea (a)
    Newcastle
    Brighton
    Watford (a)
    Arsenal (a)
    City
    Bournmouth
    West Brom (a)
    Burnley

Six of top current 10

Liverpool have

Southampton
    Chelsea
    Stoke (a)
    Brighton(a)
    Everton
    West Brom
    Bournemouth (a)
    Swansea

Two of current top 10

Any alternative table would have them closer than the current one.

Everton
    emmetkenny wrote: »
    I think he's an Everton fan?

Really? Maybe I mixed him up with someone else, although my point still stands. Gauging differences between 2 teams abilities from thier oppositions positions in table after 10 games is silly. Especially when u don't take account for the oppositions opposition :)

• Advertisement

Everton
    Half way stage is the first time you can make a some way fair comparison of sides when everyone has faced everyone once.

United have

Chelsea (a)
    Newcastle
    Brighton
    Watford (a)
    Arsenal (a)
    City
    Bournmouth
    West Brom (a)
    Burnley

Six of top current 10

Liverpool have

Southampton
    Chelsea
    Stoke (a)
    Brighton(a)
    Everton
    West Brom
    Bournemouth (a)
    Swansea

Two of current top 10

Any alternative table would have them closer than the current one.

Your arbitrary lines are stupid especially when 3 points separates 7 team's and takes no account of the difficulty of each individual teams opposition and its a tiny uneven sample size, it's not even worth mentioning it's so bloody pointless.

Advertisement