Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

General Premier League Thread - 2017/2018

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭Rekop dog

Spurs
    Your arbitrary lines are stupid especially when 3 points separates 7 team's and takes no account of the difficulty of each individual teams opposition and its a tiny uneven sample size, it's not even worth mentioning it's so bloody pointless.

Even forgetting their actual positions and just base it on common sense United have Chelsea Arsenal and City of the perennial big sides to face whereas Liverpool only have Chelsea. If you don't agree United have a tougher set of sides to face for the first time this year I really don't think there's much point continuing this argument.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Paully D wrote:
    Numerous places reporting that Moyes will be given the West Ham job in the coming days.

Guess Sarri said no....

Everton
    Rekop dog wrote: »
    Even forgetting their actual positions and just base it on common sense United have Chelsea Arsenal and City of the perennial big sides to face whereas Liverpool only have Chelsea. If you don't agree United have a tougher set of sides to face for the first time this year I really don't think there's much point continuing this argument.

Lol that's not what u said and not what I was talking about but at least now your makimg a half decent point

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,167 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Well I'm still none the wiser whatever bullcrap excuse means that a liverpool result reflects on Man U. I suppose Palace beating Chelsea shows Palace to be title contenders to some people. Some daft goings on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 876 ✭✭✭Rumple Stillson

pjohnson wrote: »
    Well I'm still none the wiser whatever bullcrap excuse means that a liverpool result reflects on Man U. I suppose Palace beating Chelsea shows Palace to be title contenders to some people. Some daft goings on.

Liverpool and United probably have the biggest rivalry in English football and certainly on this forum, there will probably always be comparisons, no matter how tenuous!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

What is it with McLean? Another brainless challenge from him yesterday. He was very lucky not to get a red card for it. And then him telling the Huddersfield player to get up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,292 ✭✭✭GreNoLi

Liverpool
    Spurs to squeak past palace by scoring the winner after the 85th minute, 2-1.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

Everton
    At least I can somewhat enjoy these games with United playing last.

Everton
    Like I know that's never given but the keeper missed the ball and thumped the player on the head.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,881 ✭✭✭✭klose

Jayop wrote: »
    Like I know that's never given but the keeper missed the ball and thumped the player on the head.

Was bizarre alright, in no man's land. Fairly bad luck to have your first 2 keepers out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

Man City
    blueser wrote: »
    What is it with McLean? Another brainless challenge from him yesterday. He was very lucky not to get a red card for it. And then him telling the Huddersfield player to get up.

I understand home Nazi fans where giving him all kinds of abuse for not wearing a poxy poopy.

Still don't excuse that tackle could have broken the lads leg, he is lucky not to get suspended and fined

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Everton
    Palace started this game well. Spurs a bit asleep

Everton
    The premier league is hilarious. Hammer real Madrid midweek and then really struggle against Palace. Typical of this league.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

and Real Madrid got beaten by a promoted side last week. Tis the nature of the game.

Everton
    The premier league is hilarious. Hammer real Madrid midweek and then really struggle against Palace. Typical of this league.

Psychologically it would be hard for spurs to get themselves up for the match after the high of midweek, where as palace would be raring for this game from the off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,082 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

Liverpool

Madrid attacked, Palace have sat back. Spurs play better against high line, attacking football as Liverpool ably demonstrated recently.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

Liverpool
    Come on spurs.

Everton
    One of those games where the underdog misses sitters and get punished later on

Liverpool
    Good man my Son.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

Everton
    GreNoLi wrote: »
    Come on spurs.

Often wondered, are you merely a neutral? Not that there is anything amiss with that? Never got the impression you were Spurs fan?

Not having a bite, just wondering?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Liverpool
    Well taken.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,082 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

Liverpool
    Unearthly wrote: »
    One of those games where the underdog misses sitters and get punished later on

Nostradamus

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

Liverpool
    Often wondered, are you merely a neutral? Not that there is anything amiss with that? Never got the impression you were Spurs fan?

Not having a bite, just wondering?

I'd love it if spurs won it outright, big fan of Poch but yeah I'm primarily a neutral (glory hunter).

Good to see Steven Reid on the palace bench.

Everton
    I'd love it if spurs won it outright, big fan of Poch but yeah I'm primarily a neutral (glory hunter).

Good to see Steven Reid on the palace bench.

Sure wasn't it only a week or two back I thought you were a Chelsea fan. You're an enigma.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Liverpool
    Graeme Souness bored off his tree sitting in the Chelsea dugout listening to Neville & Carra for the pre show on Sky .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭Rekop dog

Spurs
    If ever City are gonna be vulnerable is after their toughest away fixture in CL. I'm going for a 1-2 upset here.

Liverpool
    Arsenal to generally dominate and eventually take the lead, city rally and equalise under dubious circumstances, arsenal lose the rag and proceed to lose 3-1.

• Everton
    Arsenal to generally dominate and eventually take the lead, city rally and equalise under dubious circumstances, arsenal lose the rag and proceed to lose 3-1.

I'd say you are fairly spot on
    Il take that bet

Everton
    How did he not get a touch?

• Advertisement

Liverpool
    Outstanding DeBruyne, they have so many weapons it's ridiculous.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,881 ✭✭✭✭klose

Arsenal can barely get out of their own half, lovely goal from de bruyne.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭JPA

Superstar

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭Burial.

Liverpool
    Good God what a strike. His weaker foot is better than most players strong foot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,495 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Threats everywhere, and look so comfortable doing so

Everton
    Arsenal started well but you feel it's going to be easy from here on in for city

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

Missed chance there for Arsenal. Had 2 man overlap on the right too

Liverpool
    Oh Sterling...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Bridge93

Liverpool
    Having a shocker is poor Raheem

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,495 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

That's laughable!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭Burial.

Liverpool
    Only bad ball he's put all season.

• Advertisement

I hope we don't live to regret that. That was the second goal on a plate there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Arsenal
    Bridge93 wrote: »
    Having a shocker is poor Raheem

Constant threat though in fairness they can't handle him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Liverpool
    That's shocking

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

City aren't even out of second gear & still don't have to try hard much to get in behind Arsenal time after time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭Islander13

The title race is over already I fear, though Spurs maybe could stage a charge at some point

ERG89 wrote: »
    City aren't even out of second gear & still don't have to try hard much to get in behind Arsenal time after time.
    I'd say we're about 60% of our normal level so far. Too many sloppy passes, But relatively comfortable at this point. I don't remember Ederson having a save of note to make so far.

blueser wrote: »
    I'd say we're about 60% of our normal level so far. Too many sloppy passes, But relatively comfortable at this point. I don't remember Ederson having a save of note to make so far.
    Right on cue; an excellent save by Ederson there. Nice to have a keeper who is capable of actually saving shots now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,248 ✭✭✭✭BoJack Horseman

Arsenal should be pleased to be 1 goal down.
    Such is the gulf in quality.

Everton
    But the goal they conceded was so avoidable. Two chances to clear their lines completely fluffed. Sometimes it's OK to lace it out.

Come on.....

• Advertisement
Advertisement