Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

General Premier League Thread - 2017/2018

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Liverpool
    According to Redmond himself, Pep was actually quite complimentary to him. Yep, that is terrible scumbag behaviour by Pep...

It is indeed. Screaming into his face, shoving him, berating him and patronising him in front of cameras for playing the kind of football his manager told him to. He might have been complimentary is his words, but he delivered them like a patronising bully.

If Mourinho had done the exact same thing, he would have been crucified for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,365 ✭✭✭Crash Bang Wall

According to Redmond himself, Pep was actually quite complimentary to him. Yep, that is terrible scumbag behaviour by Pep...

Yeah, it really looked like he was complimenting him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,388 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Liverpool
    Yeah, it really looked like he was complimenting him

Well Redmond has it on his Twitter account that's what Pep said.

I think Pep was wrong the way he said/did it as a quiet word in the tunnel would have been a much better way to go about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Well Redmond has it on his Twitter account that's what Pep said.

I think Pep was wrong the way he said/did it as a quiet word in the tunnel would have been a much better way to go about it.

Some journalists have drawn different conclusions, can't say they are wrong either.

https://twitter.com/LukeEdwardsTele/status/936547684474908672

So he runs to the opposition player and questions their tactics because player was good at attacking?

Anyways it's not a big deal. Could have been avoided.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Giggsy11 wrote: »
    Some journalists have drawn different conclusions, can't say they are wrong either.

https://twitter.com/LukeEdwardsTele/status/936547684474908672

So he runs to the opposition player and questions their tactics because player was good at attacking?

Anyways it's not a big deal. Could have been avoided.

He was basically saying in future play the way that we want you to play so we can beat you easier. It was more disrespectful to the manager than the player imo

• Advertisement

Lukker- wrote: »
    He was basically saying in future play the way that we want you to play so we can beat you easier. It was more disrespectful to the manager than the player imo

Yeah, that's the thing. It was disrespectful for opposition manager.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

I reckon he got sick of the abuse

There is a thread in the help desk from a few months ago that answers any questions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Only Pep could do that and it be turned into a positive. Like others have said imagine Jose had done that, he'd be getting a nice ban.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Liverpool
    I wonder how bad Pep would have been had Southmapton held on for a draw. :o

But ya, he didnt handle it well at all and should have said it in the tunnel, without the context or Redmonds version of it, it looks really bad from the video of it.

Redmond was quiet calm in his reactions because losing a game in the last second, the last thing you'd want is the opposition manager coming up to you like that, even if he was praising you as an individual, it would hurt bad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭marvin80

Johner wrote: »
    Only Pep could do that and it be turned into a positive. Like others have said imagine Jose had done that, he'd be getting a nice ban.

Jose hasn't done himself any favours with his attitude and demeanor through his years in the Premier League.

I presume there giving Guardiola the benefit of doubt. Obviously if he continues to act like that he'll be given bans.
    I think Guardiola has too much class to be at that craic constantly - maybe he'll prove me wrong!!

• Advertisement

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,292 ✭✭✭GreNoLi

Liverpool
    I quite enjoy a bit of eccentricity, Pep did nothing wrong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Pep IS weird. I'm just astonished it took him this bloody long in the EPl to have a moment like this.

He's the kind of nutter that will complain to a winger playing against him for not playing in direct first time crosses when his defenders were out of position.

He's passionate but city's PR team should really coach him on body language control. City fans should be concerned that he might just provide someone like lukaku with pointers on how to position better against the system pep played.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,500 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

Lol. Totally different situations....

Agreed. Strong taste of salt off that post.

Liverpool
    Chelsea to thrash newcastle 5-1, Morata hat trick.

Liverpool
    GreNoLi wrote: »
    Chelsea to thrash newcastle 5-1, Morata hat trick.

Newcastle take a deserved lead, prediction well on its way to being fulfilled.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

Everton
    Not exactly against the run of play that. Both teams playing OK imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Everton
    Fabregas passing is just amazing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭Rekop dog

Spurs
    Turtwig wrote: »
    Pep IS weird. I'm just astonished it took him this bloody long in the EPl to have a moment like this.

He's the kind of nutter that will complain to a winger playing against him for not playing in direct first time crosses when his defenders were out of position.

It's all mind games. Next time they play Redmond will probably want to impress Pep and abandon defensive duties leaving them more exposed.
    Fergie did it for years, buddied up to certain managers who all ended up having terrible records against him.
    A flattering compliment is enough for an idiot to lose the run of themselves and have notions which is exactly what Pep wants to happen. He's playing the long game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Everton
    That goal was coming for like 5 minutes

• Advertisement

Liverpool
    Hazard equalises smartly, should have had a peno earlier.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,864 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Unearthly wrote: »
    That goal was coming for like 5 minutes

Like Ireland v Denmark, looks like getting the early goal was totally counterproductive for the Toon.

Everton
    That was a lovely finish. Chelsea all over them now.

Everton
    Filthy tackle from the ref

I was just thinking I missed everything about Moses except his crossing and than he does that. Cracking ball

Everton
    Could a come back have ever been more predictable? Think just like when they took the lead against us this will end at least 4-1.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

£17m spent on Murphy and Joselu.

Jesus.

Liverpool
    Semi-Panenka.

Everton
    Newcastle look like Newcastle.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 848 ✭✭✭Muff_Daddy

Rekop dog wrote: »
    It's all mind games. Next time they play Redmond will probably want to impress Pep and abandon defensive duties leaving them more exposed.
    Fergie did it for years, buddied up to certain managers who all ended up having terrible records against him.
    A flattering compliment is enough for an idiot to lose the run of themselves and have notions which is exactly what Pep wants to happen. He's playing the long game.

Do you think he cares that he looks like a slightly deranged lunatic while he is playing his so called mind games?

Everton
    Chelsea have been very good. Newcastle have been truly awful.

Liverpool
    Chelsea chugging along nicely and have an easy run of fixtures.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,276 ✭✭✭batistuta9

Arsenal & Liverpool are playing each other again on match day 19, did teams not only play each other once in the first 19 games or am I imagining that?

Liverpool
    Spurs need to get back on track, watford won't be pushovers.

Spurs
    I wonder if Watford are in for their regular hammering at Vicarage road by a good team.

Must win for Spurs though. Hard to make sense of their form of late.

• Advertisement

Spurs
    Bony first goal in ages. If he gets his confidence back himself and Abraham should be good enough to drag them to safety. Definitely 3 worse teams on the league.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,915 ✭✭✭Morrison J

Bony first goal in ages. If he gets his confidence back himself and Abraham should be good enough to drag them to safety. Definitely 3 worse teams on the league.

Is there? I think they're woeful. I really rate Clement too but he has an impossible task with that squad imo.

Liverpool
    Watford take the lead without fuss.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,030 ✭✭✭Minderbinder

Not sure why Hughton is persisting with Glenn Murray as a lone forward against the better teams. He did great for a couple of games but Hemed should be playing these games.

Spurs
    Morrison J wrote: »
    Is there? I think they're woeful. I really rate Clement too but he has an impossible task with that squad imo.

If you have decent goalscorers that's half the battle. Bony was standout before he ruined is confidence at City, if he gets firing he's a nightmare to play against. Fer has a lot of quality in midfield imo.

Clement seems to have good contacts in the right places so I'd rate them to strengthen in January over some other struggling sides. Saying that another failed gamble like Renato Sanchez could hurt them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,915 ✭✭✭Morrison J

If you have decent goalscorers that's half the battle. Bony was standout before he ruined is confidence at City, if he gets firing he's a nightmare to play against. Fer has a lot of quality in midfield imo.

Clement seems to have good contacts in the right places so I'd rate them to strengthen in January over some other struggling sides. Saying that another failed gamble like Renato Sanchez could hurt them.

I don't think Bony qualifies as a decent goalscorer anymore tbh. Abraham is a good player but he's got zero service. They probably have the worst midfield in the league.

Will need serious strengthening in January to survive for sure imo.

When I look at the other struggling sides I don't see many teams who could finish below them. Palace are a good team who were unlucky early. Will prob finish mid table. I can't make any excuse for Swansea's poor start. Just don't have the players.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,030 ✭✭✭Minderbinder

Big Sam worked his magic at half time.

Liverpool
    Brainless from Sanchez, spurs down to ten.

Everton
    Everton up to tenth as it stands. Amazing what two wins can do.

Spurs
    Two games and Sam has Everton top half. That's an impressive reaction from what looked a disjointed and hapless bunch a week ago.

Liverpool
    Jayop wrote: »
    Everton up to tenth as it stands. Amazing what two wins can do.

In terms of talent, Sam's been the best English manager for quite some time, all the best to him and everton.

Two games and Sam has Everton top half. That's an impressive reaction from what looked a disjointed and hapless bunch a week ago.

It's only his first game in charge :)

Liverpool
    Watford should have a peno at the death, poor non-decision.

Spurs
    It's only his first game in charge :)

He was in the dressing room before the game on Wed apparently.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,966 ✭✭✭Liamalone

Arsenal
    He was in the dressing room before the game on Wed apparently.

Negative

• Advertisement
Advertisement