Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

General Premier League Thread - 2017/2018

Comments

• Everton
    ShamoBuc wrote: »
    Yes, I brought up Mourinho.....and you quoted me:confused:

Not sure what he was actually moaning about, he parked the bus at home and lost.
    Probably just annoyed at himself and took it out on everyone else.
    You quoted me first and I was replying to your response about Klopp. Not sure how you are not getting this.

• Everton
    Does anyone have a source for the bottle incident beyond the daily fail? Just seems commonplace for posters to be taking that as fact which I find funny also.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,255 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    You quoted me first and I was replying to your response about Klopp. Not sure how you are not getting this.

My response included Mourinhio which you quoted ..... anyway we're talking about him now:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,864 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Does anyone have a source for the bottle incident beyond the daily fail? Just seems commonplace for posters to be taking that as fact which I find funny also.
    Guardian have a lrengthy report here
    https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/dec/11/jose-mourinho-fracas-manchester-city

Arteta is pictured covering his forehead, which I suppose is some sort of corroboration

• Everton
    Guardian have a lrengthy report here
    https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/dec/11/jose-mourinho-fracas-manchester-city

Arteta is pictured covering his forehead, which I suppose is some sort of corroboration

That doesn't confirm anything

• Advertisement

• Everton
    My response included Mourinhio which you quoted ..... anyway we're talking about him now:)

Fair enough, let's talk Jose so. I wasn't personally happy at all with his behaviour if you ask me. As I said it was never a peno so he was ranting and raving. It was quite silly and was made look foolish.

However when you compare that to the way klopp behaved I'd say klopp was acting like a bigger child. His manner and tone in both the interview and the presser was embarrassing. And was having a go at pretty much anyone that questioned him.
    As I said the blinkers are on for some when it comes to Klopps manner and he's been at it plenty of times before.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,864 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

That doesn't confirm anything

What are you looking for, CCTV footage? I think we have as much evidence as we can realistically expect at this stage that there was some sort of 'incident'.

• Everton
    What are you looking for, CCTV footage? I think we have as much evidence as we can realistically expect at this stage that there was some sort of 'incident'.

Again confirms nothing of Lukaku hitting arteta over the head with a bottle
    So yes, CCTV would be a little thing called evidence

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,255 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Fair enough, let's talk Jose so. I wasn't personally happy at all with his behaviour if you ask me. As I said it was never a peno so he was ranting and raving. It was quite silly and was made look foolish.

However when you compare that to the way klopp behaved I'd say klopp was acting like a bigger child. His manner and tone in both the interview and the presser was embarrassing. And was having a go at pretty much anyone that questioned him.
    As I said the blinkers are on for some when it comes to Klopps manner and he's been at it plenty of times before.

But when you add all the stories of the tunnel incident, going into the away dressing room, the fracas etc aswell - if its all true, some of it surely is, you begin to wonder is this another nail in his coffin ? It's not really what you expect from a manager at a top club, is it? If they were playing attractive football you might get over it.

• Everton
    But when you add all the stories of the tunnel incident, going into the away dressing room, the fracas etc aswell - if its all true, some of it surely is, you begin to wonder is this another nail in his coffin ? It's not really what you expect from a manager at a top club, is it? If they were playing attractive football you might get over it.

You obviously haven't watched Utd in their entirety this season. I have no issue with the progress we have made.
    2nd in the league, in the knockouts of the CL and still in the league cup and the FA cup.
    Ask me how we are when the season is over. It doesn't end in November like some people think it does.

• Advertisement

You obviously haven't watched Utd in their entirety this season. I have no issue with the progress we have made.
    2nd in the league, in the knockouts of the CL and still in the league cup and the FA cup.
    Ask me how we are when the season is over. It doesn't end in November like some people think it does.

Ive seen 3 or 4 games where they've been totally defensive, but obviously their results in general have been good. November......Well you could say the league is already over but there is obviously a lot to play for. Sevilla will be an interesting challenge.

I wonder will he continue to be in the headlines or will he 'take a break ' for a while.

Everton

What the feck has the type of football played by a manager have to do with weather his behaviour is acceptable or not. You can't be serious that'd be too funny

• Everton
    Ive seen 3 or 4 games where they've been totally defensive, but obviously their results in general have been good. November......Well you could say the league is already over but there is obviously a lot to play for. Sevilla will be an interesting challenge.

I wonder will he continue to be in the headlines or will he 'take a break ' for a while.

Some of those games you mentioned: Please note our best player Pogba has been unavailable for selection against Liverpool, Tottenham, Chelsea & Man City.
    The team suffers without his creativity.
    Just a vital to our team as Silva is too Citys team, or Kane is for Spurs for example.

Correct the league could be viewed as being over, but again it ends in May.
    Utd need to solidify 2nd place and that would be our best finish in years.
    As for the game yesterday, City are a better team than Utd. It's not that hard to accept at the moment. That's why city are winning the league. They have an all round better squad too.

What the feck has the type of football played by a manager have to do with weather his behaviour is acceptable or not. You can't be serious that'd be too funny

When his teams play well he is normally not as vocal.
    When his team is playing poorly and gets a result like yesterday's he normally flies off the handle and does something the media will run with ....everyone talks about his antics and not his teams poor performance.

He's doing it for years....if you cannot see that, then that would be funny.

Some of those games you mentioned: Please note our best player Pogba has been unavailable for selection against Liverpool, Tottenham, Chelsea & Man City.
    The team suffers without his creativity.
    Just a vital to our team as Silva is too Citys team, or Kane is for Spurs for example.

Correct the league could be viewed as being over, but again it ends in May.
    Utd need to solidify 2nd place and that would be our best finish in years.
    As for the game yesterday, City are a better team than Utd. It's not that hard to accept at the moment. That's why city are winning the league. They have an all round better squad too.

Didn't realise Pogba was that central or important. In comparison to last year I would have thought it was having Lukaku up front instead of ibrahimovic, probably a combination.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,640 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

Again confirms nothing of Lukaku hitting arteta over the head with a bottle
    So yes, CCTV would be a little thing called evidence

The evidence from the game would suggest the only way lukaku hit arteta with a bottle or anything else was if he was trying to avoid him ðŸ˜

• Everton
    The evidence from the game would suggest the only way lukaku hit arteta with a bottle or anything else was if he was trying to avoid him ðŸ˜

So no evidence then, just waffle.

• Everton
    Didn't realise Pogba was that central or important. In comparison to last year I would have thought it was having Lukaku up front instead of ibrahimovic, probably a combination.

Well he is. Most creative, high level of goals and assists this season and has only played 8 times due to injury and now suspension.
    Squaka stats are impressive.
    It's immediately notable the lack of creativity without him.
    Your kind of confirming you haven't watched much of Utd so how can you say Utd haven't improved?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,500 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

Blinkers are well on over Mourinho making a clown of himself in the tunnel :D

Mourinhio just can't handle that he's not the best.

The guy seems to have insecurities. Very thin skinned.

Very Trump-esque in many ways.

• Advertisement

• Everton
    fullstop wrote: »

Any evidence of that?

Van Gaal having a go at Utd for being boring :eek:

Any evidence of that?

Nope.

• Everton
    Nope.

Exactly

Exactly

You are hilarious :D Didn't happen if mick didn't see it happen :D

• Everton
    You are hilarious :D Didn't happen if mick didn't see it happen :D

Nobody else can confirm it so yes Mick is spot on :)

Nobody else can confirm it so yes Mick is spot on :)

Confirmed by multiple sources, but yes of course you're right :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Mourinho himself would be proud of the deflecting going on here. :D

• Everton
    Confirmed by multiple sources, but yes of course you're right :)

Confirmed by daily fail? :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,745 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Everton

Maybe I'm missing something here but do any United fans actually give a **** that their players got in a row after the game? Genuinely?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Liverpool
    Confirmed by daily fail? :)

What source is required for your standards?

• Everton
    What source is required for your standards?

Not the daily fail
    That's the source of the story
    Could have swore that would have been fairly obvious by now

AdamD wrote: »
    Maybe I'm missing something here but do any United fans actually give a **** that their players got in a row after the game? Genuinely?

Seems some do. Strange alright. :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Mourinho is the Donald Trump of football management. He doesn't give a **** unless his ego is pricked.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,576 ✭✭✭deaddonkey15

Everton

No. Nice to see a bit of fight in the team, just unfortunate that it's not more evident on the pitch.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,814 ✭✭✭irishman86

Everton
    Gbear wrote: »
    We also missed pretty much an open goal.

Having 57 shots might be necessary if you're conceding a dozen chances of your own, but I think Everton literally had no chances.

There was nothing wrong with the performance. It was utterly dominant and had more than enough chances to win, as evidenced by the fact that their only chance was handed to them by the ref and we score a goal.

It absolutely wasn't even remotely a penalty. It doesn't require knowing anything about football to realise that. A cursory knowledge of human anatomy and the basic mechanics of how humans move is sufficient.

CL ran into Lovren and fell over. His arm was there because that's what you do when someone runs into you. Otherwise you fall over.

He pushed him over dude, there was no need at all for him to do it, take of the red glasses and you can see this clearly

Everton
    Rekop dog wrote: »
    What I find funny is Jose is probably famous for having the most obnoxious celebration of an opposing manager at Old Trafford but then has the temerity to have a go at likes of Conte and Pep for lesser acts of exuberance.

He's bringing a particularly low tone to what was once a proud club which I can't imagine sits too well with the likes of Charlton.

Entertaining for a neutral though mind.

I dont think you know the meaning of the word :pac:

Everton
    Well he is. Most creative, high level of goals and assists this season and has only played 8 times due to injury and now suspension.
    Squaka stats are impressive.
    It's immediately notable the lack of creativity without him.
    Your kind of confirming you haven't watched much of Utd so how can you say Utd haven't improved?

You can figure out why hes saying they havent improved, its called they dont actually watch football they just post anti-United without any foundation
    I'm not even posting on boards that long and it took me all of a week in the football forum to notice it :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Thank god there is midweek games
    -_-

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Man Utd
    It was a definite penalty , it was clumsy from Lovren

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,030 ✭✭✭Minderbinder

What I find funny is Jose is probably famous for having the most obnoxious celebration of an opposing manager at Old Trafford but then has the temerity to have a go at likes of Conte and Pep for lesser acts of exuberance.

Mourinho celebrated a last minute winner to send an underdog through to the next stage of the CL. Fairly understandable.

Conte was 3-0 up and celebrated the fourth goal as if it was decisive. I think it was over the top but I wouldn’t dwell on it.

Just from looking at the pictures of City’s changing room, taking photos normally seen when you’ve actually won a trophy, I’d say there was a fair amount of trying to wind up United. Perhaps the changing rooms at OT are too close to each other though, because this is obviously not the first time.

But I’d say City were being antagonistic to an extent and United reacted.

Mourinho celebrated a last minute winner to send an underdog through to the next stage of the CL. Fairly understandable.

Conte was 3-0 up and celebrated the fourth goal as if it was decisive. I think it was over the top but I wouldn’t dwell on it.

Just from looking at the pictures of City’s changing room, taking photos normally seen when you’ve actually won a trophy, I’d say there was a fair amount of trying to wind up United. Perhaps the changing rooms at OT are too close to each other though, because this is obviously not the first time.

Lolz, ah yeah, Jose would never try to antagonise another manager or team...

• Everton
    Lolz, ah yeah, Jose would never try to antagonise another manager or team...

Nothing got to do with the point he made. Nope.

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭PhuckHugh

Of course they do, it might have been two hours too late, but it shows that they had a go.

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭PhuckHugh

Of course they were being antagonistic and rightly so, they just beat their near neighbours in their own back yard and they know Mourinho is a horrible cnut, it should be sowed into him every single time. His eye gouge a few years back is where Mourinho is at as a person and he deserves the same level of respect.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭Rekop dog

Spurs

You surely can't be defending on this matter?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=OqTH5SMCshI

He's always been the worst for OTT celebrations. I don't mind it, it's entertaining. But him complaining about other managers doing it is utter insanity, on genuine psychopatic levels.

Everton
    You surely can't be defending on this matter?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=OqTH5SMCshI

He's always been the worst for OTT celebrations. I don't mind it, it's entertaining. But him complaining about other managers doing it is utter insanity, on genuine psychopatic levels.

Just like your posting it seems wildly ott.

Spurs
    Just like your posting it seems wildly ott.

Glad we're in agreement on Jose's behaviour.

Everton
    Glad we're in agreement on Jose's behaviour.

Well i wouldnt say its Psychotic or that of an insane person no although thats just Jose :P

Spurs
    Well i wouldnt say its Psychotic or that of an insane person no although thats just Jose :P

Being utterly outraged about something other managers do that you've done before yourself on multiple occasions in the past on more obnoxious levels is not something someone of a stable mind does. He's a highly functioning psychopath imo.

• Advertisement
Advertisement