Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

General Premier League Thread - 2017/2018

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,866 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Jeff Stelling "I can see one of the players' prostate on the ground." Sounds like a bad one...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Liverpool
    Bret Hart wrote: »
    Roy has really has turned Palace around. Undefeated in there last 7 games. 3W 4D.

Delighted for him. It was ballsy to take them over when they had a really wretched run of fixtures.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

I've got a Huddersfield fan (born and bred) just up the road from me. He's been over twice this season so far; when they played (and beat!) united. And he's over at Watford today.

#luckyomen

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,814 ✭✭✭irishman86

Everton
    Iwobi on one wing Sanchez on the other, they should just get into defensive positions when either gets the ball

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,030 ✭✭✭Minderbinder

Burnley have been absolutely septic today. Looked like a non-league team at times. They’ll probably find some way to win though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭Rekop dog

Spurs
    Get congested for relegation battle now. Everyone up to 9th is a bad Christmas spell away from dragging themselves into danger.

Newcastle are going to make a serious call soon on Rafa. He's getting so little from this bunch of late. Not an ideal squad, but that cant be fully to blame, motivation levels up there seem the worst in the league right now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Rekop dog wrote: »
    Get congested for relegation battle now. Everyone up to 9th is a bad Christmas spell away from dragging themselves into danger.

Newcastle are going to make a serious call soon on Rafa. He's getting so little from this bunch of late. Not an ideal squad, but that cant be fully to blame, motivation levels up there seem the worst in the league right now.

No they ain't, you really do post guff with confidence. Todays game is a free hit for a promoted side. When the club are sold he'll get some squad investment and they'll be okay. 17th on goal difference in May will be a success for any promoted side

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Liverpool
    All joking aside about the old English managers getting jobs.

They are showing why over the last couple of weeks the reason clubs won't take the risk on unproven managers.

The teams that went with them are pulling away from the bottom.

The standard dynamic where teams that get up into mid table lose all impetus seems particularly pronounced this season. If that carries on there'll be 10-11 teams separated by a couple of points by May...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Rafa is probably their biggest asset. They seriously need to add to the squad, prob the weakest in the league honestly.

Liverpool
    If Newcastle don't give Rafa money in January for transfers he will walk and they will get relegated and Ashley won't get his asking price and he will stay.

Spurs
    Lukker- wrote: »
    Rafa is probably their biggest asset. They seriously need to add to the squad, prob the weakest in the league honestly.

He has little experience in that sort of job. Where do you summon the motivation for a relegation struggle when you've battled for leagues and major European trophies in the past? There's just serious lethargy and apathy vibes coming from him and the team, the worst thing you can say about a side really.

He has little experience in that sort of job. Where do you summon the motivation for a relegation struggle when you've battled for leagues and major European trophies in the past? There's just serious lethargy and apathy vibes coming from him and the team, the worst thing you can say about a side really.

They are currently giving Newcastle a game, indeed on chances in the 2nd half they probably should be ahead.

They are currently giving Newcastle a game, indeed on chances in the 2nd half they probably should be ahead.

Well I've heard of teams beating themselves but seemingly Newcastle can't even manage that.:P

Liverpool
    Tony Pulis to come in and save Stoke.......Oh wait.... no.

• Advertisement

Liverpool
    Isn't De Bruyne asking the ref to give a card by waving an invisible card a cardable offence in itself now?

Arnautovic is going to cause a riot here lol. Declan Rice has put in a solid performance. Looks better in midfield, although Stoke are shocking.

Liverpool
    Terrible from Spurs.

City 1 up.

I'll bet365 that Hughes will get the bullet.

Jaysus Shawcross isn’t even trying there

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 704 ✭✭✭frisbeeface

This type of game is made for Sane. So impressive running with the ball.

Liverpool
    Ref ignores pen this week that he gave last week Spurs player pushes City player in the back even more obvious push.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Stoke are still NOT in the relegation zone. It's a Christmas miracle :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,720 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

now I understand your Big Sam love - Rafa is a proven class manager - - check ther cv's - fair enegh its not laden with releagtion scraps, cause he usually at the other end , unlike Fireman Sam .

really hope we dont have to endure the return of Pullis at Stoke, hopefully they think bigger than the obvious return to caveman hoofball.

ERG89 wrote: »
    Stoke are still NOT in the relegation zone. It's a Christmas miracle :p

Stoke had 17 shots, 0 on target I think. Good end to end game though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,169 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

thebaz wrote: »
    now I understand your Big Sam love - Rafa is a proven class manager - - check ther cv's - fair enegh its not laden with releagtion scraps, cause he usually at the other end , unlike Fireman Sam .

really hope we dont have to endure the return of Pullis at Stoke, hopefully they think bigger than the obvious return to caveman hoofball.

So you still dont want Allardyce at Everton I take it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,225 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Refs just make it up as they go along.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭Gizmo55

Stoke only a point outside the relegation zone. Lovely.

Liverpool
    Did Dele Alli just have one of those seasons last year or has his ego gone to his head this season?

There is no way he should be a starter for Spurs.

Spurs
    Really enjoying this tactical battle. Both their commitment to playing it from the back against the high press has been borderline suicidal at times.

• Advertisement

How was that not a penalty for a push by Rose? We had the same BS against the same opponents last year as well; a shove by Walker (who?) on Raz.

Spurs
    Edersons passing had been sublime.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,596 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Liverpool
    Lloris has got away with it twice pushing the ball into the danger zone.. needs to hold on to them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Liverpool
    Really enjoying this tactical battle. Both their commitment to playing it from the back against the high press has been borderline suicidal at times.

Spurs keeper is shaky

Liverpool
    Spurs light years off this City team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,720 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

pjohnson wrote: »
    So you still dont want Allardyce at Everton I take it.

not particularly - as I have said he has done a good job - but he inherrited a good ( and expensive) built squad that were complty under-performing , along with good youth Academy - I believe most decent managers could have organised that squad to mid-table safety - Sam has done that , but , me I expect more - bigger picture

Liverpool
    blueser wrote: »
    How was that not a penalty for a push by Rose? We had the same BS against the same opponents last year as well; a shove by Walker (who?) on Raz.

Considering he gave the pen for Everton last week this ref needs to be relegated to the championship for his lack of consistency .

Do they still do that as punishment to refs?

Liverpool
    Pawson is the most inconsistent ref in the league.. he’s terrible.

Edersons passing had been sublime.
    He's better than some of the jokers we've had in MF down the years!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭Bret Hart

Liverpool
    Ref bottled it. Otamendi should be off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Otamendi super lucky should have gone. City finishing has been terrible. They should be out of sight!

Spurs
    Spurs need Lamela on, neither Ali or Eriksen want to offer width. Need to test Delph more, and get overlap opportunities from Trippier, he usually offers up better crosses than Rose does on the left.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,216 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Never a red for Otamendi. Ref got it right.

City are simply better. Their press, their quick passing, and their overall play is simply head and shoulders above anyone else in the league.

Well on top tonight; Spurs have barely had a sniff. We should be out of sight by now. And one goal will hardly be enough, not with Kane on the pitch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Spurs need Lamela on, neither Ali or Eriksen want to offer width. Need to test Delph more, and get overlap opportunities from Trippier, he usually offers up better crosses than Rose does on the left.

This is something that confuses me a little. Apart from Chelsea before Morata got injured no team has seemingly actively targeted Delph's wing. Is it supremely well shielded or is Delph better defensively than I give him credit for (I think he's a solid all round player btw)? Most opponents joy against City has seemingly come from that side. :confused:

• Advertisement

Kiith wrote: »
    Never a red for Otamendi. Ref got it right.

City are simply better. Their press, their quick passing, and their overall play is simply head and shoulders above anyone else in the league.
    Agreed. Never a red. Not sure what Alli was playing at though, shoving Dinho for no apparent reason. He's a very good player (not this season, mind) but you can't trust him not to do something stupid in a game.

Spurs
    Turtwig wrote: »
    This is something that confuses me a little. Apart from Chelsea before Morata got injured no team has seemingly actively targeted Delph's wing. Is it supremely well shielded or is Delph better defensively than I give him credit for (I think he's a solid all round player btw)?

I'm not sure but even to lessen Sane's threat a little they could do with a body over there offering some attacking impetus and forcing him to do a bit of defending.

Surprised if Dele comes out 2nd half.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Rekop dog wrote:
    Surprised if Dele comes out 2nd half.

Nearly the first lad out of the tunnel :o

Liverpool
    Nasty from Kane on Sterling.

Liverpool
    Pawson with his back to the tackle.. should have been red

• Advertisement