Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

General Premier League Thread - 2017/2018

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Blue Moon forums gone all 503

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

Everton
    Blue Moon forums gone all 503

From page 16 in their match thread if anyone's interested.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,292 ✭✭✭GreNoLi

Liverpool
    Everton have an excellent crop of young English players, Lewin and Holgate dominant on their flank.

City missing their new left back Mendy badly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭Moist Bread

It was a premeditated attack on a defenceless player.

Everton
    jacool wrote: »
    If that's a yellow card, well be seeing one for every player shielding the ball out of play with their arms out.

I can only imagine the ref thought he threw an arm or threw the head back. That's what I thought on first viewing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,047 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Everton
    Clear yellow card. Good decision ref

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,932 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Liverpool

he backed into the lad, it happens 20 times a game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,495 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Looks at player, takes him out of the game off the ball...clear yellow tbh, brainless by Walker. Totally needless

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Trump could use you in his PR department

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Could have killed him

• Advertisement

Liverpool

In the second degree.

he backed into the lad, it happens 20 times a game.

It was an act of pure cowardice. He looked to take him out and did so. Thankfully the ref saw it and acted accordingly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,661 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

martyos121 wrote: »
    Doesn't matter how much he cost, it was never a yellow.

It was a harsh one, but, you're giving the referee a chance to make a decision - and you're already on a yellow, go on, sure, why not, give your opponent a sly, uneccessary, elbow - what's there to lose, right!.

He could have easily got away with it, but Walker has to have some brains.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

Liverpool
    Poor yellow card decision aside, still clear issues in City's play. Only really rose a level the few minutes before the Everton goal. While Aguero is still a threat, he slows down this team's build up play far too much and his inclusion distorts a shape that would surely lead to faster, fluid football.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭JPA

Jayop wrote: »
    From page 16 in their match thread if anyone's interested.

People really hang around other teams forums? :|

Everton
    If only there was funds available this summer for the manager to address this glaring weakness. But 3 full backs and another keeper were the priorities.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Refs don't think twice about sending players off this season. There is being stern and there is ruining a game when you are unsure of what happened. The league badly needs VAR, must have the worst standard of refs in the major European leagues.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,289 ✭✭✭✭rob316

there would be 20 yellows a game if that was a yellow. joke

Everton
    JPA wrote: »
    People really hang around other teams forums? :|

Normally no. Especially not that cess pool. However given it was Rooney who scored then I thought I'd have a laugh at their meltdown.

I'd have a look at the United thread on RAWK the odd time too for a laugh.

Liverpool
    Would like to see the other Silva introduced, city might actually have too much depth, Pep feeling put upon to give everyone enough game time to keep them happy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,661 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

Lukker- wrote: »
    Refs don't think twice about sending players off this season. There is being stern and there is ruining a game when you are unsure of what happened. The league badly needs VAR, must have the worst standard of refs in the major European leagues.

Well, supposedly, the standard in Spain is worse. Except when City are playing, of course.

Normally no. Especially not that cess pool. However given it was Rooney who scored then I thought I'd have a laugh at their meltdown.

I'd have a look at the United thread on RAWK the odd time too for a laugh.

You enjoy football for the tribal aspect. I can understand that, if not respect it.

Everton
    Lukker- wrote: »

Wasn't there a really soft pen awarded last week in Germany (I think) after review by the Video Ref?

Seriously, until the rules are massively tightened up I still wouldn't be in favour of it. Most times there's a penalty you still have debate over whether it was or not.

Everton
    You enjoy football for the tribal aspect. I can understand that, if not respect it.

I enjoy football for loads of reasons. The tribal aspect is one small part, and given I sit infront of a PC all day long, having a quick look at a rival forum or thread on here isn't a big deal.

I enjoy football for loads of reasons. The tribal aspect is one small part, and given I sit infront of a PC all day long, having a quick look at a rival forum or thread on here isn't a big deal.

You don't need to explain yourself to the likes of me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

Arsenal
    I can see why he gave the yellow. From his angle he sees walker (who was agro about getting the previous yellow) moving across, looking at the player, swinging his arm and the Everton player making a meal if it.

For me looking at it, it is an intentional foul. I feel all fouls that are intentional should be at least a booking.

Hopefully the game won't suffer too much for it. Everton looked really good in midfield.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

During the first half I voted in the poll that City would win the league, so its probably my fault.

Everton got 50 million for Stones and put 6 goals past him in the last 2.5 games

• Advertisement

Liverpool
    Sterling at rwb?

Everton
    Everton got 50 million for Stones and put 6 goals past him in the last 2.5 games

Haha, I love that one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,640 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

wow Sane lol

That is hilariously bad

It's funny that Mourinho has Utd playing with more freedom and far more creativity than this City side.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,640 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

****ing ref it's not a head injury

This ref has been awful

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭Okon

Spurs
    Headshot wrote: »
    ****ing ref it's not a head injury

This ref has been awful

Was just thinking much the same myself...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭spiritcrusher

Referee is great craic. Clearly just wants to wind up the home fans.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Who is where now for City?
    Keeping up with Peps tactics is like a drunk argument sometimes

Sterling is absolute rubbish

City have the best squad in the league by far but they just look all over the place on the pitch

City have the best squad in the league by far but they just look all over the place on the pitch

As a Liverpool I'm drooling at the players they have but there is just no balance to the team. Ridiculous amount of forwards wingers and attacking midfielders.

• Advertisement

Liverpool
    Terrible finish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Liverpool
    Good run and good save to match

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Vincent Kompany yellow card klaxon.

It was worth it, he kept his team in the game while making sure not to injure anyone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭irelandrover

Everton
    Calvert-Lewin has jumped into the player about 5 times tonight when he has no chance of getting the ball. Twice taking the legs from a player in the air and the ref has done nothing about it.

Everton are also delaying every free for both teams and again he has done nothing.

He´s been very poor tonight.

• Everton
    Augero with the dive

Liverpool
    Deserved to be fair.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Everton pulled a Shakesphere bringing on a new toy & taking off a defending player.
    Thought City wouldn't punish them mind

Calvert-Lewin has jumped into the player about 5 times tonight when he has no chance of getting the ball. Twice taking the legs from a player in the air and the ref has done nothing about it.

Everton are also delaying every free for both teams and again he has done nothing.

He´s been very poor tonight.

The ref has been excellent. The difference with Calvert-Lewin was there was no malicious intent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭irelandrover

Everton
    Fantastic finish

• Advertisement
Advertisement