Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

General Premier League Thread - 2017/2018

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

Nearly. Twice we've rattled the woodwork now.

GET IN!!!!!

Nice one Raz. Gorgeous pass from the king of the assists again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,292 ✭✭✭GreNoLi

Liverpool
    Kevin 'The Architect' De Bruyne, what a player.

Excellent clearance from the General there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,113 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

Liverpool
    The game needed a goal, is Raz 50 mill is penny's what he's worth.

• Advertisement

Another chance spurned by Kun.
    :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

82% possession. :eek:

Job half done.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,814 ✭✭✭irishman86

Everton
    blueser wrote: »
    Same as Mourinho. He never hangs around in one place for too long.

I agree, i think ive said it before but i like Klopp the most
    I actually think we will see Jose and Pep stay longer than usual this time around
    Jose is at a team where he has ultimate power and Pep has the project he wants

Paully D wrote: »
    82% possession. :eek:
    Pep's philosophy. If you've got the ball, the opposition can't score.

• Advertisement

irishman86 wrote: »
    I agree, i think ive said it before but i like Klopp the most
    I actually think we will see Jose and Pep stay longer than usual this time around
    Jose is at a team where he has ultimate power and Pep has the project he wants
    Fair comments. I'm biased though!

Everton
    fullstop wrote: »
    Pep got plenty of flack last season when the team weren't performing so that's another thing you've got wrong...

Very little from the media, just took spending 200 million to get the team performing :pac:
    Thats straight from the PSG book of winning the league :pac:

Everton
    Fair comments. I'm biased though!

Hey we can all agree we love Goater and Wanchope oh and Elano :cool:

Hey we can all agree we love Goater and Wanchope oh and Elano :cool:
    Don't forget the likes of Creaney, Conlon and B(r)adbu(r)y. True leg ends.

Everton
    Don't forget the likes of Creaney, Conlon and B(r)adbu(r)y. True leg ends.

I'm more a last twenty years kinda guy :pac:

I'm more a last twenty years kinda guy :pac:
    They were in the 90s. You're probably too young to remember them. Me, on the other hand.....

Pass me the sanatogen and my cup of Horlicks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭Tom.D.BJJ

Liverpool can't cry the poor mouth any more after spending 75m on VVD.

Everton
    They were in the 90s. You're probably too young to remember them. Me, on the other hand.....

Pass me the sanatogen and my cup of Horlicks!

Not to young, it wasnt watched in France really in the nineties
    Just the bigger teams in CL

We're passing up a good few, if not chances, opportunities tonight. I hope it doesn't come back to bite us on the arse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭marvin80

Tom.D.BJJ wrote: »
    Liverpool can't cry the poor mouth any more after spending 75m on VVD.

That's just on the one player - if you compare total spending I presume United are well ahead.

And let's not forget the person who started all this ridiculous spending was Mourinho when he arrived at Chelsea.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,597 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Liverpool
    marvin80 wrote: »
    That's just on the one player - if you compare total spending I presume United are well ahead.

And let's not forget the person who started all this ridiculous spending was Mourinho when he arrived at Chelsea.

:pac:

“It’s all Jose’s fault that we had to spend 75m on a defender”

Liverpool
    The stage is all set for a Newcastle equaliser

Hit the woodwork again. What's that; three times now? It's all set up for a Newcastle equaliser.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,292 ✭✭✭GreNoLi

Liverpool
    Sterling runs like a T-Rex.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Liverpool
    It's Ed Woodward I feel sorry for now can you imagine the begging he is going to have to listen too from Jose saying City and Liverpool are spenting xyz I need to spend more money now.

Gimme gimme gimme will become the new Attack attack attack.

astradave wrote: »
    :pac:

“It’s all Jose’s fault that we had to spend 75m on a defender”

The crazy spending did start when Jose arrived at Chelsea.
    It's continued and escalated with the crazy amounts being spent on players.

The only way the likes of Liverpool, Spurs and Arsenal can fight for a title is by improving the quality and strength of their squads to the level of United, Chelsea and City.
    Nowadays that means spending stupid amounts on players.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,174 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

It's Ed Woodward I feel sorry for now can you imagine the begging he is going to have to listen too from Jose saying City and Liverpool are spenting xyz I need to spend more money now.

Gimme gimme gimme will become the new Attack attack attack.

Very amusing how a Liverpool fans immediate thoughts are with a separate club rather than their own!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 876 ✭✭✭Rumple Stillson

pjohnson wrote: »
    Very amusing how a Liverpool fans immediate thoughts are with a separate club rather than their own!

Not really, it happens the other way round too. Liverpool fans hate United, United fans hate Liverpool, points to be scored at every opportunity.

Liverpool

Immediate thoughts were 3 hours ago (Crazy ****ing money)when the news broke three hours later I can laugh at Jose's hypocritical crying over teams spending habits.

• Advertisement

Liverpool

The only way the likes of Liverpool, Spurs and Arsenal can fight for a title is by improving the quality and strength of their squads to the level of United, Chelsea and City.

United have been breaking transfer records since the start of the PL..

The only thing that is increasing the level of money going out of clubs is the amount of money going in.. sky/BT/Sugar daddy’s are to blame for the spending.. not ****in Jose

• Registered Users Posts: 3,860 ✭✭✭DeanAustin

Man City

Not really. It started when Abramovich came to Chelsea. He bought a shedload of players for Ranieri.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,388 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

I think you're wrong :D

I think you'll find;

Jaap Stam, Van Nistelrooy, Juan Veron(:D) were signed for stupid money the year was 2001 which I think you'll find precedes Mourinhos arrival, Rio Ferdinand arrived the year after too.

Immediate thoughts were 3 hours ago (Crazy ****ing money)when the news broke three hours later I can laugh at Jose's hypocritical crying over teams spending habits.

Just Joses hypocritical crying seems strangely specific. Surely all hypocrites deserve equal mirth Mr. Coulson?

https://twitter.com/FullTimeDEVILS/status/946103485338148864

Just Joses hypocritical crying seems strangely specific. Surely all hypocrites deserve equal mirth Mr. Coulson?

https://twitter.com/FullTimeDEVILS/status/946103485338148864

Is this irony?

astradave wrote: »
    United have been breaking transfer records since the start of the PL..

The only thing that is increasing the level of money going out of clubs is the amount of money going in.. sky/BT/Sugar daddy’s are to blame for the spending.. not ****in Jose

United have broken transfer records but haven't spent crazy amounts in total per season.
    For example in 2005/2006 Jose spent 112 million United spent about 20 million.

• Advertisement

Liverpool
    Is this irony?

It really isn't and to make it even funnier he doesn't see it.

Is this irony?

United didnt sign anyone. The only news today has concerned Liverpool so what else is there to talk about? In the Premier League thread if not Premier League news?

Coulson involved United for some reason complaining about spending money, even though his own manager said the same. Laughing at hypocrites selectively tells quite a lot :)

• Everton
    GreNoLi wrote: »
    Sterling runs like a T-Rex.

I think it was Deli Ali taking the piss out of him at a training session or maybe it was someone else, cant fully remember. Was funny tho

Christ, that seemed a long second half!
    :p

On to Selhurst Park at the weekend now.

United didnt sign anyone. The only news today has concerned Liverpool so what else is there to talk about? In the Premier League thread if not Premier League news?

Coulson involved United for some reason complaining about spending money, even though his own manager said the same.

Oh I have no problem with United fans taking the piss out of Liverpool spending £75 million on VVD. Likewise United fans should have no problem with Liverpool fans laughing at anything related to United. It's part of the fun of it all.

• Advertisement

• Everton
    Hit the woodwork again. What's that; three times now? It's all set up for a Newcastle equaliser.

Nah, safe as houses

That type of win is what's annoying me the most about this city side, can still grind a 1-0 win and then win big the next

Christ, that seemed a long second half!
    :p

On to Selhurst Park at the weekend now.

Would ye reckon ye'll rebid for Evans since VVD is gone? Kompany is surely done now. Hes almost at Hargreaves level of injury.

Liverpool
    M!Ck^ wrote: »
    I think it was Deli Ali taking the piss out of him at a training session or maybe it was someone else, cant fully remember. Was funny tho

Hazard

Would ye reckon ye'll rebid for Evans since VVD is gone? Kompany is surely done now. Hes almost at Hargreaves level of injury.
    We do need another CB. Vinnie's days as a player are surely numbered, and Mangala (though improved) is not the answer, whatever the question is! Can't say I'd be too thrilled with Evans. But Pep seems to know this football thing fairly well, so I guess we'll have to trust in Pep. As for VVD, I never reaqlly thought he'd come to us. His heart seemed set on Liverpool and, as bad as some of our CBs are, Liverpool were far more desperate for a decent CB. I mean to say; Lovren and Klavan. They'd drive a pioneer to drink!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,388 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

United have broken transfer records but haven't spent crazy amounts in total per season.
    For example in 2005/2006 Jose spent 112 million United spent about 20 million.

10 Million for a defender no one heard of at the time (Vidic) was an eye catcher at the time wasn't it particularly when he was initially looking like a flop whereas Chelsea spending 20 odd million on Essien who was looking top drawer in the champions league for Lyon was considered pricey but an obvious move.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭Bret Hart

Liverpool
    Easy win in the end for City. Diaz,Foden and Garcia,I'd imagine we'll be getting more playing time in the new year,too give Aguero and co more time too rest up for the cup games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Liverpool

I would bid fcuk all don't want him near the club

Everton

Real Madrid should hire you as a spokesman.
    We broke all those transfer records because of Chelsea and Jose :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

Everton
    10 Million for a defender no one heard of at the time (Vidic) was an eye catcher at the time wasn't it particularly when he was initially looking like a flop whereas Chelsea spending 20 odd million on Essien who was looking top drawer in the champions league for Lyon was considered pricey but an obvious move.

Noone heard of?

Vidic was relatively well known by most football people. . Maybe not a lot of fans but it wasn't the fans that were buying him. It was people with an intrinsic knowledge of the market.

He had just qualified for a WC with Serbia, playing every game, in a group where they conceded one goal, that goal coming against Raul. And was voted best Defender in Russian league. And at only 23 years of age! Captain of a successful Red Star Belgrade team at 20 years of age that won the double the year he left and the record transfer for a defender in Russian league when he joined Spartak

And it was £7 million! Where are you getting your £10 million !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,384 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Noone heard of?

Vidic was relatively well known by most football people. . Maybe not a lot of fans but it wasn't the fans that were buying him. It was people with an intrinsic knowledge of the market.

He had just qualified for a WC with Serbia, playing every game, in a group where they conceded one goal, that goal coming against Raul. And was voted best Defender in Russian league. And at only 23 years of age!

And it was £7 million! Where are you getting your £10 million !

Same place he got 20m for Essien probably. Mad that the reduction in the Essien fee by nearly 5m and the increase in the Vidic fee by 4m suited his argument so well though...

• Advertisement
Advertisement