Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

General Premier League Thread - 2017/2018

Comments

Conte and Mourinho going at it. Demintia and match fixing insults. Pair of kids.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Liverpool
    RoboKlopp wrote: »
    Conte and Mourinho going at it. Demintia and match fixing insults. Pair of kids.

The best part of it was peps response just totally dismissed it for the nonsense that it was.

The best part of it was peps response just totally dismissed it for the nonsense that it was.

Class above them both.

I'm sure he's pissing himself laughing at the so called title challengers tbh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

City have been below their usual level of late. Burnley could sting them. City struggled last time they met and it looks like they've dipped a bit since.

(Cue city firing 5 goals past them now:o )

• Registered Users Posts: 3,860 ✭✭✭DeanAustin

Man City

It adds to the entertainment. It’s better than the usual bland cliches. Can’t say Pep is above it either like another poster claims.

• Everton
    Saying someone has had senile dementia deserved a mic drop
    What a ****ty thing to say from Conte

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,293 ✭✭✭✭rob316

I wouldn't mind but mourinho was referencing klopp when he was talking about clown, conte took the bait for some reason.

• Everton
    rob316 wrote: »
    I wouldn't mind but mourinho was referencing klopp when he was talking about clown, conte took the bait for some reason.

When did Jose confirm he was talking about Klopp?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

rob316 wrote: »

Because he doesn't watch other managers interviews and the journalist told him that Jose called him a clown. It wouldn't be unrealistic really, Jose has been having digs at him for the last 18 months. Still bitter at being sacked or the 4-0, or tbh he's just bitter in general since his return to England.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Arsenal
    Why did Jose have to bait though. Why couldn't he have just said he was a more mature manager now. I can't see what he was gaining from it.

• Advertisement

• Everton
    niallo27 wrote: »
    Why did Jose have to bait though. Why couldn't he have just said he was a more mature manager now. I can't see what he was gaining from it.

Lolz?

Arsenal
    M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Lolz?

No seriously what was the point of it. Utd are not playing Chelsea or Liverpool anytime soon. I'm trying to figure out why he said it.

No seriously what was the point of it. Utd are not playing Chelsea or Liverpool anytime soon. I'm trying to figure out why he said it.

Because he wants to show how mature he is now and account for his subdued touchline figure I guess.

The thing is though, he invalidates his 'maturity' by going for the petty dig straight after. I'd say living away from his family doesn't help, but he wasn't much different in his second spell at Chelsea.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

Maybe you should watch press conference to understand why he said that. One more mistake people do is taking quotes out of context without watching interviews.

Lukker- wrote: »
    Because he doesn't watch other managers interviews and the journalist told him that Jose called him a clown. It wouldn't be unrealistic really, Jose has been having digs at him for the last 18 months. Still bitter at being sacked or the 4-0, or tbh he's just bitter in general since his return to England.

Yeah, poor Conte and Chelsea fans.

Arsenal
    Giggsy11 wrote: »
    Maybe you should watch press conference to understand why he said that. One more mistake people do is taking quotes out of context without watching interviews.

Interesting what is your view on it. I only saw snippets of the interview.

Yeah, poor Conte and Chelsea fans.

I don’t think anyone particularly cares? Seems to be constant topic in United thread and I don’t see it or Jose ever discussed in the Chelsea thread.

Interesting what is your view on it. I only saw snippets of the interview.

It was nothing comment. Conte should use his brain and Chelsea press officer should be fined weeks wages.

Jose's commitment was questioned based on daily mail news that he will resign and for his passion for work.

Arsenal
    It was nothing comment. Conte should use his brain and Chelsea press officer should be fined weeks wages.

Jose's commitment was questioned based on daily mail news that he will resign and for his passion for work.

I have no problem with him saying what he did about being more mature but why insult other managers.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭j8wk2feszrnpao

why insult other managers.
    Why would he break the habit of a lifetime?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Berserker

Expect Hughes and Stoke to part company after that defeat today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,644 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

Berserker wrote: »
    Expect Hughes and Stoke to part company after that defeat today.

Best man for the job he said last week.... 'who else can come in, who else knows the players like me, who else is better positioned to keep us up' type thing.

The man is up his own ar5e.......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,496 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

6th sacking this season, only early January too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,720 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

Dyche to Stoke ?? be a good fit , hes taken Burnley as far as he can , and think hes from the midlands too !!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Liverpool
    thebaz wrote: »
    Dyche to Stoke ?? be a good fit , hes taken Burnley as far as he can , and think hes from the midlands too !!!

Big downgrade for him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,720 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

Big downgrade for him.

I see Stoke as a bigger club , hes worked miracles at Burnley , Stoke would have a way bigger budget - just think it would be a good fit

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Liverpool
    Dyche would be mad to leave for Stoke now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Giggsy's time has come!

Stoke have spent bigly but quite poorly for the return and yet if you looked at each play in isolation most would say they have a decent squad that should be in the top half of the table if well coached (then again that is true of Everton, Palace and West Ham as well)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Berserker

GavRedKing wrote: »

I dunno, wouldn't be much traffic at this time of night. :p

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,814 ✭✭✭irishman86

Everton
    Berserker wrote: »
    I dunno, wouldn't be much traffic at this time of night. :p

:pac::pac::pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

• Everton

Great show

Conte easily triggered it seems

Brilliant.

Looking forward to Mourinhos response! He won't be able to help himself being so thin skinned. Similar to D. Trump.

Is Conte the Rocket Man?!

Box office stuff from the two lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Brilliant.

Looking forward to Mourinhos response! He won't be able to help himself being so thin skinned. Similar to D. Trump.

Is Conte the Rocket Man?!

Box office stuff from the two lads.

Which one watches the gorilla channel tho?

ERG89 wrote: »
    Which one watches the gorilla channel tho?

It's a pity that they aren't playing each other tomorrow just for the entertainment.

2 keyboard warriors! They should go toe to toe in the Octogon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Their fixtures is coming up shortly. Not enough duration for things to calm down adequately. Jose will keep this stoked.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 876 ✭✭✭Rumple Stillson

“It will be the opportunity in the game against United when we go to Old Trafford,” Conte said. “Me and him face to face. I’m ready. I don’t know if he’s ready.”

Mourinho is always ready.

N2XR.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,083 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

Liverpool
    I blame Manchester City :)
    This is what happens when also rans get bored. Both teams, as well as everyone else are an irrelevance in the Premier League this season so they have nothing better to talk about than each other.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

Can't see him leaving Burnley. He's got a handy little side there, whereas Stoke are a shambles. Anyway, Giggs seem to be the bookies' favourite for the gig.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,869 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

blueser wrote: »
    Can't see him leaving Burnley. He's got a handy little side there, whereas Stoke are a shambles. Anyway, Giggs seem to be the bookies' favourite for the gig.
    MON now, round 6/4. Wonder would he do it till the end of the season then gone back to us?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

MON now, round 6/4. Wonder would he do it till the end of the season then gone back to us?

Yeah; saw that now on PP on twitter;

https://twitter.com/paddypower/status/949954169674321920

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Liverpool
    I hope MON takes it and fcuks off out of the Ireland job.

Wtf has Giggs done to deserve a real job?

#giveitgiggsy trended for a while

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,644 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

Same as Hughes really...

Not quite, but Hughes I always thought was highly regarded by many for doing SFA.

Giggs has done nothing, and would be crazy. Would keoman fancy it in wonder? MoN would be a strange move, can't see the likes of Shaquri or Jesse buying into his 'style'.

Same as Hughes really...

Not quite, but Hughes I always thought was highly regarded by many for doing SFA.

Giggs has done nothing, and would be crazy. Would keoman fancy it in wonder? MoN would be a strange move, can't see the likes of Shaquri or Jesse buying into his 'style'.

I mean Hughes managed Wales for 5 years, and did an excellent job at Blackburn? He could probably be considered unlucky at City, and QPR was a disaster of a club at the time. His spell at Stoke wasn't half as bad as people like to pretend.

Giggs managed United for a few games and they was no difference between himself and Moyes other than he would give starting positions in the team to his old mates.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,814 ✭✭✭irishman86

Everton
    It's a pity that they aren't playing each other tomorrow just for the entertainment.

2 keyboard warriors! They should go toe to toe in the Octogon

Lets be fair a battle of wits Mourinho would win
    But an actual fight, it wouldnt even be close Conte is a animal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Liverpool
    irishman86 wrote: »
    Lets be fair a battle of wits Mourinho would win
    But an actual fight, it wouldnt even be close Conte is a animal

There is the eye poking, Mourinho would be back to it I'm sure!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,113 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

Liverpool
    I hope MON takes it and fcuks off out of the Ireland job.

Let Wessi take over Ireland apparently he's our only hope.

Advertisement