Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

General Premier League Thread - 2017/2018

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,596 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Liverpool
    KERSPLAT! wrote: »
    Dive!

>.>

Looking at the replay of his face he wasn’t even looking for a Peno

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭Tom.D.BJJ

KERSPLAT! wrote: »
    Dive!

>.>

Saint Juan doesn't dive

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,501 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

Great ball from Pogba, brilliant finish

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Everton
    Amazing football. A joy for any football fan out there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Liverpool
    Nah, he slipped, clear enough.

Cracking first time strike to make it 2-0

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,643 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Thats about 350-400m worth of transfer fees theyed be paying.

Thats if Levy allows Kane to leave for a "decent" amount.

U for one hope Kane fvcks Levy and Spurs over whenever he leaves. They are taking advantage of kane for years by paying him very ordinary money (relatively speaking of course) for his extraordinary performances.
    Maybe Kane feels some loyalty to Spurs, or loves living in the area. But looking from the outside, he seems poorly advised, and appears to be selling himself short.
    There is no way he will ever play for Real Madrid IMHO.

U for one hope Kane fvcks Levy and Spurs over whenever he leaves. They are taking advantage of kane for years by paying him very ordinary money (relatively speaking of course) for his extraordinary performances.
    Maybe Kane feels some loyalty to Spurs, or loves living in the area. But looking from the outside, he seems poorly advised, and appears to be selling himself short.
    There is no way he will ever play for Real Madrid IMHO.

****ing hell, he's not a prisoner!

I'm sure he'll move when he wants.

Maybe he's just enjoying his football at Spurs at the moment?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 876 ✭✭✭Rumple Stillson

Pogba has been terrific in this game. Aside from the hundreds of millions he has earned for United in shirt sales, he's really living up to his price tag this season.

Everton
    Pogba is amazing. Great performance

• Advertisement

• Everton
    Unearthly wrote: »
    Pogba is amazing. Great performance

King of the YouTube footballers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Big job for Lambert. Stoke might be the worst team in the league on current form.

They should have just about enough talent to survive though if the players can be arsed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Berserker

Big job for Lambert. Stoke might be the worst team in the league on current form.

They should have just about enough talent to survive though if the players can be arsed.

They have a nice run of games coming up over the next few weeks. I think they'll be ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

They concede over 2 a game on average & have the worse defence in the top 5 leagues in Europe. Going to have to stop that before they kick on.
    Like a lot of teams down near the bottom they lack a consistant goalscorer who could get over 10 goals.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭0gac3yjefb5sv7

M!Ck^ wrote: »

Also Pogba has played half the mins of KDB in the PL.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Arsenal
    Why do utd fans feel the need to defend Pogba and compare him to other players at every chance they get. If utd fans are happy with him that's all that matters.

• Everton
    niallo27 wrote: »
    Why do utd fans feel the need to defend Pogba and compare him to other players at every chance they get. If utd fans are happy with him that's all that matters.

It's the general PL thread. Don't read into it too much Niallo

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

niallo27 wrote: »

If you can't understand why Pogba is compared with other players in that tweet then you will never understand.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,290 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Pogba was very last night but let's not get carried away he was up against a midfield of Joe Allen and Stephen Ireland.
    Be interesting to see can he influence games against better pl teams and champions league games as well in his new free role.
    Definitely looks a lot more settled and mourinho knows what to do with him in comparison to last season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Liverpool
    rob316 wrote: »
    Pogba was very last night but let's not get carried away he was up against a midfield of Joe Allen and Stephen Ireland.
    Be interesting to see can he influence games against better pl teams and champions league games as well in his new free role.
    Definitely looks a lot more settled and mourinho knows what to do with him in comparison to last season.

Pogba is excellent most of the time and has played really well against good midfields. Please don't pretend that last night was some sort of anomaly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Liverpool
    M!Ck^ wrote: »
    King of the YouTube footballers

I thought that was Neymar?

• Everton
    I thought that was Neymar?

Maybe you are right, if not he's a close second

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Pogba is an excellent player. People can’t seem to get away from his transfer fee. It shocked me when he went for that price, but Neymar’s ridiculous transfer fee has changed everything. If a club can afford the fee for a player then fair enough. It’s time to forget about the fees and just focus on what players do on the pitch and what they offer their team.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Liverpool
    Pogba as a player reminds me of Gerrard.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭shamrock55

In what way - that he has 2 legs is it because that's where the comparison ends

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Liverpool
    shamrock55 wrote: »
    In what way - that he has 2 legs is it because that's where the comparison ends

Great range of passing, powerful dynamic players . Hard to trust them as part of a midfield two. I'm not saying they are at the same level but I think they have a lot of similarities in their game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,877 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

Only saw the first half an hour of the game last night but thought Stoke looked decent, surely they'll have enough to stay up?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,329 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

NDWC wrote: »
    Only saw the first half an hour of the game last night but thought Stoke looked decent, surely they'll have enough to stay up?
    If you are starting Stephen Ireland for the first game in about 2 years...I wouldnt be so sure....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 876 ✭✭✭Rumple Stillson

I'd agree with that. Not very tactically disciplined but athletic, good passing and make things happen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,868 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Great range of passing, powerful dynamic players . Hard to trust them as part of a midfield two. I'm not saying they are at the same level but I think they have a lot of similarities in their game.

I would put Toure in the same category, and maybe Wilshere. There's no natural place for these guys in a 4-2-3-1. Middle of 3 probably nearest, but if you play them there you miss what you're getting from a 'true' no. 10 like Ozil or Griezman. You normally get away with playing them in the 2 if you have a rock-solid DM like Matic, but a manager like Mourinho is reluctant to take the risk...

• Advertisement

gmisk wrote: »
    If you are starting Stephen Ireland for the first game in about 2 years...I wouldnt be so sure....

Thought he had a decent game. Tidy little footballer who has quite a bit to offer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

More peno controversy. Brighton should have had one apparently and no VAR for this game (it'll be used in Swansea v Liverpool I think)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,496 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

More peno controversy. Brighton should have had one apparently and no VAR for this game (it'll be used in Swansea v Liverpool I think)

Very bizarre they have it for some matches but not others

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,596 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Liverpool
    Mushy wrote: »
    Very bizarre they have it for some matches but not others

I thought they were only using it in the cups this season.. weird bringing it in to an odd match half way thru the season

astradave wrote: »
    I thought they were only using it in the cups this season.. weird bringing it in to an odd match half way thru the season

Same, and that would make sense.

That's a penalty again, same player too. More a coming together, but still a penalty

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

For some reason I had it in my head they were using on Monday.

Everton
    For some reason I had it in my head they were using on Monday.

Think it might be the next Liverpool fa cup match

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,030 ✭✭✭Minderbinder

No way they can have it in one league game and not them all.

Ref absolutely brutal again in this game. They’d need VAR every two minutes in England to help these wasters. Games will last longer than a Cricket game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Well, that Chelsea goal was phenomenal

https://streamable.com/gqp7q

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,030 ✭✭✭Minderbinder

Brighton going down unless they sign a decent forward.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,643 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

Knex. wrote: »
    Well, that Chelsea goal was phenomenal

https://streamable.com/gqp7q

Brilliant. Willian is quality,just goes and does.the job, no fuss.
    The third goal though was an embarrasment. Hazard carrying the ball forward, reaches the box,and they rub away from him, allowing him to jog to the penalty box unhindered, to roll the ball into the net. Hard to know what they were at, had they him backed for next goalscorer or something.

The commentator on Sky has called Monreal Bellerin so often for the goal....How do you get them mixed up?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

This could turn really nasty for Palace today.

Brighton going down unless they sign a decent forward.

Did so earlier this week, Jürgen Locadia from PSV.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Liverpool
    Give Arsene a new contract ;)

That was a great goal!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,264 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Palace 4 down....going to be a long day at the office for them.

Arsenal 4-0 Palace after 20 mins, Brighton 0-4 Chelsea. Swansea 0-10 Liverpool on Monday. No easy games in the PL lads!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Arsenal
    ShamoBuc wrote: »
    Palace 4 down....going to be a long day at the office for them.

Teams never kick on after 4 nil. It will end 4 nil or 5-1

• Advertisement
Advertisement