Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

General Premier League Thread - 2017/2018

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Arsenal
    Pogba having a bit of a nightmare so far. Losing the ball in dangerous places.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

All I wanted was an angry DT & Palace ruined that. Thanks Roy you prune.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,643 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

niallo27 wrote: »
    Teams never kick on after 4 nil. It will end 4 nil or 5-1

Or, knowing Liverpool, 4-4

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

Talks of a broken leg for McCarthy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭JPA

Sounds like a real bad one going by Mcinally

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,966 ✭✭✭Liamalone

Arsenal

Looks bad, I'd say a break alright now

Looks bad :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,734 ✭✭✭Fowler87

niallo27 wrote: »
    Teams never kick on after 4 nil. It will end 4 nil or 5-1

True that... many a time I've been stung in the betting markets on teams with big half time leads

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Double leg break for McCarthy confirmed by the BBC :(

Stoke 2 up but if you could pick a game it's at home to West Brom or Huddersfield.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,643 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

Lively game in Turf Moor. Brilliant shot from edge of box by Martial giving United the lead in a tight game, Burnley pressing now with United in defensive mode now and looking to break tru the quick lads Martial and Lingard. Lively second half. Looking forward to the United lads spinning here how good a player Pogba is after this, because he has been sh1te.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Man Utd
    At least he'll have a legit excuse for not turning up for Ireland games now :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Berserker

At least he'll have a legit excuse for not turning up for Ireland games now :/

Sure your thinking about the right player? Injured for Everton and played for the RoI was the norm for him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,389 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Liverpool
    . Looking forward to the United lads spinning here how good a player Pogba is after this, because he has been sh1te.

Would you stop please. He's had a poor game, one game does not make a player

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Looking forward to the United lads spinning here how good a player Pogba is after this, because he has been sh1te.

Pogba is an excellent player who is having a bad game.

EVERY player has a mare now and again.

What a stupid comment.

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭PhuckHugh

Utd are truly awful to watch... Guinness helps.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Man Utd
    Berserker wrote: »
    Sure your thinking about the right player? Injured for Everton and played for the RoI was the norm for him.

Yeah didn't play any of the games last year , and Koeman and O Neill were constantly bitching at each other over it , It was in jest anyway not that it matters horrible injury for him hope he recovers well from it

Pogba is an excellent player who is having a bad game.

EVERY player has a mare now and again.

What a stupid comment.

He's a good player - Excellent is a stretch. Great against the lower league sides but has been bang average against the better teams in the league. To be fair to him, he's not really a central midfielder and if he was played in a more attacking position he would excel.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Would you stop please. He's had a poor game, one game does not make a player

Nor does one great game against an Everton or stoke.

Pogba is a class player but I still don't feel he's produced it for united. He needs another midfielder to free him up more and lift the burden. Regardless of how he plays he is basically United's midfield.

I still prefer juventus Pogba.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,389 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Liverpool
    Turtwig wrote: »
    Nor does one great game against an Everton or stoke.

Pogba is a class player but I still don't feel he's produced it for united. He needs another midfielder to free him up more and lift the burden. Regardless of how he plays he is basically United's midfield.

I still prefer juventus Pogba.

Yes he was better at Juve but they played to his strengths. If United got someone to play beside Matic and let Pogba roam you'd see much better performances return.

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Yes he was better at Juve but they played to his strengths. If United got someone to play beside Matic and let Pogba roam you'd see much better performances return.

That has to be their priority in the summer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Everton
    Great win for united. Making a mockery of people who said they would have collapsed around November time

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,264 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Unearthly wrote: »
    Great win for united. Making a mockery of people who said they would have collapsed around November time

Who said that?

Unearthly wrote: »

You obviously didnt watch the game. They were played off the park.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,576 ✭✭✭deaddonkey15

Everton
    PhuckHugh wrote: »

No they weren't.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,171 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

82197.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,508 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Decent start to City game.

Considering they play decent football, it's suprising there are so many empty seats again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Everton
    Newcastle pressing a lot higher compared to previous fixture v city

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

Everton
    PhuckHugh wrote: »

Lol

Has the dubious goal committee given that to Kdb or kun?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

Has the dubious goal committee given that to Kdb or kun?
    Not read anything official, but from what I've read in a few different places (don't have BT, so I've only seen it on twitter), Kun just about got his hair to it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,814 ✭✭✭irishman86

Everton
    Christ that was a soft penalty

Great finish by Murphy

I'd love to see how many instances of VAR referrals would have given that as a penalty versus how many wouldn't.

Great assist by Sane. Rafa lamenting the defending mind.

This Sane guy has some career ahead of him.

I'd love to see how many instances of VAR referrals would have given that as a penalty versus how many wouldn't.
    From what I've seen of it on twitter (don't have BT), it looked a penalty. But I'll hold off on giving a definitive opinion until I see motd later on. Good to see Kun getting his usual glut of goals against the Geordies.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,171 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

blueser wrote: »
    From what I've seen of it on twitter (don't have BT), it looked a penalty. But I'll hold off on giving a definitive opinion until I see motd later on. Good to see Kun getting his usual glut of goals against the Geordies.

Do you have Eir Broadband?

Ah I wasn't referring to whether it was or wasn't. Rather, would VAR actually come to a consistent decision on it. Were it to be repeated as an experiment, say, ten times. :)

pjohnson wrote: »
    Do you have Eir Broadband?
    With what laughingly passes for broadband down here (in non-fibre land; 2mb)? Behave.

Ah I wasn't referring to whether it was or wasn't. Rather, would VAR actually come to a consistent decision on it. Were it to be repeated as an experiment, say, ten times. :)
    Apologies. I misinterpreted your post. As I said, I'll know for definite (maybe!) later on. I am a bit biased though!

• Advertisement

As promised, I said I'd be back when I saw a decent view of the penalty incident. Now, even allowing for my bias, it looked a definite penalty to me. The Newcastle defender stumbled and fell into Sterling, pushing him over.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Liverpool
    The bottom 12 teams separated by 11 points that is quiet crazy really any of the could still go down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Liverpool
    I only saw one angle from the news but would have said a peno was the correct call from that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,030 ✭✭✭Minderbinder

Not saying it was or wasn’t a pen. It was probably soft but if I’m not mistaken a Chelsea player was sent off for diving in a similar incident a few days ago, in a game that had VAR.

The video is only as smart as those looking at the pictures, and these refs are dumb as f**k.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

https://www.facebook.com/watfordfc/posts/10155834486851815

And Watford's managerial merrygoround continues...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,713 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Liverpool
    Quite the fall for Marco, the Everton stuff obviously caused massive distraction for everyone involved and they couldn't get back on track.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Liverpool
    Serious feet from Sane for City's 3rd

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

Man City
    Come on you spurs any win will do all

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭Rekop dog

Spurs
    Southampton victims of trying to play the right way when most clubs have a more realistic and pragmatic approach this season and while Southampton have better ability in their side it's still not enough to overcome more shrewd tactics. If they go at this the way they did against Spurs last time out it's hard to not see another spanking.

• Advertisement

Silva to saints?

Advertisement