Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

General Premier League Thread - 2017/2018

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

Man City
    Alfie mawson come to you Swansea

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,966 ✭✭✭Liamalone

Arsenal
    Haha Swansea player gets a busted nose from his own player celebrating the opener against Liverpool.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

van Djik needs to take a huge share of the blame for that goal.

Awful clearance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Arsenal
    Paully D wrote: »
    van Djik needs to take a huge share of the blame for that goal.

Awful clearance.

Ya without doubt. Terrible clearance.

Man City
    Liverpool players are trying kick Swansea off the pitch, same old Liverpool always cheating

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Nice to see it hasn’t taken long for the Klopp effect to rub off on the 120 million pound centre back

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭Rekop dog

Spurs
    Win lose or draw here Swansea will be just fine this season.

Man City
    Matip should have got a second yellow card by now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Berserker

Rekop dog wrote: »

Think so? They've been woeful for most the season and they have some serious ground to make up on fourth from bottom. Not sure what you are playing at tonight. Expected you to play them off the park.

• Advertisement

Man City
    Big Tom Carroll about to be swapped for little speey dyer

Arsenal
    Jeez Mane, he never touched your legs yet they somehow give way, heels flying up towards his buttocks. Laughable.

Man City
    Same old mane always diving,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭JPA

Huh? I see replicas of Villa and Sunderland here, owners with no interest in investment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭Rekop dog

Spurs
    JPA wrote: »
    Huh? I see replicas of Villa and Sunderland here, owners with no interest in investment.

Yeah they've been quite unlucky on certain occasions I've seen them. Think they've more about them than at least three sides. All the promoted sides have worrying trajectories right now and not a whole lot of experience of a relegation battle

Time for Liverpool to get their act together or they are going to waste a great chance to put daylight between Spurs and themselves.
    Yeah they've been quite unlucky on certain occasions I've seen them. Think they've more about them than at least three sides. All the promoted sides have worrying trajectories right now and not a whole lot of experience of a relegation battle

I think Huddersfield will get relegated. Brighton and Newcastle will stay up, just. Wonder if Jurgen is planning on giving his best mate some help next week. I'd be worried about that if I was a Liverpool fan. The old gremlins against the lesser sides are still there by the looks of things.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Berserker wrote:
    Time for Liverpool to get their act together or they are going to waste a great chance to put daylight between Spurs and themselves.

Too late they could stay the night there and won't score. If this were 3 or 4 days after the City game I'd understand the lethargic performance but it's quite grim bringing in Danny Ings to pinch a goal.

ERG89 wrote: »
    Too late they could stay the night there and won't score. If this were 3 or 4 days after the City game I'd understand the lethargic performance but it's quite grim bringing in Danny Ings to pinch a goal.

Yeah, it's a very strange performance. I thought they'd hammer this lot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 419 ✭✭Noel82

Hard to fathom how Swansea are bottom after that performance

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,814 ✭✭✭irishman86

Everton
    Joe Gomez is terrible with the ball
    What happened to that other young lad they had at right back
    He at least had a cross in him

irishman86 wrote: »

Lallana's first touch is worse again. Guessing it's due to a lack of games.

• Advertisement

Arsenal
    What happened to that other young lad they had at right back
    He at least had a cross in him

Flanagan? Think he's on litter picking duty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

LOL

• Everton
    As if this day couldn't get any better

Thank you Swansea :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Everton
    What a victory for football today has been

Everton
    Liamalone wrote: »
    Flanagan? Think he's on litter picking duty.

No he was young
    Scored a free kick
    Commentator blaming Firmino for missing with a great header and ignoring Lallana missing a open goal :pac:

Arsenal
    No he was young
    Scored a free kick
    Commentator blaming Firmino for missing with a great header and ignoring Lallana missing a open goal :pac:

Trent Alexander Arnold? Dunno where he is

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Most exciting attacking team in the league shyte the bed against the worst team in the league, you've been Klopped.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,489 ✭✭✭Ordinary man

at least the transfer window is open for liverpool.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Liverpool
    No he was young
    Scored a free kick

Arnold?

Lallana was shocking but you'd expect Firmino to put that away.

Man City
    Deserved win for the swans .

Klopp in! Wenger in! Maourinho in!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,867 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Liverpool need a proper centre forward imo. Firmino not reliable enough a goalscorer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

davycc wrote: »
    Deserved win for the swans .

Klopp in! Wenger in! Maourinho in!

2 of those 3 are ahead of you boys....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 246 ✭✭Urindanger

They beat the best team in the league, next week they lose to the worst team in the league. It's almost too hard to believe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,388 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Liverpool
    No he was young
    Scored a free kick

Treat Alexander Arnold. He got injured but is just back about two weeks.

Man City
    2 of those 3 are ahead of you boys....

We have Toby alderwald coming back to full fitness very soon, plenty of time for us to turn these stupid draws into comprehensive victorys and we can go on long winning streaks again.

All to play for up including second spot, sadly I can't see anyone catching city this season, even an improved Manu with Sanchez

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

To be fair Liverpool are still the second best team in the league, despite being 4th

It’s scientificly proven

Man City
    To be fair Liverpool are still the second best team in the league, despite being 4th

It’s scientificly proven

We(spurs) best Liverpool 4_1 so scientifically proven that poor Swansea are only 25% as good as us, yet they still passed Liverpool off the pitch...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,404 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Liverpool need a proper centre forward imo. Firmino not reliable enough a goalscorer

Andy Carroll would suit them ....... Oops.:pac::D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

Everton
    We(spurs) best Liverpool 4_1 so scientifically proven that poor Swansea are only 25% as good as us, yet they still passed Liverpool off the pitch...

As a United fan I feel bad. When we beat Swansea 4-0 at their place Swansea were a load of dung and our win meant nothing. Now however Swansea are clearly a very strong defensive unit with the ability to catch you out with a schneaky goal. Losing by a goal is clearly better than winning by 3 or 4 man. How can you not see this??:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,113 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

Liverpool

I was saying that in the City Liverpool match thread and was shot down and tried to explain that he works hard but does not deliver enough goals to lead the line.

Andy Carroll would suit them ....... Oops.:pac::D
    And if not him then peter crouch...

Everton

Uh so much wrong
    Firmino is the most important forward for Liverpool

Man City
    And if not him then peter crouch...

Rickey Lambert must be awaiting the phone call from Klopp before the window slams shot again

Uh so much wrong
    Firmino is the most important forward for Liverpool
    I’m not saying to drop him...

Everton

Firmino playing where is plays is why Salah this season and Mane last are so affective
    Drop him further back and Mane has to be dropped for this new forward
    Who is this striker available that is a improvement on Mane (Even though hes not been great)

• Advertisement

Firmino playing where is plays is why Salah this season and Mane last are so affective
    Drop him further back and Mane has to be dropped for this new forward
    Who is this striker available that is a improvement on Mane (Even though hes not been great)

I’m thinking play salah, mane and firmino as an interchangeable AM 3. For the striker, erm, break the world transfer& salary record to get lewandowski...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

Everton
    I was saying that in the City Liverpool match thread and was shot down and tried to explain that he works hard but does not deliver enough goals to lead the line.

Did I miss soenthing. Is he not part of the fab four that before tonihht were free scoring and the greatest thing since sliced bread.

Everton
    I’m thinking play salah, mane and firmino as an interchangeable AM 3. For the striker, erm, break the world transfer& salary record to get lewandowski...

So even less defence :pac:
    It might just be crazy enough to work

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Firminho is to Liverpool's game plan what ederson is to city. Doesn't matter if they're not the best goal scorer or shot stopper. Their essential to their teams coherency.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

We have Toby alderwald coming back to full fitness very soon, plenty of time for us to turn these stupid draws into comprehensive victorys and we can go on long winning streaks again.

All to play for up including second spot, sadly I can't see anyone catching city this season, even an improved Manu with Sanchez

Well that is the motto of spurs tbh , we can do it we can do it then they fall apart. Been the same story with spurs for years and well always an excuse

• Advertisement
Advertisement