Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Windows 10 update

• 15-06-2017 3:49pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 674 ✭✭✭

Hi there,

So today my laptop started a windows 10 update - and I have got a warning/message stating 'some apps need to be uninstalled' (see attached picture)

I am wary continuing as don't want to uninstall the BIOS - has anyone else come across this?

Should I continue?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,345 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Do you have an AMD processor in your laptop?

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install/windows-10-creators-update-and-amd-carrizo-a10/21acad03-dc6f-4179-8d09-4eb7139cf8f6

You should be able to update your BIOS through the HP assistant program and then install the Win10 Update.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

Get the latest BIOS from the HP website and try the update again.

What is the exact model of the laptop?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 674 ✭✭✭karkar athlete

Thanks everyone!

I had a look there and my BIOS is F.17 and I am after downloading F.45 - I think that is where the problem is! Checked for updates and it still never picked it up - had to download it manually!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

You should look at updating your other drivers while your at it.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Thanks everyone!

I had a look there and my BIOS is F.17 and I am after downloading F.45 - I think that is where the problem is! Checked for updates and it still never picked it up - had to download it manually!

You wouldn't pick up a BIOS update when you check for updates- its more fundamental that the operating system. The message says you should be good to go- after you do the update.

• Advertisement
Advertisement