Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The try harder if ye want to keep a second joke thread thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,874 ✭✭✭Edgware

Danny Welback, Man Utd and Brighton, His father was a bomb disposal officer in Belfast, Stan Welback.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,161 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

What has 2 wings and a halo?

A Chinese phone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 605 ✭✭✭upupup

everlast75 wrote: »

A Chinese phone

Wery funny.

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

A group of four and half year olds in a Dublin primary school,were trying very hard to become accustomed to school. The biggest hurdle they faced was that the teacher insisted on NO baby talk!

"You need to use 'Big People' words," she was always reminding them. "Liam,what did you do over the weekend?"
    "I went to visit my Nana."
    "No, Liam,you went to visit your GRANDMOTHER. Use 'Big People' words!!”

She then asked Seamus what he had done.
    "I took a ride on a choo-choo."
    "No, Seamus, you took a ride on a TRAIN. You must remember to use 'Big People' words," she said.

She then asked little Paddy what he had done.
    "I read a book," he replied.
    "That's WONDERFUL Paddy”the teacher said,”and what book did you read?"
    Little Paddy thought very hard for a moment, then puffed out his chest with great pride and said, "Winnie the SHI*T"!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

A Chinese phone

That’s wacist!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,608 ✭✭✭✭The Princess Bride

When I was a teen, I had "Madness" and The Specials" tattooed on my arm.
    I want to get both removed now, but I think it might leave a ska.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,831 ✭✭✭RobMc59

BREAKING NEWS:MAN DIES AFTER FALLING INTO GIANT COFFEE VAT.

His wife told reporters:`he did`nt suffer,it was instant.`

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

anyone remember this schoolyard joke from many moons back?? ...

A woman wants to impress her boyfriend who's a big Beatles fan by getting two tattoos of John Lennon & Paul McCartney each side of her fanny

when she gets back to the flat to surprise him she lifts up her skirt and says "look at these" ...the boyfriend responds "who are they??" its Lennon & McCartney she replies disappointingly..."but they don't look anything like them" her boyfriend says

so eager to get a second opinion she goes out onto the street and asks the first person she meets who they think the tattoos are..and first person she comes across is an elderly drunk and he says "well i don't know about dem two but the one in the middle looks like Finbar Furey" :P

A Chinese phone

That’s wacist!!

Just sold my homing pigeons on ebay!

Third time this week..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

fryup wrote: »
    anyone remember this schoolyard joke from many moons back?? ...

A woman wants to impress her boyfriend who's a big Beatles fan by getting two tattoos of John Lennon & Paul McCartney each side of her fanny

when she gets back to the flat to surprise him she lifts up her skirt and says "look at these" ...the boyfriend responds "who are they??" its Lennon & McCartney she replies disappointingly..."but they don't look anything like them" her boyfriend says

so eager to get a second opinion she goes out onto the street and asks the first person she meets who they think the tattoos are..and first person she comes across is an elderly drunk and he says "well i don't know about dem two but the one in the middle looks like Finbar Furey" :P
    Billy Connolly in the version I heard back in prehistoric times.

^^^^the scottish version :P

the english version - dave lee travis, the welsh version - max boyce

fryup wrote: »
    ^^^^the scottish version :P

the english version - dave lee travis, the welsh version - max boyce

The version I heard was grizzly adams:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭ArnoldJRimmer

RobMc59 wrote: »

The version I heard involved Ian Paisley and his wife, tattoos of king billy and the queen, and a punchline of Gerry Adams

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,483 ✭✭✭✭blade1

RobMc59 wrote: »

West Cork?

blade1 wrote: »
    West Cork?

Liverpool

frag420 wrote: »
    That’s wacist!!

Wazy lacism

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Clem pulled over the car by the side of the road and showed Jed where he'd first had sex. "It was right down there by that tree. I remember the day plainly. It was a warm summer day. She and I were so much in love. We walked down to the tree and made love for hours," Clem recalled.
    "That sounds wonderful," said Jed.
    "Yes. It was okay until I looked up and noticed her mother was standing right there watching us."
    "Oh my God! What did her mother say when she saw you making love to her daughter?"
    "Baaaaa..."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,253 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

The Chairman of IKEA was just elected Prime Minister in Sweden.

He should have his cabinet together by the end of the weekend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,103 ✭✭✭joeguevara

Me: "I think I'll open this drawer."

Potato masher: "The fcuk you will."

• Advertisement

George says to Harry "My mate came off his motorbike today."
    "Oh really?" Says Harry.
    "Yes" George answers. "He has brain damage, 2 broken arms and is blind
    in one eye!"
    Harry says, "Bloody hell, no wonder he came off!"

If you’re in consonant, that means you have loose vowels.

Sad news from the Nestlé factory today as a man was crushed to death by hundreds of boxes of chocolate.

He tried in vain to attract attention, but every time he yelled 'The Milky Bars are on me!', people just cheered :(

Sad news from the Nestlé factory today as a man was crushed to death by hundreds of boxes of chocolate.

He tried in vain to attract attention, but every time he yelled 'The Milky Bars are on me!', people just cheered :(

Sounds like he got his just deserts, Death by Chocolate!

FOR SALE

PHILIPS T.V.

(Well he wont need it)

An alcoholic wakes up in jail. He asks the first police officer he sees "why am I here?" The officer replies "for drinking" The man replies "great, when do we start?"

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,550 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

I managed to get both my parents into the same Nursing home.

A bit of revenge for them divorcing when I was six.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,598 ✭✭✭✭M.T. Cranium

What did everyone say to Harry at the funeral?

"You're meghan us angry bro."

Tottenham joining a European super league is like Bananaman getting called up as an Avenger..

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,550 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Kier Starmer walks into a pub...

I’m not saying there are microchips in the vaccines, but my right arm just told me it will be updating tonight between midnight and 2 a.m.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,639 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

A good looking man walked into an agent's office in Hollywood and said "I want to be a movie star." Tall, handsome and with experience on Broadway, he had the right credentials.
    The agent asked, "What's your name?"
    The guy said, "My name is Penis van Lesbian."
    The agent said, "Sir, I hate to tell you this, but in order to get into Hollywood, you are going to have to change your name."
    "I will NOT change my name! The van Lesbian name is centuries old, I will not disrespect my grandfather by changing my name. Not ever."
    The agent said, "Sir, I have worked in Hollywood for years... you will NEVER go far in Hollywood with a name like Penis van Lesbian! I'm telling you, you will HAVE TO change your name or I will not be able to represent you." "So be it! I guess we will not do business together" the guy said and he left the agent's office.
    FIVE YEARS LATER..... The agent opens an envelope sent to his office. Inside the envelope is a letter and a cheque for $50,000. The agent is awe-struck, who would possibly send him $50,000? He reads the letter enclosed...
    "Dear Sir, Five years ago, I came into your office wanting to become an actor in Hollywood, you told me I needed to change my name. Determined to make it with my God-given birth name, I refused. You told me I would never make it in Hollywood with a name like Penis van Lesbian. After I left your office, I thought about what you said and I decided you were right, I had to change my name. I had too much pride to return to your office, so I signed with another agent. I would never have made it without changing my name, so the enclosed cheque is a token of my appreciation.
    Thank you for your advice.
    Sincerely,
    Dick van Dyke.

^^^^^^^^^^^
    that joke dates back to the ark

here's a more up to date one...

Bishop Casey walks into a pub in Galway and asks the Barman has he "any murphy?"

My wife and I have reached the difficult decision that we do not want children.

If anybody does, please just send me your contact details and we can drop them off tomorrow.

Donate one kidney and you are a hero

When you try and donate five the shouting starts :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

I was in Russia listening to a stand-up comedian making fun of Putin. The jokes weren't that good, but I liked the execution.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 452 ✭✭Sharpyshoot

My post count is no joke.

I was shocked when I found out my toaster was not waterproof.

I went to one of those positive thinking classes last night. . .
    It was crap

I just ordered that on-line publication, "Make Money at Home," and got a confirmation e-mail. It reads ...

"Thanks for purchasing our book. See, it works."

• Advertisement

Just back from the doctor's who suggested I need an earring made.

What a strange thing to say..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 605 ✭✭✭upupup

Three weeks ago I sent my hearing aids in for repair... I've heard nothing since.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭ArnoldJRimmer

I went to the doctor and told him that I have been hearing problems

He said, 'Ok, can you describe the symptoms?'

I said, 'Well Homer is fat, and Marge has blue hair..'

What!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭iamstop

What!

I see hear what you did there!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Sheridan81

Suckit wrote: »
    I went to one of those positive thinking classes last night. . .
    It was crap

You should try going to a motivational seminar instead.

Was going to go myself but couldn't be bothered in the end.

Knock knock!

Who's there?

Police!

Police who?

Police BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG!

Sorry, wrong house!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,608 ✭✭✭✭The Princess Bride

I'm very proud to have finished my 7th marathon in 7 days.

Or 'snickers' as they're now called.

Uh oh, four days with no jokes.

That is no laughing matter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,483 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Uh oh, four days with no jokes.

That is no laughing matter.

You're not the only M.T. Cranium around here! :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement