Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mortgage and Moving Jobs

Options
  • 15-06-2017 5:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭

I'm thinking about leaving a permanent teaching job and moving home to start another teaching job which will hopefully turn into a permanent job in a few years.

However I also want to get a mortgage to build a house back home. I wont get a mortgage without my permanency so I am just wondering if I start the process now (before I give up my permanent job) would this work?

Or do I have to let the bank know if my employment changes etc?
    Do I have to tell them where I am building/buying? i.e. if I say my permanent job is in one county and my house is going to be built in another they might start asking questions etc.

Essentially what is the best route to go about this? or do I just have to wait until I become permanent again?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭LincolnHawk

You have to tell the bank if your employment status changes, or it's fraud.
    They will need the site information too of course.
    Basically you can't attempt to secure a mortgage with false information

• Registered Users Posts: 7 legra

You have to tell the bank if your employment status changes, or it's fraud.
    They will need the site information too of course.
    Basically you can't attempt to secure a mortgage with false information

I'm not sure if the OP is intending to commit fraud or provide false information. I'm in a similar situation. I'm living and working in one county at the moment. Have just received mortgage approval for a house we are buying in another county. This was never questioned!!
    I'm a teacher in a permanent job. I don't want to give up my permanency so will probably have to commute for a while as there are no permanent jobs to apply for. If my employment status changes I will notify the bank but will have bought my house and be paying back my mortgage by then.

Advertisement