Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New BOI Account Activation

Options
  • 15-06-2017 6:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭

Hi,

I have created a new bank account with BOI and received a text message advising to call 1890-365-500 to activate 365 online. After 25 minutes of wait I have got connected with one of your representative and when about to complete the activation the call got disconnected and I haven't received a call back!

I have called back and waited for another 30 mins and end up running out of my balance but did not get connected. The waiting time for such a small process is more than an hour with spending more than €15.

Could you please call me back on my phone number and activate my 365 online please?

Thanks,
    Varatha

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭Varatha

Varatha wrote: »
    Hi,

I have created a new bank account with BOI and received a text message advising to call 1890-365-500 to activate 365 online. After 25 minutes of wait I have got connected with one of your representative and when about to complete the activation the call got disconnected and I haven't received a call back!

I have called back and waited for another 30 mins and end up running out of my balance but did not get connected. The waiting time for such a small process is more than an hour with spending more than €15.

Could you please call me back on my phone number and activate my 365 online please?

Thanks,
    Varatha
    Any advise on this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Elaine

Hi,

Thanks,
    Varatha
    Good Afternoon Varatha, 

Thank you for getting in touch with us. 

I'm extremely sorry to hear of the difficulty you've experienced while trying to get set up for online banking. We're aware that this team were experiencing a large volume of calls. I've tested the line just now and can confirm that there is currently no hold time and if you ring now you will get through immediately. Alternately, they are available till 8pm this evening. You can also contact them on 012500437 and depending on your mobile package this call maybe cheaper. 

Thank you for your feedback and we will pass this onto our team. 

Elaine 

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭Varatha

Hi,

Thanks,
    Varatha
    Good Afternoon Varatha, 

I'm extremely sorry to hear of the difficulty you've experienced while trying to get set up for online banking. We're aware that this team were experiencing a large volume of calls. I've tested the line just now and can confirm that there is currently no hold time and if you ring now you will get through immediately. Alternately, they are available till 8pm this evening. You can also contact them on 012500437 and depending on your mobile package this call maybe cheaper. 

Elaine 
    Thanks Elaine. That's been activated now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Nicola

Hi,

Thanks,
    Varatha
    Good Afternoon Varatha, 

Elaine 
    Thanks Elaine. That's been activated now.
    Great Varatha, I'm glad to hear that. Please get in touch with us here again if you need anything else.

Thanks
    Nicola

Advertisement