Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Scheduled Harbour?

• 15-06-2017 6:30pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭

Can anyone tell me what exactly is a "Scheduled Harbour " as referred to by a local authority/ county council? Also, is there a list or database of such harbours. Can't find any information online or on my local county council website. Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,584 ✭✭✭✭Steve

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,511 ✭✭✭✭Victor

That list may have been amended in the meantime.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,108 ✭✭✭pedroeibar1

AFAIK a ‘scheduled harbour’ relates to one which has been transferred from central government to a Local Authority. A means of raising cash from moorings, etc. There is a more recent Harbour Act. I'm not sure if KerryCoCo have progressed form this - I put down my own mooring years ago and have not yet heard anything.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭sogood

AFAIK a ‘scheduled harbour’ relates to one which has been transferred from central government to a Local Authority. A means of raising cash from moorings, etc. There is a more recent Harbour Act. I'm not sure if KerryCoCo have progressed form this - I put down my own mooring years ago and have not yet heard anything.
    This is my reason for asking. My mooring was professionally I stalled by a very reputable company, who have since been contacted by Kerry co co asking about planning permission .
    Waiting to hear from them. I suspect that I may finish up as the only boater with planning permission! We shall see. Thanks to all for the responses.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,761 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

sogood wrote: »
    This is my reason for asking. My mooring was professionally I stalled by a very reputable company, who have since been contacted by Kerry co co asking about planning permission .
    Waiting to hear from them. I suspect that I may finish up as the only boater with planning permission! We shall see. Thanks to all for the responses.

I would be interested to know if Kerry CoCo own the foreshore licence for the area where the mooring is laid. If so then they are due fees and might collect, but if not...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 952 ✭✭✭hytrogen

Tabnabs wrote:
    I would be interested to know if Kerry CoCo own the foreshore licence for the area where the mooring is laid. If so then they are due fees and might collect, but if not...

Typically a coco are responsible up to the MHWS mark on a chart / map so anything found or constructed inside that needs planning permission as we've see with our counterparts challenge in Balbriggan?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭sogood

Further enquiries to the Co Co suggest the location of the mooring may be questionable. They told me that planning permission isn't needed. Awaiting an update/ details. Will keep you informed.

Advertisement