Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gaggia Crema Filter pin

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 202 ✭✭livingthedream

Hi,

Watermark in CityWest Business Park should have them, I think they are (or at least were) the Gaggia distributor in Ireland?

In any case, I wouldn't bother :) . I'd just buy a regular basket for your poratafilter.

OR you could look at setting up one of these an post uk delivery addresses and order from Amazon:
    https://addresspal.anpost.ie/

~LTD.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Hi,

Watermark in CityWest Business Park should have them, I think they are (or at least were) the Gaggia distributor in Ireland?

In any case, I wouldn't bother :) . I'd just buy a regular basket for your poratafilter.

OR you could look at setting up one of these an post uk delivery addresses and order from Amazon:
    https://addresspal.anpost.ie/

~LTD.

Regular basket all the way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,007 ✭✭✭mad m

Sorry I'm a bit of a noob, I bought a Gaggia Classic recently I think I have a regular basket actually two that came with it (double,single pop out basket), thought you needed one of these cream filter pin things to go in end of portafilter.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,002 Mod ✭✭✭✭Planet X

I have a new version Classic.
    Pin not needed contrary to what some people say. Use the unpressurised basket also.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,007 ✭✭✭mad m

Planet X wrote: »
    I have a new version Classic.
    Pin not needed contrary to what some people say. Use the unpressurised basket also.

Sorry but how do I tell between baskets I have...Gaggia I got is 2nd hand. made in 2005. Came with two baskets

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,002 Mod ✭✭✭✭Planet X

Got mine new.

One basket with only one tiny hole in the middle, pressurised basket.
    One basket with holes all over, non pressurised.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 202 ✭✭livingthedream

Believe me, if you use a pressurised basket without the little plastic 'crema' thingy you will know all about it!!
    (Certainly on my one which is probably 6-7 years old).

~LTD.

Advertisement