Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Closing my account from the U.S.

Options
  • 15-06-2017 7:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

I am trying to close my Bank of Ireland account as I opened it last January 2016 while I was studying abroad in Cork and now I have been back in America for the last year and I haven't logged in to my account since May 2016. I completed a closure account form but I don't know if it went through. I can't remember my pin number for my 365 online banking account. I also just completed an updated information form because I was emailed in regards to Ireland's revenue service. I provided my Tax Identification number but I should really just close my account because I am not living in Ireland anymore however I cannot get into my online banking account to update my information. I tried calling but was on hold for a while. Should I just send a letter to the branch I opened it with at UCC to ask them to close it?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Elaine

Good Afternoon mkfitz31, 

Thank you for getting in touch with us here and welcome to Boards.ie

As you've mentioned that you completed an account closure form previously, the account may already be closed. When this happens we will issue a letter to your address to confirm this has been completed. However, if your address at the time was in Ireland, you may not have received this. To confirm if this has been completed, you can call our team on +353 1404 4000 and a representative can help. 

If the account is still open, you can post a letter to your branch to request closure. You can find your branch address details here on our website. 

For more information on our account closure process just click this link

I hope this helps and if you need anything else, please let me know. 

Thanks, 
    Elaine 

Advertisement