Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Removal of half day

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,956 ✭✭✭mikemac2

pilly wrote: »
    Different kettle of fish in Ireland. Drinking is not frowned upon as much as in the UK.

The Brits are famous for their tradition of lunchtime pints! It's the done thing. I did it myself when working there

And for all the years I worked in Ireland I never saw work staff go for lunchtime pints

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Ben Gadot

mikemac2 wrote: »
    The Brits are famous for their tradition of lunchtime pints! It's the done thing. I did it myself when working there

And for all the years I worked in Ireland I never saw work staff go for lunchtime pints

It happens. Well, depends on the company. When we were still an Irish company some workers were relaxed about having a Friday lunchtime pint....and this would be in a pub that would serve carvery that management would frequent!

Then we were bought over by a multi national and that was the end of it. Some cultures are more relaxed and flexible than others.

When I listen to what the OP is saying in regards to perks such as paid half days and also his or her specific phrasing, I've a fair idea of what the job is. If I'm correct the OP has no chance of fixing things on his own in regards to work culture and behaviour. Best thing you can do OP is not punish the others and find a way to warn your man firmly to have a bit more cop on, especially if his actions end up hurting everyone else. I find that last bit usually puts the sh1t up people.

Advertisement