Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

At the end of my rope..

• 15-06-2017 8:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭

I'm just not sure what to do anymore.

The last 9 months have been absolute hell for me, and it doesn't seem to be letting up.

My current situation is as follows. I'm unemployed, over-weight, diagnosed with Dysthemic Chronic depression, and GAD. I also experience a perception disorder called de-realization and de-personalisation which alone, would be amazingly difficult to deal with. Parts of my family are crumbling and separating and I feel like I've no where to turn to.

I've been trying so hard to find work, getting to the final round of at least 7 jobs, but for one reason or another, it was given to someone else or they didn't think I was fit. I've had to move out of home as my parent's relationship has got so toxic, it was contributing to my mental health.

I moved to my Aunts, but as she suffers from mental health issues too, I'm finding I can't stay with her anymore either. I've no other family in the country and finding my own accommodation has been as difficult as finding work.

Social welfare keeps me tied to the country (I've a brother who lives outside of Ireland who I could stay with). I know I only have the choice of persisting and pushing on, but when you can't see a way forward, how do you deal with it?

Thanks for listening.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Airyfairy12

Why dont you go stay with your brother? Could you try get a job were he lives?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭Wesser

Hi Teddi.
    There is always Hope!

I think all your conditions are inter related and you should not list them out as though they are separate.thatll just make you feel bad. Xx
    If you make a clean break of it you can go and stay with your sibling?
    But try to get a job there first .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 348 ✭✭ifElseThen

There's a book The Tipping Point: How Little Things Can Make a Big Difference which had a story with a woman whose life seemed stacked against her. The gist of it is she gave up smoking, got fit, money saved from not smoking allowed her to go back to college.
    The theme of the book is small changes in one area of your life can have a knock-on effect on other parts of your life.

Out of what you detail, "over-weight" seems like something you can change in the short to medium term.

By losing the weight, you'll likely gain confidence and get out of the rut.

Getting up and going for a run or the gym or a swim each day will also give some structure to your day while unemployed.

Would further education be an option for you if you can't find a job?

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭via4

Go to your swo you can still go to another country and get your payment into your bank as far as I'm aware for so many weeks there is a little bit of hope there all is not lost don't worry

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭dar100

Ask the person that gave you the diagnosis to link you in with a counsellor and case manager!!

It sounds like there is a number of issues that one discipline on its own will not be able to manage, if you are already in medication you also need psychosocial supports!!

One step at a time, wishing you well

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Kidchameleon

ifElseThen wrote: »
    There's a book The Tipping Point: How Little Things Can Make a Big Difference

Im going through this book at the moment it was loaned to me by a good lad. I highly reccomend it to the op

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭Red F Warrior

IrishTeddi wrote:
    My current situation is as follows. I'm unemployed, over-weight, diagnosed with Dysthemic Chronic depression, and GAD. I also experience a perception disorder called de-realization and de-personalisation which alone, would be amazingly difficult to deal with. Parts of my family are crumbling and separating and I feel like I've no where to turn to.

I've also suffered from de-personalisation and it can be he'll but what ya have to realise is your anxiety is feeding into it and the more you think of it the worse it gets. As hard as it is, ya gotta just relax about it, not worry about it and let it be there and it will eventually leave ya. Are you on medication?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭greencap

One small victory each day.

Things may not be great, but at least I ... (have a clean room) (am washed and well dressed) (ate a bit healthier today) .... and so on.

Advertisement