Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anybody in Ireland sourcing bikes?

• 15-06-2017 8:42pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭sonic85

How's things lads?

Just wondering if anybody knows of a dealer or a good reliable person who sources bikes? I've been on the lookout for a bike for a while now but can't find one id be happy with. Would be handy if there was someone with experience of bringing in bikes to order that could take the hassle out of it!

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

:confused:.......what happens if they get you a bike and you dont like it..??

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Blanchy90

JR MotorCycles in wexford imports bikes from the states

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,007 ✭✭✭✭GBX

What bike are you looking for?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭sonic85

I'm looking for a Triumph Street Triple R. The version from about 2013 on in white. I went out to the UK to look at one a while ago. It was fairly easy to get to from Birmingham and despite being described as in excellent condition - it wasn't!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

It doesnt do any harm to join forums of bikes you might be interested it..that way you can find the bad things and dealers...also the guys on these forums are buying and selling all the time and wouldnt screw each other...i found that when i bought a bike this way and it was mint

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,030 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

sonic85 wrote: »
    I'm looking for a Triumph Street Triple R. The version from about 2013 on in white. I went out to the UK to look at one a while ago. It was fairly easy to get to from Birmingham and despite being described as in excellent condition - it wasn't!

You need to deal solely with dealers and ask for plenty of pictures before you even think about going over. Anyone bringing in bikes will run the same risk on buying a heap as you. But if they bring it in you'll either have to buy or source yourself, because they aren't going to source a 2nd one.

There's plenty of reliable dealers and I know a good few people who've bought bikes unseen, but even the best can get unlucky.

The bike I went to see was in a dealer. I've sent a good few emails but anything that seems to be good is gone very quickly or the bikes are in the back ar$e of nowhere!

• Site Banned Posts: 1,765 ✭✭✭Pugzilla

There's a serious shortage of decent second hand bikes in Ireland. There was a huge drop in new bikes during the recession and its effect is being felt.

How's things lads?

Just wondering if anybody knows of a dealer or a good reliable person who sources bikes? I've been on the lookout for a bike for a while now but can't find one id be happy with. Would be handy if there was someone with experience of bringing in bikes to order that could take the hassle out of it!

Thanks
    I don't really see what the issue is, why would you pay someone to do what you can do yourself.

Go to autotrader uk and just buy one from a dealer off the pics and have it shipped back. Go back through my posts and not long ago I described exactly what to do and what shipping company to use.

Last 2 months I've had 2 mates buy bikes this way from dealers in the UK.

You have absolutely zero come back no matter what regardless of whether someone brings it in for you or you buy it direct.

If you want to take the hassle out of it tell me what bike you want and il bring it in for you for a finder's fee haha

• Site Banned Posts: 1,765 ✭✭✭Pugzilla

That's what turned me off buying from UK.

Plenty of bikes can look good in photos, but turn out to absolutely ****e when you view them in real life.

• Advertisement

I don't really see what the issue is, why would you pay someone to do what you can do yourself.

Go to autotrader uk and just buy one from a dealer off the pics and have it shipped back. Go back through my posts and not long ago I described exactly what to do and what shipping company to use.

Last 2 months I've had 2 mates buy bikes this way from dealers in the UK.

You have absolutely zero come back no matter what regardless of whether someone brings it in for you or you buy it direct.

If you want to take the hassle out of it tell me what bike you want and il bring it in for you for a finder's fee haha

There's no way in hell I'd buy a bike on photos alone. The one I went to see looked great in pictures but when I seen it in the flesh it was desperate. Deep scratch on the tank scuffed tailpiece and it looked like it hadn't been washed in quite a while. Rough out.

Personally I'd have to see it or at the very least have someone I'd trust take a gander for me. I just thought there might be someone out there that would be importing bikes from the UK regularly enough that could source one for me.

There's no way in hell I'd buy a bike on photos alone. The one I went to see looked great in pictures but when I seen it in the flesh it was desperate. Deep scratch on the tank scuffed tailpiece and it looked like it hadn't been washed in quite a while. Rough out.

Personally I'd have to see it or at the very least have someone I'd trust take a gander for me. I just thought there might be someone out there that would be importing bikes from the UK regularly enough that could source one for me.

Each to there own, the fireblade mate bought last month was 8k and was bought off pics alone but I suppose when your buying a newish bike there's less to look out for.

What bike do you want?

Each to there own, the fireblade mate bought last month was 8k and was bought off pics alone but I suppose when your buying a newish bike there's less to look out for.

What bike do you want?

I'm looking for a Triumph Street Triple R in white. The 2013 on model. There seems to be loads of them but the decent ones seem to be gone very quick. I'll keep looking something will turn up eventually!

I'm looking for a Triumph Street Triple R in white. The 2013 on model. There seems to be loads of them but the decent ones seem to be gone very quick. I'll keep looking something will turn up eventually!

Only advice I can give you from the two we bought was that we asked them to send more pics but the bikes were super clean , you can see straight away. Both nights from well known dealers.

Stuff like scratches will be seen if decent pics are taken although they are used bikes so they are gona have marks regardless

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,355 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

You can't see what colour it is when you're riding it. Pointless limiting yourself to a specific colour.

About 12 years ago I bought a bike from a UK dealer, did the deal sight unseen but flew over there and rode it back, the whole experience was top notch and I got a really good deal.

Scrap the cap!

Advertisement