Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Preparing for college after a year out.

Options
  • 15-06-2017 9:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭

Hi lads, did my Leaving Cert in 2016 but deferred my Arts course in Mary I until 2017. I've been meaning to start getting myself prepared having been away from education with a year and thought I might be able to get some help here.

I plan on doing English, Geography, French and Media & Communication Studies and was just wondering is there anything I could do to shake some rust? I've been working all year but had been doing weekly soccer writing for six months up until recently which I'm sure would help in regards to Media.

There is info about module content on the website but I'd appreciate if anyone here who is studying/has studied these subjects could give any helping hand regardless of where you have studied them.

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭EmmaH1997

Hi OP i;m in the same situation as you - took a year out and now trying to shake off rust before business studies with french in UL. French wise I plan on listening to a lot of french and for fun watching a show called public enemies on sky Atlantic lol. Also revising french verbs . My friends in NUIG (arts) and UL (app lang) tell me that they go over everything from scratch so I'm not too worried about it

Advertisement