Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish groceries in Manchester

Options
  • 15-06-2017 10:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭

So I moved to Manchester in February and was quite pleasantly surprised that one of the local butchers here in Urmston stocked a range of Irish food. 3 months later, the butchers closed down, leaving me Tayto-less.
    I'm not one of those people that will pine for anything from across the Irish Sea (there's more than enough good stuff here) but it was reassuring to know I could pop in for some proper crisps now and again.
    Anyone know where I would find Tayto etc. in Manchester now? Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭AfterDusk

cashback wrote:
    So I moved to Manchester in February and was quite pleasantly surprised that one of the local butchers here in Urmston stocked a range of Irish food. 3 months later, the butchers closed down, leaving me Tayto-less. I'm not one of those people that will pine for anything from across the Irish Sea (there's more than enough good stuff here) but it was reassuring to know I could pop in for some proper crisps now and again. Anyone know where I would find Tayto etc. in Manchester now? Thanks!

Asda Trafford Park has an Irish section just opposite where the milk is. Tayto, Club, Dairy milk and all sorts there 😊

• Registered Users Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭cashback

AfterDusk wrote: »
    Asda Trafford Park has an Irish section just opposite where the milk is. Tayto, Club, Dairy milk and all sorts there 😊

Ah, sounds good. Is that across the road from the Trafford Centre? Not far from me.

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭AfterDusk

Yeah it's on the Barton Square side of the Trafford Centre. The larger supermarkets all tend to have some form of Irish section and apparently Sainsbury's sell Hunky Dorys but I am yet to find them

Advertisement