Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Internet Provider Carpenterstown

Options
  • 16-06-2017 4:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 26

Hi! Just wondering Internet provider people are mainly using in the area and which has good or bad reception in the area?

thanks 😀

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,648 ✭✭✭✭beauf

What do you mean by best?

Virgin Media is the fastest, once you get them to bill you correctly. I find I get best result using my own WiFi router though.
    Eir is also good. Had less issues with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,505 ✭✭✭daymobrew

I've (only) had Virgin Medial since they arrived in the area over 10 years ago. Downtime is very, very rare. Speed is good. Contacting tech support used to be annoying but that has improved a lot - I love the online chat.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 lachouffe1

Great thanks for the info guys just wanted to make sure. I assume the mobile phone networks are all fairly good out there too in terms of signal?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭amtc

Out there? It's not outer Mongolia. I've had everyone from 3 to vodafone to eir..all much of a muchness. Using 3 at the moment. Used voda as a work phone and was good too. They pretty much all roam nationally so pick up strongest signal.

I use virgin for bb, parents use eir (nearer carpenterstown). Mine is much faster. However what annoys me is when it does go down you have to wait till a quota ring up to report a fault. Which when I'm working from...ironically on the national broadband plan...I had to zoom over to the office to upload by dept. Timeline.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

usually VB is fine. Although I've to buy an extender for the Wi-Fi.

Sky BB was too slow with the crappy phone lines in area.

Do not trust Eir, so wont go near them.

• Advertisement

cheers! just been living in the city centre for ever so castleknock is a bit out there for me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

lachouffe1 wrote: »
    cheers! just been living in the city centre for ever so castleknock is a bit out there for me!

It's very close to CC. 10-15 Mins by train and cheap enough in a taxi at 4am

Neighbours I have are sound, very nice quiet estate. Never seen any trouble, been living around here years now. Good area to raise kids also and 7 minute drive to blanch or a fast paced walk.

The area really has everything you need, so yes the houses could be pricey, but your paying for the locality, the park at your doorstep, good bus and rail network, selection of shops, just far enough away from the CC, yet very close to it.

Edit: sorry just seen this post should have been in the other thread!!!

lachouffe1 wrote: »

It's very close to CC. 10-15 Mins by train and cheap enough in a taxi at 4am

Neighbours I have are sound, very nice quiet estate. Never seen any trouble, been living around here years now. Good area to raise kids also and 7 minute drive to blanch or a fast paced walk.

The area really has everything you need, so yes the houses could be pricey, but your paying for the locality, the park at your doorstep, good bus and rail network, selection of shops, just far enough away from the CC, yet very close to it.

Edit: sorry just seen this post should have been in the other thread!!!

Haha thanks for your comments great to hear such positive feedback 😀 especially as we have now gone sale agreed in the area 😂 really looking forward to getting settled in kit there now...

which area are you living in BTW?

Advertisement