Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Experienced surveyor for Charlesland?

• 16-06-2017 10:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi,

My partner and I are living in Greystones the last few yrs and now looking to buy in the area. We are fairly priced out of new builds unfortunately and currently looking at Charlesland but I'm worried about the build quality due to local talk. Can anyone in the area give me a very honest opinion of life in Charlesland ... Even PM me if preferred. Any experienced and critical surveyors advised for the area??

Many thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,026 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

http://banahan.ie/about/ - good surveyor, knows Charlesland well too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭goose banker

I'll second Ciaran Banahan, knows his stuff and local too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 JoanneC14

Thanks! Good to know.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,598 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

JoanneC14 wrote: »
    currently looking at Charlesland but I'm worried about the build quality due to local talk. Can anyone in the area give me a very honest opinion of life in Charlesland ...

My sister and her husband own two properties in Charlesland. Build quality was appalling in both. The main issues (there are many minor issues) were the plumbing (now partially fixed), the insulation (or lack thereof) and the drafts.

Having spent a considerable amount of money they are very happy there.They especially like that it is very safe for kids and not far from Greystones.

Good idea to get a good surveyor.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 JoanneC14

All really useful to know, I guess we are aware of issues around plumbing, insulation and gas fires but don't want to end up in a property that costs a fortune down the line .....
    Asides from that it seems a good option for us and within our budget.

Cheers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26 alexnapier101

Hi there.

We moved to Charlesland about 2 years ago.

We used Banahan to get the survey done. It was very good and the property was on good order.

I suppose over the years most of the issues have been remedied. The quality of Charlesland was on par with other properties we viewed in our budget.

Overall we happy and have settled well.

Best of luck.

Advertisement