Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Travelling with Apple TV

Options
  • 16-06-2017 10:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,848 ✭✭✭

Has a body brought their box away and used it abroad ?
    Is it plug in and play ?

Heading off in a few weeks thought it might be handy for Netflix the odd evening or for the kids
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭Doodah7

Brought one to Florida a couple of years ago in a house we were renting. Connected it to the TV and the wi-fi and it worked perfectly. Just remember an adapter for the plug.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,848 ✭✭✭soundsham

tallpaul wrote: »
    Brought one to Florida a couple of years ago in a house we were renting. Connected it to the TV and the wi-fi and it worked perfectly. Just remember an adapter for the plug.

Thanks
    Sounds good

• Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭Cloudio9

Apple TV is plug and play but Netflix will only work if available in the country you're visiting and you'll receive the local catalogue, not Irish Netflix.

Cloudio9 wrote: »
    Apple TV is plug and play but Netflix will only work if available in the country you're visiting and you'll receive the local catalogue, not Irish Netflix.

Heading to Spain so hopefully there will be a few bits there to keep the kids Happy for the odd night

• Registered Users Posts: 4,773 ✭✭✭ablelocks

don't forget your remote....like i did.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭Doodah7

ablelocks wrote: »
    don't forget your remote....like i did.

If you have an iPhone you can use it as a remote.

tallpaul wrote: »
    If you have an iPhone you can use it as a remote.

not in the set-up phase from what i could see?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,457 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

not in the set-up phase from what i could see?

Make sure the Apple TV is switched on and connected to the network, have your iPad or iPhone connected (via Wi-Fi) to the same network.

Now install the app on the iPad or iPhone and run it. As part of the setup it will go looking for an Apple TV on the same network and hopefully find it.

When using the app afterwards, it's makes things simpler if you have the Apple TV switched on before you start the app.

coylemj wrote: »
    Make sure the Apple TV is switched on and connected to the network, have your iPad or iPhone connected (via Wi-Fi) to the same network.

Now install the app on the iPad or iPhone and run it. As part of the setup it will go looking for an Apple TV on the same network and hopefully find it.

When using the app afterwards, it's makes things simpler if you have the Apple TV switched on before you start the app.

yeah, i know. But when you bring the Apple TV to a new location, to get on the new network in the first place, you need the remote...as far as i could see...

• Registered Users Posts: 25,457 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

yeah, i know. But when you bring the Apple TV to a new location, to get on the new network in the first place, you need the remote...as far as i could see...

Yes, I can see the problem you were having - you need the remote to input the Wi-Fi password.

A possible solution is that if the broadband router is close to the TV, you could bring a network cable and wire it up, that should give you a network connection without a password and the remote app should then pick it up.

• Advertisement

Just a small update
    Plugged in connected to wi fi and it works as at home

Advertisement