Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

USB Power Bank

Options
  • 16-06-2017 10:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭Donie75

Hi,
    I'm looking to buy a high capacity USB power bank for charging Iphones and Ipads on the move. Ideally 20000mah+.
    Anyone seen any bargains. A lot of the Amazon ones say that they don't ship to Ireland.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,949 ✭✭✭fdevine

Picked up one of these recently. Not the cheapest or the most compact but is Quickcharge 3 enabled and has three outputs. Build quality is good and comes with a case and a long braided USB cable.

https://www.mymemory.co.uk/js-a2-20000mah-portable-phone-battery-charger.html

Similar Anker brand batteries are nearly twice the price on amazon. No issues with delivery from mymemory either.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,748 ✭✭✭degsie

Can I suggest you use the request forum.

Donie75 wrote: »
    Hi,
    I'm looking to buy a high capacity USB power bank for charging Iphones and Ipads on the move. Ideally 20000mah+.
    Anyone seen any bargains. A lot of the Amazon ones say that they don't ship to Ireland.

The Amazon ones won't ship because it's a battery and prohibited. You could use AddressPal to get around it I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭Donie75

Apologies, I meant to post in the request forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

Careful travelling with any of these, recently had to fly Turkey to UK and had to bin a smaller one :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭Kaizersoze81

Are these allowed on flights as carry on ? I'm flying tomorrow with a 10,000mh one and really don't want to have to bin it

• Registered Users Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

Should be fine as long as you carry on and you are not flying from restricted countries into UK or US.

I forgot turkey and others were put onto some stupid new laws flying into UK and US as I didn't originate on that trip from the UK I forgot however these new stupid laws could come in. We had additional search getting on plane too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,318 ✭✭✭davo2001

Are these allowed on flights as carry on ? I'm flying tomorrow with a 10,000mh one and really don't want to have to bin it

Have flown with my 10K mah battery several times with aer lingus, ryanair and emirates as recently as a couple of weeks ago, never had an issue. Just put it in the same tray as your phone for screening.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,949 ✭✭✭fdevine

Advertisement