Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Scammer - Claiming to be from the revenue

Options
  • 16-06-2017 10:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭

Got an automated call this morning to call revenue (the called form a Dublin number) to avoid prosecution, a scam obviously. 

Aside to reporting to revenue (Which I have) is there not anything that Eir can to to block and shutdown the number they are using ?

I assume they are using some VOIP service to get Dublin numbers and they are not actually located in Dublin.

What the best was to report these.

Now I am going to give them a call and waste their time s they have less of it scamming people, Scumbags.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 807 ✭✭✭eir: Anna

Hi irelandjoe,

Thanks for getting in touch with us today.

We are aware of a series of unsolicited email's and scam phone calls being received by members of the public. However, Im afraid we cannot block these numbers as we do not have the facilities to do so.

However, I would recommend contacting our Malicious Calls Bureau for best support on this. You can read more on this here https://www.eir.ie/online-safety/.

Thanks, 
    Anna.

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭daveyeh

eir: Anna wrote: »
    I would recommend contacting our Malicious Calls Bureau.
    Can you confirm that this bureau are not involved in making malicious calls please?

Hi daveyeh, 

Yes, I can confirm this.

Thanks, 
    Anna.

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭daveyeh

eir: Anna wrote: »
    Hi daveyeh, 

Yes, I can confirm this.

Thanks, 
    Anna.
    Thank you Anna. I get confused easily.

No problem, daveyeh.

Please feel free to get back in touch if you have any further queries.

Thanks, 
    Anna.

• Advertisement
Advertisement