Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RAS Scheme Query

Options
  • 16-06-2017 1:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭

Hi all, apolgies if this thread is already up, I can't see it.

I have started a new job (temp contract) and as such my rent supplement is on hold as I am deemed to work full time.

I was onto the rent unit who advised me if I contact the DCC and get a letter stating I am eligible for the RAS scheme they (rent unit) will release my payment and means test me.

I went to the council today and received two letters;

1) Dear X, your application for housing support has been assessed in accordance with the allocations scheme. Your position on the list is set out below.

2) Dear X, I refer to your application for social housing.

I wish to confirm that this assesment has now been completed and I am happy to inform you that your household (table below) is qualified for social housing.

Allocations office.

Does that qualify as a letter to state I am eligible for the RAS scheme?

I am confused as to which scheme I am on.

any help would be great :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,223 ✭✭✭Michael D Not Higgins

To be eligible for housing welfare payments, you need to be on the local authority's housing list. Your letter has confirmed you're on the list and you can show this to the DSP to allow your payment to be processed. They may transfer you to HAP (housing assistance payment) or the RAS scheme, but you'd need to clarify with them.

Advertisement