Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A good Plant identification app for Ireland

Options
  • 16-06-2017 1:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭

Hi team,

Can you recommend a good plant identification app applicable to Ireland / UK ? I see some apps charge to id a plant which I'm willing to accept if needs be.

Regards,
    T

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,444 ✭✭✭✭looksee

How would an ap id a plant? What basis would it use?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,498 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

looksee wrote: »
    How would an ap id a plant? What basis would it use?

There are plenty of apps that use photos to identify the plant.

Sorry OP never used one. I guess a UK based app will be reasonably good for use in Ireland.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,529 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

that would be a hell of an app, i woudl guess you'd be as well off with online resources, given the sheer number of plants which you could be looking at.

the UK woodland trust have an excellent app for IDing trees, and obviously ports easily to irish use.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭candlemouse

Thanks. Have reached out to the RHS London and await a reply. with the advance of technology does this mean the end of all of those plant books!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 730 ✭✭✭Achasanai

There are loads out there. One I use is mygardenanswers. It's okay, but to be honest, asking the more knowledgeable frequenters of this thread (or reddit, or other comparable garden forums) is much better in terms of answers and speed of identification.

• Advertisement
Advertisement