Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Agent or "person of trust" to carryout inspection

Options
  • 16-06-2017 2:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

Just a quick one. If a LL nominates an agent (non professional agent) or "person of trust" to carry out an inspection, should the LL name the individual? Can the individual required to present photo ID?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,223 ✭✭✭Michael D Not Higgins

I'd certainly want to know who was going to show up. I'd probably not demand photo ID though.

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭ElKavo

I'd certainly want to know who was going to show up. I'd probably not demand photo ID though.

Is there any legal requirement to name the party? I have no intention of letting a stranger into the house unless I at the very least can verify who they say they are.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 7,223 ✭✭✭Michael D Not Higgins

ElKavo wrote: »
    Is there any legal requirement to name the party? I have no intention of letting a stranger into the house unless I at the very least can verify who they say they are.

Thanks

Yes, 12 (e) of the RTA 2004.

"notify the tenant of the name of the person, if any, (the “authorised agent”) who is authorised by the landlord to act on his or her behalf in relation to the tenancy for the time being,"

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭ElKavo

Thank you.

Advertisement