Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Current account fees on childs rainbow account

Options
  • 16-06-2017 3:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Child was being charged Current account fees on his childs Rainbow account. Please advise on this as local branch were not aware of such charges but on checking his account confirmed that the charges were being made to his account, he is 12 years old. They advised me to close this rainbow account immediately and to open another second level account where they have assured me no charges will apply to his savings.

I want his account refuned with these charges.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Nicola

Rainbow4 wrote: »
    Child was being charged Current account fees on his childs Rainbow account. Please advise on this as local branch were not aware of such charges but on checking his account confirmed that the charges were being made to his account, he is 12 years old. They advised me to close this rainbow account immediately and to open another second level account where they have assured me no charges will apply to his savings.

I want his account refuned with these charges.
    Hi Rainbow4, thanks for getting in touch and welcome to Boards.ie

I'm sorry to hear this and I'd like to follow up on this here for you. When you were speaking with the branch did they advise you that they would be arranging a refund of these charges?

We've some information on our 2nd level account here.

Apologies again, thanks.
    Nicola

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Rainbow4

No Nicola the branch advised me to close Rainbow account asap to avoid charges ongoing and open second level account which I done.

No Nicola the branch advised me to close Rainbow account asap to avoid charges ongoing and open second level account which I done.
    Thanks Rainbow4, I'll follow up on this here for you. Please can you send me a PM with the following details:

- the name of the branch where the account was opened
    - your sons full name on the Rainbow account 
    - your own name and a contact phone number

Just click the link in my signature to send a PM, thanks. 

Nicola

Hi Nicola I cant seem to be able to get your Pm link on your signature

Hi Nicola I got link to Pm Bank of Ireland Nicola but when I went to send my message with all details it came up that you were not allowing Pm messages etc. Sorry

• Advertisement

Hi Nicola I got link to Pm Bank of Ireland Nicola but when I went to send my message with all details it came up that you were not allowing Pm  messages etc. Sorry
    Hi Rainbow4, I've sent you a PM from Bank of Ireland reps so if you could just reply to that one with the details and I'll follow up on this here for you.

Thanks
    Nicola

Hi Nicola I got link to Pm Bank of Ireland Nicola but when I went to send my message with all details it came up that you were not allowing Pm  messages etc. Sorry
    Hi Rainbow4, I've sent you a PM from Bank of Ireland reps so if you could just reply to that one with the details and I'll follow up on this here for you.

Thanks
    Nicola
    Hi Nicola, I sent you a PM to Bank of Ireland reps there now with details.

Thanks
    Eithne

Thanks
    Nicola

Thanks
    Eithne
    Hi Eithne, just wanted to give you an update and let you know that the fees are going to be refunded into his new account, I hope this helps but please let me know if you need anything else.

Apologies again, thanks.
    Nicola

Thanks
    Nicola

Thanks
    Eithne
    Hi Eithne, just wanted to give you an update and let you know that the fees are going to be refunded into his new account, I hope this helps but please let me know if you need anything else.

Apologies again, thanks.
    Nicola
    Thanks for sorting that Nicola much appreciated.

Regards
    Eithne

Advertisement