Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Carabao Cup (League Cup)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Berserker

PhilipsR wrote: »
    I wonder if Chelsea will get Bristol City in the draw.... It would be completely coincidental too obviously...

I would call Arsenal on that. They are incredibly lucky when it comes to draws in the domestic cup competitions. Take a look back at the draw that they had in the FA Cup last season.

See above.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,109 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Berserker wrote: »
    I would call Arsenal on that. They are incredibly lucky when it comes to draws in the domestic cup competitions. Take a look back at the draw that they had in the FA Cup last season.
    Look up
    1470833578.jpg

RoboKlopp wrote: »
    Mourinho bitter as ever. Bristol City lucky. Dry your tears Jose
    Here is the full quote but do continue your bitter tirade against Jose, it's funny :P

"They were a bit lucky. But they fought a lot to be lucky. They fought like it was the game of their lives. It was a brilliant day for football. Congratulations to them"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,109 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Here is the full quote but do continue your bitter tirade against Jose, it's funny :P

"They were a bit lucky. But they fought a lot to be lucky. They fought like it was the game of their lives. It was a brilliant day for football. Congratulations to them"

Do you think they were lucky Mick?

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭PhuckHugh

So bitter.

• Advertisement

Quazzie wrote: »
    Do you think they were lucky Mick?

Utd hit the post twice
    Must be unlucky for Utd? Lucky for Bristol perhaps?
    All games carry an element of luck I would assume.

We finished poorly too. That wasn't luck. Just poor finishing.

As I've said multiple times congrats to Bristol, as did Jose

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Well that's cheered me up :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Well that's cheered me up :)

Why were you upset? You ok? :pac:

Why were you upset? You ok? :pac:

Think he is a Liverpool fan who has just realised that it's not going to be their year. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭Decuc500

Mourinho quite gracious there actually.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

That is not the full quote. He mentioned the word luck several more times throughout the interview (and there were no leading questions)

Turtwig wrote: »
    That is not the full quote. He mentioned the word luck several more times throughout the interview (and there were no leading questions)

Taken directly from source. But if you can find more, be my guest

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,052 ✭✭✭SuperTortoise

That is'nt the full quote at all, you conveniently left out large chunks in the middle.

Here's the interview:

Decuc500 wrote: »
    Mourinho quite gracious there actually.

Careful, can't say that around here

That is'nt the full quote at all, you conveniently left out large chunks in the middle.

Here's the interview:

The man is cracking up.

Here's the interview:

I see no issue whatsoever with that. In fact the video shows it was very respectful but the hate for Jose is strong in here so it will be blown out of proportion.
    Some lads are rabbid pool fans who hate jose and that's ok
    Can't look at anything logically because of it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,378 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

https://twitter.com/BaguetteFC/status/943596153744044033

Can the FA look at this dive? One of the most blatant ones we will see this season.

Stole the tweet from the humour thread.

I see no issue whatsoever with that. In fact the video shows it was very respectful but the hate for Jose is strong in here so it will be blown out of proportion.
    Some lads are rabbis pool fans who hate jose and that's ok
    Can't look at anything logically because of it

That's fine, it's your opinion, you're entitled to one.

I found it to be very condescending, he gave them congrats but could'nt leave it at that, he had to throw in a few lucky this and thats just to take the shine off it. I would'nt mind if they were lucky tonight, but they were not, they just were the better team and wanted it more.

Maybe we're all looking at it logically and you have the Jose blinkers on? !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭Neamhshuntasach

Just don't mention that they were lucky if you really don't want to say they were lucky. Seemed quite condescending in that. His mouth may have been saying one thing but he was really saying something different.

emmetkenny wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/BaguetteFC/status/943596153744044033

Can the FA look at this dive? One of the most blatant ones we will see this season.

Stole the tweet from the humour thread.

Missed that in the game. That is shocking. Should be suspension for trying to deceive the ref. I assume it would carry over.

• Advertisement

That's fine, it's your opinion, you're entitled to one.

I found it to be very condescending, he gave them congrats but could'nt leave it at that, he had to throw in a few lucky this and thats just to take the shine off it. I would'nt mind if they were lucky tonight, but they were not, they just were the better team and wanted it more.

Maybe we're all looking at it logically and you have the Jose blinkers on? !

Jose's words are not mine btw

I've paid nothing but respect to bristols performance in this thread
    So not sure why you are trying to make it out like I have 'jose blinkers on' as you say

It's just typical blown out of proportion stuff from lads worked up or looking for a reaction let's be honest

Missed that in the game. That is shocking. Should be suspension for trying to deceive the ref. I assume it would carry over.

Shocking?? Sounds like you are exaggerating

It was a shocking dive.

It was a shocking dive.

Defender had his leg out. The angle is convenient. I'd expect nothing will come of it alas for all the abus wishing it would

It was a soft foul at best and he went down easy but to make out like it was some shocking dive is nonsical IMO

Go away out of that ffs. It was a shocking dive. He was well on his way to faceplanting himself before he got anywhere near a leg. As bad a dive as i've ever seen. And i've seen more angles since.

Go away out of that ffs. It was a shocking dive. He was well on his way to faceplanting himself before he got anywhere near a leg. As bad a dive as i've ever seen. And i've seen more angles since.

Nope, I don't agree

Defender had his leg out. The angle is convenient. I'd expect nothing will come of it alas for all the abus wishing it would

It was a soft foul at best and he went down easy but to make out like it was some shocking dive is nonsical IMO

Which defender? The one on the right pulls his leg back and is at least a foot away from Pogba.

The one in front turns around. Before any leg is near Pogba he has thrown himself to the ground.

Chances of a Man United, Liverpool, Man City or Arsenal player getting done for deceiving an official are very slim.

Which defender? The one on the right pulls his leg back and is at least a foot away from Pogba.

The one in front turns around. Before any leg is near Pogba he has thrown himself to the ground.

The one with his back to him, look closely he sticks his leg out

• Advertisement

The one with his back to him, lock closely he sticks his leg out

His leg comes out to turn around quicker. Before that leg comes out Pogba is already in the air for a summersault.

You must be smoking crack Mick. He literally jumps into him and it's blatantly obvious.

His leg comes out to turn around quicker. Before that leg comes out Pogba is already in the air for a summersault.

I've already said he went down easy but again you were originally making out like it's the worst you have seen all season
    So I feel you are completely exaggerating as are others
    Nothing will come of it is say

I've already said he went down easy but again you were originally making out like it's the worst you have seen all season
    So I feel you are completely exaggerating as are others
    Nothing will come of it is say

It is one of the worst dives of the season.

You must be smoking crack Mick. He literally jumps into him and it's blatantly obvious.

No I'm not smoking crack, it's an addictive drug

It's not blatently obvious but again we tend not to see eye to eye on anything

There's definitely been a lot worse to be fair. But I think Pogba is likely gonna get off lightly as it's not in the box.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,861 ✭✭✭Mr.H

M!Ck^ wrote:
    I've already said he went down easy but again you were originally making out like it's the worst you have seen all season So I feel you are completely exaggerating as are others Nothing will come of it is say

No he dived

In your opinion. Which is fairly wayward IMO

Mr.H wrote: »
    No he dived

Nah he didn't

Never mind the dive what about the kung foo kick in the 1st half!

No I'm not smoking crack, it's an addictive drug

It's not blatently obvious but again we tend not to see eye to eye on anything

Really? Because everytime I say anything about Liverpool being poor or anything related to that you tend to agree and like it.

Well this is awkward.

It just happens if I say anything Negative about United you disagree.

Funny that.

• Advertisement

There's definitely been a lot worse to be fair. But I think Pogba is likely gonna get off lightly as it's not in the box.

At least this is someway level headed!

Funny people pretending Jose was gracious. Lucky. Would he ever do one. Jose unlucky bus can feck off back to Manchester to bore the next set of fans

Oh without a doubt there has been a few worse ones alright but this one is pretty bad as well.

Really? Because everytime I say anything about Liverpool being poor or anything related to that you tend to agree and like it.

Well this is awkward.

It just happens if I say anything Negative about United you disagree.

Funny that.

You are looking for an argument with me, not football it seems

Funny that

In your opinion. Which is fairly wayward IMO

You usually say that about anyones opinion which doesn't align with your own though.

M!Ck^ wrote:
    Nah he didn't

Good point haha. He did a little bit alright but it happens all the time. I can't stand it but sure even Salah dives the whole time

You usually say that about anyones opinion which doesn't align with your own though.

Same to you

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭Marty Bird

That was a shocking dive from Pogba.

🌞6.02kWp⚡️3.01kWp South/East⚡️3.01kWp West

You are looking for an argument with me, not football it seems

Funny that

Not at all. I just think you're being biased. Saying we never agree on anything when literally it's just because I disagree with something about United.

Nobody can have a different opinion to a United supporter or they aren't considered "Neutral" or in this case "Bristol" fans.

I'm simply commenting on what I think the dive was.
    Blatantly jumping into a player with no contact forcing contact. Don't really give a sh1te who he plays for.

Mr.H wrote: »
    Good point haha. He did a little bit alright but it happens all the time. I can't stand it but sure even Salah dives the whole time
    I'm not advocating for diving I'm just making a point again like the Jose piece lads absolutely worked up over these things and blowing them way out of proportion. One of the worst dives of the season and ****? Get out of that :P

I've said it 3 times now that he went down softly but the defender shouldn't have given him the option by turning his back and sticking his foot out. The ref I assume gave it for obstruction or for contact with the leg. Or both

• Advertisement
Advertisement