Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Carabao Cup (League Cup)

12345679»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

Pep's challenges so far have consisted of him taking over the best side in their respective counties. Couldn't see him taking on something that big tbh.

If he was to go to Italy and rebuild AC Milan back to challengers/winners of the champions league, I would be hugely impressed. Although I'm sure Pep isn't too worried about impressing a random poster on an Irish message board. Still it would be a far more impressive achievement than anything he's currently doing, especially given the current level of AC Milan.
    You seriously think that City were the best side in the country when Pep came to us? Now I'm as biased as anyone on here (maybe more so), but I can't honestly agree with your assessment there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,603 ✭✭✭lassykk

blueser wrote: »
    You seriously think that City were the best side in the country when Pep came to us? Now I'm as biased as anyone on here (maybe more so), but I can't honestly agree with your assessment there.

In fairness they weren't far off being the best side and had infinite resources.
    The year he arrived they finished 4th with Pellegrini running out of ideas and everyone knew Pep was coming.

Leicester were an anomaly and Arsenal went on a brilliant end of season run. Neither could be described as better sides than City. Spurs, that year, looked very strong but again would take a lot to describe them as a better side than City at the time.

I was skeptical about Pep when he arrived mainly due to my dislike for Barcelona but he's been a revelation and I love the way he has City playing. I hope they win all around them this year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

lassykk wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.
    The season immediately before Pep arrived, we scraped into 4th place. On paper, we looked fairly good alright, but that didn't translate into results. And once Pellegrini announced that he was leaving (jan/feb time, IIRC), the players switched off and freewheeled towards the end of the season. As for Leicester and Arsenal, they were better than us that season. You can possibly "fluke" a cup win (home draws, lower league opposition etc) but, generally speaking, at the end of a 38 game league campaign, you tend to end up where you deserve to be.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Arsenal v Chelsea tonight at 8pm.

This is the 3rd time we play Arsenal in January, all draws so far, 2-2 in the league and 0-0 in the first leg.

Chelsea lead 1-0.

Good start so far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

Hilarious goal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,109 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Lol. Ping pong.

One of the most comical ogs you'll see.

Brilliant :pac:

GavRedKing wrote: »
    One of the most comical ogs you'll see.

Brilliant :pac:

I thought it would go down as a Monreal goal, as it was goal bound from his header. Is it the Alonso deflection that makes it an OG?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Is there something up with the stadium mics?
    Seems really quiet at times :/

• Advertisement

Hazard booked good and early. Hopefully that'll cut out the diving for the remainder of the game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,287 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

ERG89 wrote: »

I would not go with tv any more they can and do turn up mics when they want.

Perfect example of that was before christmas in the darts when they kept turning the sound down after one player was getting called all names after he was accused of cheating in the previous round

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,246 ✭✭✭Esse85

ERG89 wrote: »

I just thought the atmosphere was flat.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,814 ✭✭✭irishman86

Glad im not the only one who thought it was very quiet

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Hes nowhere near full fitness after leaving Everton but if Conte put Luiz where Barkley is now he'd be better off

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

Ha, another poxy goal for Arsenal

Ha, another poxy goal for Arsenal

You make your luck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Great win for Arsenal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,287 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Carabao Cup Final
    Sunday 25th February
    Man City v Arsenal 16:30 Sky Sports Football/Sky Sports Main Event

• Advertisement

Few changes for this for next year.

Extra time is being scrapped.
    The ABBA penalty system is being removed.
    Seedings removed.
    VAR in use at all PL stadiums.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ragnar Lothbrok

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Few changes for this for next year.

Extra time is being scrapped.
    The ABBA penalty system is being removed.
    Seedings removed.
    VAR in use at all PL stadiums.

All for the better except the ABBA system being removed. I think it works better than the old version.

If they got rid of the two legged semi final I'd be delighted.

I suppose the only saving grace is its not semi finals at Wembley like the FA cup.

Advertisement