Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Complaint against staff member - help with replies

Options
  • 16-06-2017 4:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭

Hi All

Am helping out a colleague here who advises that a customer (female) has made a complaint against a front line member of staff (male) stating that he was rude and obnoxious in his dealings with the customer.

The customer writes in a letter of complaint to The Manager advising that she the staff member should not be dealing with the public / is bad reflection of company etc. The Manager passed this on to be dealt with and to be kept informed etc

My colleague spoke with staff member and he denies all the accusations and advises that it was the other way around and that the customer wasn't prepared to accept that she was wrong and that she is in a strop cos she didn't get her way.

Customer is demanding (in writing) what action the Company is going to take against this staff member. My colleague has written to the customer in his capacity of Supervisor and has apologies for all the inconvenience and advised that it will be 'deal with internally' (even though there is not much to be done as its one word against another)

Just wondering what would you recommend to say in a reply to 'hit this on the head' and put to bed!??

(My colleague has asked me for advise of what to next....so looking for any suggestion that could be helpful)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭CeilingFly

What field is it in? Retail, Restaurant, Business to business?

If its retail and you know that it was unlikely to have happened in a way the customer described, then you just placate the customer with a response that they want to hear.

A good retail manager will know that many complaints that do not have specific detail, are frivolous and usually casued the customer wanting more that can be given and having a bad day and then wanting to "punish" someone.

The best reply to the customer is as above and that under employment regulations that they cannot divulge the exact disciplinary procedures actioned and to thank the customer for bringing it to their attention"

Its a polite way of telling the customer to eff off with their moaning.

btw - I had similar before, checked the cameras and it was the total opposite to what the customer said. If there are cameras you can add that the camera footage will be reviewed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭EverythingGood

Its enough to say that it will be dealt with internally. Disciplinary issues aren't for the public. Just say we will address your concerns and deal with it interally. Maybe, if you really want, invite her back for a voucher / post one to her, just as a goodwill gesture.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭Masala

CeilingFly wrote: »
    What field is it in? Retail, Restaurant, Business to business?

If its retail and you now that it is unlikely to happen in a way the customer described, then you just placate the custoemr with a response that they want to hear.

A good retail manager will know that many complaints that do not have specific detail, are frivolous and usually casued the customer wanting more that can be given and having a bad day and then wanting to "punish" someone.

The best reply to the customer is as above and that under employment regulations that they cannot divulge the exact disciplinary procedures actioned and to thank the customer for bringing it to their attention"

Its a polite way of telling the customer to eff off with their moaning.

btw - I had similar before, checked the cameras and it was the total opposite to what the customer said. If there are cameras you can add that the camera footage will be reviewed.

Many thanks.... yes Retail.

Customer seems to want more than a company apology and insisting that the apology 'hasn't addressed the staff members rudeness to her'!!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,581 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Masala wrote: »
    Many thanks.... yes Retail.

Customer seems to want more than a company apology and insisting that the apology 'hasn't addressed the staff members rudeness to her'!!

Well the customer is not entitled to know what the company are doing about it I would have thought.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 ainecaine

It's really none of her business how the issue is dealt with. I'd thank her for her communication and tell her the matter will be investigated. She's just a busy body trying to get a retail worker in trouble. It's so difficult dealing with customers.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭CeilingFly

Those types of customers are about. Personally I wouldn't want them as customers, but social media means you have to pander to their viciousness.

As above thank them, assure them that it will be dealt with and that cctv coverage which has sound will be reviewed to ensure appropriate action is taken.

You will not hear one jot of a reply.

Advertisement