Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blayney Rockets AC 10mile Road Race 29th July 2017

Options
  • 16-06-2017 4:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭

Folks,

My clubs annual road race takes place on Saturday 29th July.

4th running of the event that has grown each year. On a very fair course that starts at local Lough Muckno Park and travels round the outer roads of the lake, lovely scenic route and one that we run as part of our Long training runs most Sundays.

Link to entry and more about the race at the following link

http://www.runireland.com/events/blayney-rockets-ac-10-mile-road-race

Early bird entry €15 until 3rd July and thereafter €20. Good range of prizes, t-shirt and medal and a very decent spread and cuppa afterwards.

Anyone need to know more just let me know.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭KJ

I signed up for this a few weeks ago. Looking forward to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭digdeep

Looking forward to this one. Good atmosphere and a stadium/track finish. I wonder will the piper be there again this year - nice lift at 7 mile marker

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭Seannew1

I've entered into this myself; not sure what to expect!

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭pgarr

Entered also. Looking forward to it (bit of a trek for me but part of the fun) .

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭bigslice

Cheers guys for the registration. Don't think you'll regret it.

If you have questions, don't hesitate to ask.

Pgarr that's a decent trek over but we'll make sure you get well fed and a hot shower afterwards - once you cool down first of course!

• Advertisement

Any sneak peak of medal or tshirt for us, Bigslice?!!

Seannew1 wrote: »
    Any sneak peak of medal or tshirt for us, Bigslice?!!

I'm not very up to speed in posting pictures or that but if you look up Blayney Rockets on Facebook a picture of the medal was put up last night.

I cool medal in fairness for those who like collecting them.

Hope this helps.

With a week to go to race, it looks way beyonds the numbers for other years and will be the biggest 10miler we have had to date.

bigslice wrote: »
    I'm not very up to speed in posting pictures or that but if you look up Blayney Rockets on Facebook a picture of the medal was put up last night.

Hope this helps.

With a week to go to race, it looks way beyonds the numbers for other years and will be the biggest 10miler we have had to date.

I saw it last night! Looks great! Delighted to hear numbers are good! I hope Castleblayney is ready!

Hope this helps.

Medal looks awesome. Will be worth the drive :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,181 ✭✭✭healy1835

Any course profiles knocking around out there? :)

• Advertisement

Healy

Race profile here: http://www.mapmyrun.com/ie/castleblayney-u/blayney-rockets-10mile-road-race-course-1413894

Race t shirt also up on the Facebook page from last night, looks good.

Doesn't this race end at Faughs GAA pitch?? Are there possibilities to park there??

Seannew1 wrote: »
    Doesn't this race end at Faughs GAA pitch?? Are there possibilities to park there??

Sorry for delay.

There is limited parking at the pitch itself but plenty of roadside parking on the roads beside the grounds and car parks on town side, near Topaz station, behind it and across road from it.

A few maps on Facebook today. Start is about 1km from registration, nice warm up. But the finish is at same location as registration.

Sorry for delay.

There is limited parking at the pitch itself but plenty of roadside parking on the roads beside the grounds and car parks on town side, near Topaz station, behind it and across road from it.

A few maps on Facebook today. Start is about 1km from registration, nice warm up. But the finish is at same location as registration.

Thanks Big Slice. I have a decent idea of Castleblayney. I might try and park at Faughs pitch; when would be advisable to come to guarentee parking? I think run starts at lake where the parkrun takes place?

Seannew1, yeah idea to park at pitch or just round it. Should be plenty of space near to it, town side or towards N2. Finish is there and start is ten walk/five minute jog. Start not far from parkrun, will be well directed to it on the day.

Best of luck and hopefully get chatting to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭KJ

Great race today. Nice course, the weather was pretty much perfect. Nice medal and t-shirt and a PB. Everything was brilliant. I will definitely be back next year.

If I could make one suggestion it would be to possibly put a bin after the water stations instead of at them as nobody could use them.

Very well run race today.

I arrived late and Orla brought myself and another runner straight to the start line from registration in her jeep. Absolute legend.

Overall - nice and challenging course with a great finishing setting. The buns and cakes after was a serious spread - one to contend with anything anywhere else!

Worth the trip? Absolutely.

Super event; really enjoyed it. Well done to Blayney Rockets. Will be back next year for sure.

Advertisement